Upgraded last night. Downgraded today. Not happy with the lock buttons (two calls made whilst in pocket), daft idea that. Signal - "sos" and "x" much more than usual, including at my desk where there are normally 1-2 bars. Anyway Storm isn't half the phone without Quicklaunch.
    04-30-09 11:21 AM
    actually i cant tell a darn difference between .132 and .141

Same here!
    04-30-09 11:21 AM
    I upgraded last night and I'm happy with .141 the typing is quicker and slightly more accurate mem has been holding strong much better than 131 all around a solid build for me
    04-30-09 12:32 PM
    Is anyone feels that the signal is not that good as old version?
    04-30-09 01:00 PM
    complete newb at this its the first time ive upgraded the os on the storm or any other device lol....

screen rotates quicker for me and i like the flick scrolling...doesnt seem as laggy as it used to be but the bloody camera is still painfully slow everything else just seems the same oh and the broswer seems alot faster too with decent net speeds....
    Last edited by morphie; 04-30-09 at 01:06 PM.
    04-30-09 01:04 PM
    I'm so freeking gratefull for the .141

I updated from .113 to .131 and everything went wrong, the damn typing was slow and sometimes just didn't react and the whole phone was soo freeking slow.

I decided to wait for a newer update instead of downgrading.... and there it came, the .141

I installed it and it was great , it ran as smooth as the .113 and a little quicker, gotta love this firmware

btw this is my opinion and since every phone is different and people have different apps installed , not every firmware will give the same result as it does on a other user..

so you just have to try it , to look if it rocks or not.

for me .131 was totally crap with so many errors and glitches it made me pissed, but it seems to run great for some users sooooowww it will be the same with this and every other firmware.. just try it for yourself

peace out
    Last edited by dutchdragon81; 04-30-09 at 01:25 PM.
    04-30-09 01:17 PM
    unfortunatly i dont like the effect 141 has on the quicklaunch app, cant use my storm without quicklaunch in my opinion not worth the upgrade from 131 to 141 with this bug in place
    04-30-09 01:28 PM
    So, I didn't go through all of the posts but I just installed .141 (from .132) and pulled the battery once and I've already noticed that not only is the color banding still there, but there seems to be a transparent box around the different large icons in the media player. I mostly use my Storm and a phone/emailing device so it doesn't really bother me, but for the rest of you that are really ticked about the color issue, this seems to be much worse.

The radio signal in both .132 and .141 is poor for me, I seem to always be stuck on 1X and rarely will it go to 1XEV, but it's intermittent at this point. - However .141's radio seems to be more stable on 1XEV at this point than .132.

Memory leaks still present.

Also, the unlock issue is present where any key will unlock my phone, forcing me to use a password if I want my screen truly locked - or download a 3rd party lock app.

Navigating the phone overall is a lot more snappier and quick in .141 than .132, however the accelerometer is the same, if not than fractionally slower.

Overall, I don't see any dramatic differences between .141 and .132, but like I said, I use my phone mostly for calls and emails and it seems to me that it was worth the upgrade for my usage. Of course I don't think any of the releases yet could be labeled as "solid" builds, (I've tested a lot of the leaked releases) they are definitely improving. But there is still a long way to go at this pace.

In conclusion, I wouldn't want the kind people who are leaking these releases (and risking their jobs doing so) to think that I'm unappreciative by any means, I would absolutely hate my Storm if i was still back in the .7x builds, if anything I look forward to their future leaks as each one seems to improve the overall functionality of the phone, if not for their leaks, I would have traded in my Storm long ago, so thanks!
    04-30-09 01:34 PM
    Well, I don't care about the lock issue, so I won't say more about that. After loading, it took 3 battery pulls to get 1XEV data connection. Then I didn't think any more about it. A few minutes ago I noticed I wasn't getting new mail on the Storm (sitting beside me on my desk) even though I was getting them in both my Yahoo and Exchange accounts. Tried the browser--nothing. Tried "Email Settings"setup--nothing--even though I had 1XEV at the top. Turned "Data Service" off and back on, and had 1xev only. I just had to do a quickpull to get my data service back. I'll give it one more chance, then I'm back to .132.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have put this in the 9530 thread.
    Last edited by CBMem; 04-30-09 at 02:03 PM.
    04-30-09 01:46 PM
    I am on .78 and not sure if i should download the voda official 1.1.1 or bit the bullet and go for one of the leaks. Will it be harder to do or have more glitchy results as I haven't gone in stages like most of you guys? Should I start at 122 or go straight to 141 or stick to safe 111?
    Would be so grateful for advice, I keep posting the questions but get few answers.
    04-30-09 04:28 PM
    What is color banding?
    04-30-09 04:32 PM
    Well, i was running the .141 / 5.0 hybrid but i had alot of memory loss issues. I wiped with JL_CMD and reinstalled .141, then slimmed it down with Shrink-an-OS, I must say, not to bad really.

I booted up with 60.5 MB of memory, which is a personal high

Lock doesnt work, but we all know theres a fix for it at this point.

Accelorometer doesnt seem as responsive as .132.

Those are my findings so far, ill post back more after!
    04-30-09 04:54 PM
    What is flick scrolling
    05-01-09 01:42 AM
    What is flick scrolling
    I was going to lmgtfy.com but im in a good mood haha.

Here you go. iPhone: Using the Multi-touch Display
    05-01-09 02:11 AM
    This is my first OS upgrade. Fron .75 - 141.

Firstly...read the thread and stop asking what "colour banding" is. If you can notice it you've got far too much time on your hands.

Phone signal is better
    Memory is up tgo over 50mb
    Accelerometer is fast and "more intelligent"
    Camera is actually usable
    Media player in now actually loud enough to use in the car without an Amp!

Negatives:
    Dont like the keylock - but that has been covered

Just my 2c
    Last edited by jimred07; 05-01-09 at 05:09 AM.
    05-01-09 04:58 AM
    I am on .78 and not sure if i should download the voda official 1.1.1 or bit the bullet and go for one of the leaks. Will it be harder to do or have more glitchy results as I haven't gone in stages like most of you guys? Should I start at 122 or go straight to 141 or stick to safe 111?
    Would be so grateful for advice, I keep posting the questions but get few answers.
    Hi, I do not know about an official VDF 1.1.1 release. The last one officially published for the 9500 series is .78, and I understand that You are using it.

It is up to You wether You will give one of the (part-official) or beta versions a try. .113 was released by the Slovenian VDF offspring simobil; .122 is available officially via Hutchinson Asia (but works well on European devices); .131 is beta but working without any serious trouble. ALL are better than .78.

I had my best experience with .113 and .131.
    05-01-09 05:56 AM
    This is my first OS upgrade. Fron .75 - 141.

Negatives:
    Dont like the keylock - but that has been covered

Just my 2c
    Sorry for asking, I seem to have missed something: Is there a FIX for this keylock issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pilotcap; 05-01-09 at 06:00 AM.
    05-01-09 05:57 AM
    does anyone have an issue with quickpull? mine doesn't seem to work anymore after i upgraded to 141
    05-01-09 09:44 AM
    QuickLauch does not work with the 4.7.0.141. They�re many users with the same problems.
    Os 4.70.0.141 is not a proposition as there is a bug, hence the keylock and Quicklaunch problems and who knows what else. I have managed to sort this out by using the same 141 Os and hybridising using Lyricidal java files of 5.0.0.90 and presto the benefits of 141 are there with operational Quicklaunch et al. Remember these are 9500 files and I have no idea how 9530 will react.
    NB:The radio files I kept as is. Happiness is......
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 05-01-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-01-09 10:18 AM
    Hi, I do not know about an official VDF 1.1.1 release. The last one officially published for the 9500 series is .78, and I understand that You are using it.

It is up to You wether You will give one of the (part-official) or beta versions a try. .113 was released by the Slovenian VDF offspring simobil; .122 is available officially via Hutchinson Asia (but works well on European devices); .131 is beta but working without any serious trouble. ALL are better than .78.

I had my best experience with .113 and .131.
    T
    Thank you so much for your advice Pilotcap. I feel silly I got the 1.1.1 wrong. I copied it from the Bberry download site as follows:
    Package Version: 4.7.0.111
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.78
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.98
    I didn't find the 1.1.1 on my device so I assumed it was an upgrade.
    Do you think someone with rather little skill at this can do an upgrade? I read all the posts about shrinking this and remving that and I go rather cold! How easy is it for an amateur?
    Hope to hear from you again,
    Thank you.
    05-01-09 04:23 PM
    T
    Thank you so much for your advice Pilotcap. I feel silly I got the 1.1.1 wrong. I copied it from the Bberry download site as follows:
    Package Version: 4.7.0.111
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.78
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.98
    I didn't find the 1.1.1 on my device so I assumed it was an upgrade.
    Do you think someone with rather little skill at this can do an upgrade? I read all the posts about shrinking this and remving that and I go rather cold! How easy is it for an amateur?
    Hope to hear from you again,
    Thank you.
    If you follow the directions word for word in the "how to upgrade a leaked/beta Os"
    Then you'll be fine! I have upgraded every time a new one has come out and its made this phone a lot closer to what it should be! There is plenty of support in the forums if you do balls it up and make sure you back up and back up your 3rd party Apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 09:22 AM
    Thank you Adslee19. I have read the "how to upgrade a leaked/beta Os" and it's great to be reassured I should be able to mange with care. All the apps I've bought are still in my crackberry account as I don't want to muck up and haven't downloaded them yet. I thought I should sort the upgrade first then download the apps I've bought. That's why I'm sitting here waiting for answers to my posts. Thank you for joining the small number of people who have bothered to give me advice. Very grateful to you.
    05-02-09 03:19 PM
    Thank you Adslee19. I have read the "how to upgrade a leaked/beta Os" and it's great to be reassured I should be able to mange with care. All the apps I've bought are still in my crackberry account as I don't want to muck up and haven't downloaded them yet. I thought I should sort the upgrade first then download the apps I've bought. That's why I'm sitting here waiting for answers to my posts. Thank you for joining the small number of people who have bothered to give me advice. Very grateful to you.
    Yeah well if you do it that way then you don't have to worry about the backing up of apps, if the worst does happen and you brick it there are threads on that. Just make sure you install the correct Os for your particular model ie. 9500 or 9530 (sorry if you already knew that but they're not interchangeable!)... Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:49 PM
    Hope you check this thread again Adslee19. I have spent so many hours on these threads. I am going to take your advice and go for the 131. I have noticed there are officiial voda releases for Hutchingson which is Asia I think also one for Vodaphone Greece, did you try either of those? Like you I am voda 9500.
    If I use another voda release what files do I have to delete, is that in the instructions? When I look at the download sites I don't see any information, so where are the instructions on "How to?"
    If you are still with me - thank you - and what is a mirror link? It seems from the posts there is more success with a mirror link.
    I have been pouring over these forum for quite a few weeks now and the more I read the more confused I get. I haven't really been able to use my phone as yet as I want to get it right first.
    If you can point me to the right link it would be a help. I was going to post the one i was thinking would be right but i can't get the link to post . .
    Thanks again.
    05-02-09 06:04 PM
    Hi,

.100 VDF Greece is outdated. You can take the "official" .122 Hutchinson but sometimes it uses lots of battery.

The best IMO is .131.

Here is Your link to is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...-131-a-210705/

A word on 3rd party apps: Make sure You really NEED them! And check forums for issues! Some of them, esp. those manipulating or changing system functions, MAY have issues: battery drain, RAM usage.

But give QuickLaunch a try, it is one of the best!

A last word of warning though: OFFICIAL is just the software, that YOUR provider releases for YOUR country. If You have any issues, do not blame him (or us... ) ;-)). BUT: I had .106, .109, .113, .122 and now use .131, and no problems.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Last edited by pilotcap; 05-03-09 at 04:24 AM.
    05-03-09 03:12 AM
149 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD