That's been well documented on CrackBerry. Maybe you can use StormSlider or something . . .
    05-08-09 07:09 AM
    Has anyone tried "official .141"? Or does the fact there have been few posts mean all the Voda Storms are bricked? Or aren't there many of us . . . . ?
    Hi again,
    stay with .131 provided it is working smoothly. I installed the UK .141 for test reasons. As reported, QuickLaunch does not work, and at present my battery drains a lot more. So I am not too satisfied with this official release.

I will post some new findings the other day. Or switch back to .131

Just one more thing: Radio seems to be a little bit improved. Or they manipulated the meter...
    05-08-09 01:20 PM
    Actually Pilotcap at first it seemed fine but it's not going that smoothly now, still a sluggish phone and I still can't leave home without my SonyEricsson! I'm going to be know as Two Phones soon! But I love this phone . . . even though I have no idea what the ring tone sounds like as I haven't used it yet for a call!!
    The various issues:
    portrait to landscape gets stuck 50% of the time when I turn the phone. Battery is gone in 12 hours and it's not doing anything. I have 3G turned off as that signal is an issue where I live but 2G is fine so searching isn't the problem. [WiFi would have sorted this for me].
    I have BerryWeather but I have only set that to update every 24 hours so no drain there.
    I do no browsing - too slow to bother!
    Every evening I get a screen message to "reboot the phone to complete installation or uninstall 1 of 5" - no idea what that is about. I reboot and get the same message next day.
    All I do is check my emails which shouldn't exhaust the battery.
    My son with his iphone thinks I'm very funny but I love this phone so it would be nice if it did more for me. Your thoughts on what I should consider doing would be great.
    05-08-09 02:58 PM
    There must be something far wrong. The prompt to restart: Do You have any third party apps like QuickPull or MeterBerry? You can set them to schedule daily restarts.
    Did You check Your GPS settings (BB Options). If GPS is set to "on" it will drain Your battery.
    Please remove BerryWeather for a test an do a battery pull after that. Then watch the device for a day or two and check the battery drain.
    05-08-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks and will do - I'm not close to giving up!! I have got meterberry. The prob with someone like me [very inexperienced] is I read so much, I pour over these forums -much more interesting than the washing when I get home! There is much that I can't fathom, there is much that is fascinating, I so want to get it right and I get so confused. Battery pull for example do you do that with the phone on or off? I do it when the phone is off, is that wrong. It's so frustrating when you don't know what is simple and can't find the answers. I have read tutorial after tutorial - sorry, I get so mad at myself! Thanks for your reply and help, I will try what you say and come back to you. I also read this evening that the less you do with the phone the less the memory gets so maybe I should try using it more. How does your screen click???? Another can of worms :-)
    05-08-09 06:42 PM
    What a star you are. You are right on both counts. GPS was on, I had not looked at it and I should not have assumed it was off purely as I hadn't set it to on. MeterBerry has got a scheduled reset for 8pm every day so I will switch that off too. Otherwise nothing much is set on it, no rotating icons,No batt temp warning, no memory warning and no clear event log when idle. Is that ok? I shall see how the battery goes now. What good news, you are my knight in shinning armour. Thank you.
    05-09-09 05:28 AM
    You may perform the battery pull when the BB is powered up. No need do switch it off. Just remove the battery, wait for about 30 secs and replace it.

Thanks for Your compliments. Glad I could help.
    05-09-09 07:15 AM
    So is it really worth updating from .131 to .141? Im beginning to think its not worth it from the feedback I've read. Whats your opinion?
    05-09-09 12:18 PM
    I am careful at the moment. SEEMS as if .141 was very stable and quick, and it SEEMS as if there is a better memory management. I am sceptical concerning energy management. SEEMINGLY the battery does not last as long as with .131
    On the other hand: The battery level has stabilized. I will not give any comment, but wait for three full charging cycles.
    Two problems exist: QuickLaunch is not fully compatible and "flickers"; hit any of the four bottom keys (phone green/red, Menu or Back) and the Storm unlocks.
    If You set a password or use StormLock, this is no real issue, though.

Stay with .131 for a couple of days, and watch the findings.
    05-09-09 02:31 PM
    Hi Pilotcap, Just checking in with good news - had a much better Stormday. Used the phone a lot. Ping messages, exploring it, sudoko, emails - yes it was a busy day!! Battery has only gone down one little bar.
    I do want to check I turned the right part off on the GPS - I changed Location from on to off - yes? I thought there was a GPS On Off section but when I went to look at it again today [making sure it had stayed off] there wasn't. If Location is on it looks for locations or checks it in the same place, am I right? Also is there a task manager anywhere? I had one on my old phone and I could see what was running even if it was in the background. Also checked BerryWeather and I only have it set up to update once a day so that shouldn't be a problem should it?
    By energy in your last post do you mean battery?
    I will certainly be staying on 131 for the time being. I'm sorry 141 isn't perfect for you, I wish it was - maybe in a month or so we'll both be on 151!!!
    Thank you again, :-)
    05-09-09 05:00 PM
    FYI:
    For those of you who want to try a shortcut application on your Storm running 4.7.0.141, please consider downloading the fully functional trial version of ShortcutMe_Touch from mobihand.com (Search for ShortcutMe).

ShortcutMe runs on all official and leaked BB OS and it can launch your applications astonishing fast after you either multiple click convenience keys or clicking (for example for Address Book application)
    Conv. Key + A + B

http://www.shortcutme.com/testimonials.html
    http://www.shortcutme.com/
    05-09-09 05:54 PM
    I still have signal issues with .141- at the top of a hill in the middle of an area of fairly extensive residential development - B97 5YP if any mods are motivated to check. Call quality is poor, signal strength SOS - 3 bars max. I haven't even attempted 3G. I was previously on O2 and they managed highly commendable call quality / signal strength. I'm using a landline more than ever now (and wasting the calls for which I pay up front for as part of my contract) as I am fed up af saying, 'Pardon?'
    05-09-09 06:26 PM
    Stupid question, is there a difference between the leaked .141 and the official UK .141?
    05-09-09 10:54 PM
    Stupid question, is there a difference between the leaked .141 and the official UK .141?
    There shouldn't be, but I went from the leaked version to the official one and so far it seems to be performing very well. No lagginess at all and I haven't felt the need for a battery pull in 2 days the leak was a little variable in terms of responsiveness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 06:25 AM
    That said, different installs seem to have different results, so who knows!

05-10-09 06:26 AM
    Been reading forums a lot and voda seem to have done rather a lot of fiddling.
    05-10-09 09:16 AM
    Been reading forums a lot and voda seem to have done rather a lot of fiddling.
    the only fidling voda have done is playing jeans pocket billiards, they promised that the radio code for their new release 141 would fix all users coverage issues and guess what it did f'all
    05-10-09 10:30 AM
    you either multiple click convenience keys or clicking (for example for Address Book application)
    Conv. Key + A + B
    is it possible to launch the app with the left convinience key then instead of the 2 letter combo just select it from the list via the touchscreen?
    05-10-09 10:57 AM
    Hi, just posted a longer piece within the other thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...ml#post2533527

I described my findings with the official .141 and have some step-by-step experience. Did not want to make a double posting...
    05-12-09 03:53 AM
    Is it worth going from 131 to 141?

05-12-09 04:38 AM
    Is there any scedual for updates? Or does anyone knows how long it takes before another update is available?
    05-12-09 04:53 AM
    lock function works for me for some reason but the sound off button no longer do anything other than pausing a song.
    05-12-09 05:17 AM
    is it possible to launch the app with the left convinience key then instead of the 2 letter combo just select it from the list via the touchscreen?
    Yes, you can touch to select and launch an item after conv. key click.

You can also click one letter, for example G, after conv. key to see all of your Game shortcuts and then touch to select/launch the one you want.

A crackberry user wrote about ShortcutMe:
    "The speed of this application is impressive. Even me trying to crash it on purpose, it takes it like a champ. Multi-tasking is actually pretty easy with this. Once you learn all of your shortcuts, you will be zipping through them like a hot knife through butter"

You can check it out by yourself. Fully functional trial version can be downloaded from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

ShortcutMe - Testimonials
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application
    Fonware Ltd. - Flash
    05-16-09 08:38 AM
    Is anyone having a problem with the volume buttons in media mode? Mine are changing volume and advancing/reversing tracks simultaneously. Normally you need to hold the volume button down an extra second or two, now it's instantaneous.
    Yeah, I noticed this as well...It just seems to me as if the time that you hold down the buttons is drastically decreased...if I tap them real quick it'll control the volume.

Running .141 w/ Crackman V5
    05-18-09 11:12 AM
149 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD