Just woke up to this in my inbox from newegg. its for new customers only but a steal for those who still want a storm and were waiting

Save on Cell Phones with Service Through Newegg.com
    05-22-09 08:43 AM
    An even bigger indication the Storm 2 will arrive "soon"
    05-22-09 09:34 AM
    why buy a storm when storm 2 is coming out soon
    05-22-09 10:27 AM
    I don't think we'll see Storm 2 until it gets close to Christmas.

Grey
    05-22-09 10:31 AM
    ^^^^^ with him... black friday release, would bet my storm on it... it may be out for carrier beta by june but no way to the public till later this year.
    05-22-09 10:32 AM
    If it's not coming out til late fall (which I believe it is), why drop the price so low? I think they really need to get rid of these things. Because if your product is very good then people will still buy it (at a reasonable price) especially still 6 months from initial launch. Just my thought.
    05-22-09 10:36 AM
    i wouldn't buy a storm regardless, just wanted to share the info incase others want one
    05-22-09 10:48 AM
    why buy a storm when storm 2 is coming out soon
    likely not out soon....
    Storm is a good device for many owners...(me being one)
    can't spend your whole life waiting for something newer, maybe better...

i'm done :}
    05-22-09 11:02 AM
    Man, if RIM comes out with this thing before November, I'm going to be pissed off. At least Apple waited a full year before they came out with iPhone2. This tells me that RIM felt the first one was never done right, and decided to scrap it and build it again.

We had so many problems with the click screen (people returning 4 or 5 or more) and the OS that never materialized. And now to have it for $69.99? Talk about a firesale.
    05-22-09 11:09 AM
    And let the inventory sell off begin!
    05-22-09 11:38 AM
    I'm more than happy with mine! I'm a little pissed that they are getting rid of the surepress screen. I like it and can type like there is no tomorrow with it! Ahh well i'm not to bent about it (storm 1)getting replaced not going to be the last time they upgrade the hardware etc.
    05-22-09 11:45 AM
    I don't really understand this either.
    IMO, RIM is effing up, bad.
    05-22-09 12:01 PM
    I love my Storm and it doesn't really give me problems *knocking on any wood I see* but this pisses me off. Its like RIM figured out that the majority of Storms were messed up and they decided to just release a brand new phone instead of making an update for this one.

What the he11 RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:10 PM
    I'm not upgrading to the Strm 2 as the Storm niner will be out by Spring! I think i saw the Storm 2 discounted already.
    05-22-09 12:11 PM
    Knowing Verizon, they'll try to come out with it next week....and of course they're gonna get all of us gadget dummies in a line at their stores trying to get a Storm 2 no matter how "rushed out the door" the product is.....look at the unit that "leaked" and is being shown on the CB frontpage......lol you can't even do anything with it...it's about as functional of a phone as a banana.....what a joke.....I love Blackberries and am starting to HATE Verizon more and more each day
    05-22-09 02:12 PM
    An even bigger indication the Storm 2 will arrive "soon"
    I bet the Storm is going to release early next year...because I think Verizon is actually going to take the new stormy more seriously and they will make sure to avoid another "scandal" like the Storm I
    Last edited by duzt2782; 05-22-09 at 03:05 PM.
    05-22-09 02:57 PM
    did you look at half the other BB's they had there for FREE. Just because it is going for 69.99 doesnt mean much. No insurance on phone either. Insurance is 49.99 for phone not thru VZW. Plus a new 2 yr contract is required.
    05-22-09 03:22 PM
    likely not out soon....
    Storm is a good device for many owners...(me being one)
    can't spend your whole life waiting for something newer, maybe better...

i'm done :}
    Ya i did that with my commitment with women. always thinking there was a better, prettier etc. now I am 39 and still single lol

but i have a storm!
    05-22-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD