Hope you check this thread again Adslee19. I have spent so many hours on these threads. I am going to take your advice and go for the 131. I have noticed there are officiial voda releases for Hutchingson which is Asia I think also one for Vodaphone Greece, did you try either of those? Like you I am voda 9500.
    If I use another voda release what files do I have to delete, is that in the instructions? When I look at the download sites I don't see any information, so where are the instructions on "How to?"
    If you are still with me - thank you - and what is a mirror link? It seems from the posts there is more success with a mirror link.
    I have been pouring over these forum for quite a few weeks now and the more I read the more confused I get. I haven't really been able to use my phone as yet as I want to get it right first.
    If you can point me to the right link it would be a help. I was going to post the one i was thinking would be right but i can't get the link to post . .
    Thanks again.
    The full instructions are in the sticky thread (one of the too 4 or 5 threads in the storm Os discussion.) follow that and you'll be fine. As per the instructions you have to deleate a file called vendor.xml (all this is in the how to). When a new Os is leaked then the site hosting the download file gets overwhelmed by eveyone trying to download at once hence slowing the downloads for eveyone. To combat this a mirror if posted ie. The same file hosted by a different website. Hence halving the workload. I'm sure you'll be fine but if too do have any more questions or probs feel free to PM me.

It can be daunting the first time but you'll be like eveyone else in a couple of weeks checking this place all the time for the latest Os! Hence the name of the site, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 05:18 AM
    Pilotcap and Adslee thank you both very much indeed.
    My memory at present is:
    App mem free space 24.1 presumably that will be more if I upgrade as I only want one of the games that came installed on the storm.
    Total space – 879.2mb
    Free space 870.8mb
    The apps I bought are:
    MyUtils
    Storm Level Pro
    MeterBerry
    BerryWeather for BlackBerry Storm
    StormSlider
    and games:
    Stained Glass
    Simon Says
    Thumdoko
    I hope to re-install word mole [on Storm already] from my back up.
    I will also get Quick Launch – it looks good, I had read about it not working in 141. And was temped so glad to hear it recommended.
    Will that lot be too much in the way of extra apps?

Pilotcap – the link you posted is by a chap from France will that be ok. It is one of the ones listed a multi-language but what happens to all my voda settings [sms, mms, email etc?] Are they on the back up I create? I notice you have upgraded gradually, .106, .109, .113, .122 and now use .131, will it be a problem for me to go straight to 131?

I apologise for more questions, I am so anxious not to get this wrong!

Best to you both, Orn8
    05-03-09 10:40 AM
    Hi All,
    Here is my review of the .141 OS: I installed it 5 days ago. Used it vigorously emailing, IMing texting SMS, MMS. and these are my findings :

For me the Boot up is faster about 3 minutes. (in .121 it was almost 5 minutes.)

Accelometer: is quick but not as sensitive as in .121 .113 its good.

Memory: well at Boot up its a nice 41MB but within 30 minutes it is down to 25-28MB. but it does not affect the speed of my Apps opening and closing even while running Slacker or Pandora in the background. Very good mem dips down to 7MB but it recovers very well into the 20's I haven't had any reboots or freeze ups like in .121 .113

Video: runs great and looks a bit sharper even Youtube looks a little better ( very little). Vid camera records instantly upon pressing record and goes to save mode as soon as I hit stop. much quicker response!

Camera: works faster at taking pictures and the pictures are very very nice.

Phone: Since I have it on Tmobile (US) it runs on EDGE. I have never had problems with it connecting to EDGE. Now it connects as soon as the boot up is done. and it seems to keep a higher Bar count in signal. OH and for some reason when i finished the the upgrade and it booted up i didn't have to do the steps outlined on this forum by PLTAYLOR to get it running. it instantly set up my browser and all i had to do was send my Email Service Books. VERY VERY GOOD (one less step to do)

MMS SMS: never had a problem with.

Color Banding: I never had or Never noticed to me my screen looked great actually its gotten better with the last two OS upgrades.

Battery: gives me about 18hrs even with vigorous use a lot better than previous OS's

Ok now the one problem that is a little agravating and I haven't read anything about it here. When I receive calls the caller Id is very small letters and the Picture associated with it is also small ( I Mean Real Small)need to really look at it in order to known who it is calling. to me this really sucks as i like to be able to just glance at the phone a quickly be able to decide whether I want to talk to this person or not.

All in All I am very Happy with this Upgrade its quick and very stable. The Last Battery pull I have done ( not needed to do) was Three days ago but I have noticed that my Memory may dip low enough to make me nervous but it would pop back up and the handset does not suffer any negative affects.
    At This Point I am Very Happy with my Storm and I need to Thank all Of the Good People of CrackBerry. Can't wait to see what future OS's will be like Especially 5.0
    Thank you all.

Update: going on five days since last battery pull. This leak is working great! even with the heavy use, Memory dips to about 4MB but recovers to about 14MB very impressive considering the multiple Daily pulls at .113 battery still gives me about 16-18 hours of moderate to heavy use. I'm loving my storm more and more! .2XX OS's must really be good ! can't wait.
    Last edited by Bostorican; 05-04-09 at 10:03 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    05-03-09 11:18 AM
    My memory at present is:
    App mem free space 24.1 presumably that will be more if I upgrade as I only want one of the games that came installed on the storm.
    Total space � 879.2mb
    Free space 870.8mb
    The apps I bought are:

MyUtils
    Storm Level Pro
    MeterBerry
    StormSlider
    and games:
    Stained Glass
    Simon Says
    Thumdoko
    I will also get Quick Launch � it looks good, I had read about it not working in 141. And was temped so glad to hear it recommended.

Pilotcap � the link you posted is by a chap from France will that be ok. It is one of the ones listed a multi-language but what happens to all my voda settings [sms, mms, email etc?] Are they on the back up I create? I notice you have upgraded gradually, .106, .109, .113, .122 and now use .131, will it be a problem for me to go straight to 131?

Best to you both, Orn8

No problem going straight to that os, I would recommend gradually adding the
    apps so if any of them start killing the batt or mem you'll be able to work
    out which it is. All the os's are the same for all the languages so that isn't
    an issue and as long as you've backed up any changes then when you restore it'll all come back! If you have any probs during the install ill ae happy to help out!

05-03-09 11:48 AM
    I am on .78 and not sure if i should download the voda official 1.1.1 or bit the bullet and go for one of the leaks. Will it be harder to do or have more glitchy results as I haven't gone in stages like most of you guys? Should I start at 122 or go straight to 141 or stick to safe 111?
    Would be so grateful for advice, I keep posting the questions but get few answers.
    Hey I was on .78 as well until about an hour ago, upgraded to .141 (I got fed up of waiting for an official release) and the OS is working fine had no problems and its much better than .78

The main problem is with the lock (it now unlocks on any button press (not screen) but its liveable)
    Sometimes the screen tilt lags but on the whole is faster than .78
    Browser is loads faster.
    My signal seems stronger but that might not be because of the update

Change in the way you select text when messaging is great.

Overall follow the tutorials in this forum and you can't go wrong with the update and I would definitely recommend it
    05-03-09 01:59 PM
    Yeah so if you went for .131 you won't have the lock issue. I'm on .141 and the lock issue doesn't bother me as I use the holster all the time.

05-03-09 02:08 PM
    Is anyone having a problem with the volume buttons in media mode? Mine are changing volume and advancing/reversing tracks simultaneously. Normally you need to hold the volume button down an extra second or two, now it's instantaneous.
    05-03-09 03:32 PM
    So far so good. I lost my browser momentarily, but with the help of the crackberry community, I restored that with no problem.

I experienced a SEVERE decrease in battery life when I went from what came installed on my phone to .132. With very light use, I could only go from 8am-2:30pm until the batter indicator was yellow.

Today, from 8-4:30pm, with moderate use, I still have half left.

Anybody experienced an excessive battery drain with weatherbug installed? It was fine on the original OS, but I am wondering if that was my issue with .132.

I'm pleased with the acclerometer. I have the lock issue as well. I will have to test the browser speed later, when I have a better signal strength to really gauge things.
    Last edited by variable; 05-03-09 at 03:47 PM.
    05-03-09 03:42 PM
    My memory at present is:
    Total space � 879.2mb
    Free space 870.8mb
    The apps I bought are:
    MyUtils
    Storm Level Pro
    MeterBerry
    StormSlider
    and games:
    Stained Glass
    Simon Says
    Thumdoko
    I will also get Quick Launch � it looks good, I had read about it not working in 141. And was temped so glad to hear it recommended.

Pilotcap � the link you posted is by a chap from France will that be ok. It is one of the ones listed a multi-language but what happens to all my voda settings [sms, mms, email etc?] Are they on the back up I create? I notice you have upgraded gradually, .106, .109, .113, .122 and now use .131, will it be a problem for me to go straight to 131?

Best to you both, Orn8
    You may proceed from .78 to .131 in one single step. As a default, the Desktop Manager backs up all settings and mails etc. Make sure that You do not deactivate this option by chance. And yes: IMO .131 is better than .141, which brings no spectacular advantage but two or three issues.

Good Luck!
    05-03-09 03:44 PM
    Is anyone having a problem with the volume buttons in media mode? Mine are changing volume and advancing/reversing tracks simultaneously. Normally you need to hold the volume button down an extra second or two, now it's instantaneous.
    Yeah, I noticed that in .131 first (not tried it in .141 yet) - you tap the button and the volume seems to go up for a second, then the track changes and the volume returns to what it was originally!
    05-03-09 04:04 PM
    I find that only happens in landscape? Any one else?

05-03-09 04:09 PM
    Adslee, Pilotcap and LennyUK, I am so grateful for all your input.
    I am quite excited about doing the upgrade now thanks to you guys. Hopefully tomorrow if I can organise myself a few clear hours. Will keep you posted and pm everyone if I get in a mess!

To Variable – I have read on other threads that weatherbug eats your battery and berryweather doesn’t. You also need to check how often the app is checking for updates. I read that some check every hour or more and that drains the battery too. I think I may have read that on a thread called Crystal Clear which is about a low memory guzzling theme.
    Thanks again Orn8
    05-03-09 04:29 PM
    very pleased with .141

the fact that any button on the bottom four is also handy...makes unlocking quicker for some reason

this is probably the best leak I have seen thus far...keep em coming rimjobs
    05-03-09 09:30 PM
    very pleased with .141

the fact that any button on the bottom four is also handy...makes unlocking quicker for some reason

this is probably the best leak I have seen thus far...keep em coming rimjobs

yeah this "bug" is IMO good for people who use the holster (which I do) but those people that don't will probably be making unwanted calls eventually.

But berryslider or whatever its called (the ipod application) will fix that
    05-04-09 07:21 AM
    im currently running with the 141 plus the java files from the lyricidal hybrid thread its eliminated the issues with ql and most of the other bugs aswell, suggest all those that can do the same
    05-04-09 08:17 AM
    Ok, so even though everyone's going to page past my reply, and ignore it flat out, Im going to add my 2cents anyway.

I did my second upgrade a few days ago, and went to 141.
    For the first time ever, Im on day 3 of my battery, with moderate use, which makes me very happy.
    I also get 3G signals (bar4 and higher) in my office and at home, where I only got half assed GPRS when on .113

The lock delay is now "fine" for me, and I had no reboots yet, no crashes, but it's only day 2.5 now.

Im glad I updated, I love me storm more and more after every update.

i LIKE how the screen unlocking now works (which everyone farts about). I \t may be a bug, but it's a good one.
    Last edited by mbvdlza; 05-04-09 at 08:46 AM. Reason: oh yes, lock bug.
    05-04-09 08:46 AM
    I have the highest picture quality camera settings:
    Large - 2048x1536
    PQ - superfine

but most of the pictures saved are under 100KB, these can't be 3Meg pixel quality.

OS use to take about 500KB files sizes. I don't know when this broke but perhaps this explains the camera speed increase not saving files as 3MB pixel.

Anybody know what's going on here.
    05-04-09 09:55 AM
    Can anyone please tell me if the video freezing while taking videos and the errors regarding saving video (format error) has been resolved with this new os .141? Thanks. I am still running .75 with major video issues.
    Thank you
    05-04-09 12:57 PM
    I shall go test the video now
    05-04-09 01:40 PM
    Video seems to be recording and saving great now.
    05-04-09 01:46 PM
    Adslee and Pilotcap - guess what - the deed is done! Took a while, I thought I had two clear hours and had visitors and phone calls and the dog was . . . well never mind, I'm on 131 and it works!
    Had a few scary moments when I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do but kept calm and manged to hit the right options.
    Thank you both, in the back of my head it was such a relief to know I could pm you and find a way out of trouble. You both gave me the confidence to have a crack and I'm very grateful that you took the time to reply to my posts.
    Thank you both very much indeed.
    05-04-09 07:44 PM
    Hi I read on a dutch forum that there's an official .141 out.
    can someone conferm if this is true!
    05-06-09 11:57 AM
    Hi I read on a dutch forum that there's an official .141 out.
    can someone conferm if this is true!
    Yea was released yesturday.

Please head to : http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/vo...-storm-221904/
    05-06-09 11:58 AM
    Has anyone tried "official .141"? Or does the fact there have been few posts mean all the Voda Storms are bricked? Or aren't there many of us . . . . ?
    05-07-09 05:38 PM
    Yep its there (.141), a bit difficult to download . There must be a huge overload on their server. I manged to download after about 10 attempts yesterday afternoon,
    Installs fine, only problem I have found so far is that all 4 buttons on the bottom unlock the phone.... annoying
    05-07-09 07:04 PM
149 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD