This is the FINDINGS THREAD FOR .141 fopr the 9500

Why are there 9530 users arguing about colour banding on this thread?

I thought we were doing the blue/red colour scheme finding reports?
    04-29-09 09:33 AM
    he asked about a finding, then people kept questioning HIM about HIS preference. So... blame your 9500 annoying friends
    04-29-09 09:35 AM
    Changes noticed:

Positives:
    - Smaller font in typing messages, bit different look, very nice!
    - fading effects are nice
    - camera is even faster!
    - accelerometer is faster, a bit)
    - locking and unlocking faster
    - Memory higher than before (with 5.15 after startup 41mb, now its 44mb)
    - after view minutes no memory drain.. 0.0
    - browser seems very fast!

Negatives:
    - No negatives found YET in comparison of previous os's

Would you (or anyone) be able to elaborate a little more on 'fading effects'. Does this have to do with transitions having to do with the accelerometer or with the return to the home screen after closing out of an application?
    04-29-09 09:42 AM
    I don't think I would have noticed color banding if someone had not pointed it out. Those that are bothered by it must be pretty high maintenance ;-)
    If I never hear the term 'color banding' again Ill be happy.

I am glad that Rim is focusing on real problems and fixing them, such as memory, making the phone stable, speed, auto boost, the camera, fixing the reboot problem, battery life, reducing typing lag .....etc.

I for one have tried to figure out this supposed problem, but I dont see it. And even if I could see a small difference, I would rather have speed.

My videos and pictures look great, better than any phone or pda I have owned. I really dont get the obsession by some people on this issue.
    04-29-09 09:47 AM
    Just installed, everything is great except for a small glitch with QuickLaunch. It seems that my QL menu is flickering non-stop.

Any ideas? Ive done the usual compatibility mode crap.
    04-29-09 09:58 AM
    QuickLauch does not work with the 4.7.0.141. They�re many users with the same problems.
    04-29-09 10:17 AM
    what is color banding?
    04-29-09 10:29 AM
    what is color banding?
    See this mate.
    04-29-09 10:31 AM
    so what you are saying is you would rather have a non colorbanding os rather than good os that fixes other issues??
    personally the color banding thing is so small to me i don't really notice it.
    i agree i never understand these anal color banding dudes. its simply so hard to notice its insane...
    04-29-09 10:32 AM
    are there still issues with the lock/unlock in the 9500 version?
    04-29-09 10:39 AM
    issue with lock/unlock !!!!! When you press a button, it unlocks the phone ! :-(
    04-29-09 10:42 AM
    Is this meant to be a bug because it works flawlessly. It unlocks so fast lol
    04-29-09 10:43 AM
    good lookin bro....

Must be while watching movies or something, because I've never seen it...
    04-29-09 11:13 AM
    Well, just installed the .141 as all the other leaked Versions.
    Works very well and smooth. Didnt see much more improvements to .131 Not yet. Testing a lit bit more.

THX for the leak.

Can i have a leaked Version of APP World that works in German. lol :-)
    04-29-09 11:19 AM
    I don't see any big differences between this an .131 so far. Locking / unlocking is quicker, I think. Camera might be slightly quicker. But I don't see any difference on the accelerometer, or if anything, going from landscape to portrait may even be slightly slower?

Too soon to say re memory and battery
    04-29-09 11:39 AM
    Are you guys having the unlock problem with the .141 SFI?

With the 132/141 9530 Hybrid any of the lower 4 hard buttons will unlock the phone instead of having to hit the lock button a second time.
    04-29-09 11:47 AM
    Are you guys having the unlock problem with the .141 SFI?

With the 132/141 9530 Hybrid any of the lower 4 hard buttons will unlock the phone instead of having to hit the lock button a second time.
    Well, the 4 hard buttons do this, but as I have a password on my BB, I just get the unlock dialog box, or at most the password entry screen. I take it that without a password you can inadvertently unlock your phone?
    04-29-09 11:51 AM
    is there any cure for the quicklaunch error/bug ?
    04-29-09 12:01 PM
    Just installed....... my Tasks has gone missing?????

Anyone seen it????

Any ideas?
    04-29-09 12:08 PM
    Just installed....... my Tasks has gone missing?????

Anyone seen it????

Any ideas?
    The app or the Tasks data? Stupid question time: was it selected as a component to install? Or if data, did you back them up? You can manually check the contents of a back up file using the advanced option in DM Restore and restore individual databases

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 12:17 PM
    See, I don't get this color banding complaint. This was also the case on .75 and pretty much every other OS for the Storm that I have ever seen.
    04-29-09 12:19 PM
    The app or the Tasks data? Stupid question time: was it selected as a component to install? Or if data, did you back them up? You can manually check the contents of a back up file using the advanced option in DM Restore and restore individual databases

Well both! I did a back up but can't find it now! tried searching everywhere it's just as if it didn't exist!

I always upgrade betas and wouldn't mind but this is the first time i've done a "clean install" and it's buggered everything up!
    04-29-09 12:31 PM
    Which firmware did this banding start?

Thanks.
    04-29-09 12:38 PM
    See, I don't get this color banding complaint. This was also the case on .75 and pretty much every other OS for the Storm that I have ever seen.
    I agree I don't give a rats c=3 about color banding

04-29-09 12:41 PM
149 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD