Kyle if your trying to prove a point thats fine, but right now it seems your just trying to be arguementative. We get it, the storm sold more units and you can still buy them, ok, fine, your right.
    Now on to something that will benefit the thread.

As far as the 6.0 os the other reason I asked this question was because of the speculated "storm 3" coming out. It is speculated to have hardware like no other blackberry like the LCD screen, 5.0 camera, better and faster processor, so will it be accompanied by software unlike any other blackberry. Could it be possible that RIM puts a brand new 6.0 os with the storm 3 and other new devices, but older devices don't get the upgrade?
    It could create a sort of pull and new kinda excitment to get a newer phone.
    What do you think?
    ....... See this is why i suck at buying phones... every time i buy one a better one comes out. as far as the whole storm thing carrying 6.0 i would say the phone that brings in a good amount of revenue will have some type of it. It might not be loaded but i think there will still be an upgrade.
    03-23-10 09:49 AM
    ....... See this is why i suck at buying phones... every time i buy one a better one comes out. as far as the whole storm thing carrying 6.0 i would say the phone that brings in a good amount of revenue will have some type of it. It might not be loaded but i think there will still be an upgrade.
    You could be the best phone buyer in the world, they'd still release em faster than you could swap SIM cards in. I am not a bleeding-edge dweller. I prefer to buy phones I can afford (on my modest salary) to brick while I'm having fun with them. I'm not even sure the 9500/9530 will see an official .5xx release. I'd bet a nut (either one... pick one) that the 9500/9530 will not see more than 1 or 2 more official releases. The hybrid machine will not stop loving us for a while longer, though, so I'm not too worried.
    03-26-10 02:33 PM
    You could be the best phone buyer in the world, they'd still release em faster than you could swap SIM cards in. I am not a bleeding-edge dweller. I prefer to buy phones I can afford (on my modest salary) to brick while I'm having fun with them. I'm not even sure the 9500/9530 will see an official .5xx release. I'd bet a nut (either one... pick one) that the 9500/9530 will not see more than 1 or 2 more official releases. The hybrid machine will not stop loving us for a while longer, though, so I'm not too worried.
    true to a point, but you still need radio files to work with the java...at some point the radio will not work with the java files. also, OS 6 is coming, OS 5 production will halt at some point. i am guess pretty soon too
    03-26-10 02:49 PM
    The S1 it's done...We haven't seen any updates or Leaks at all...so what makes us think RIM will release an OS 6 for it?

10 more months to upgrade to a WiFi phone with bigger memory and no Dim Light Bug...
    03-27-10 09:33 AM
    As I am on AT&T, I could get 2 9550's from VZW for $99, but I won't switch carriers just to get a phone unless I'm saving a ton of $ to boot.
    03-27-10 11:25 AM
    so much for os6 for s1 I just going to wait until the new phone comes out in mid july
    04-19-10 12:22 PM
    have the storm2.... wonder how the OS 6 will work with it
    04-22-10 08:36 AM
    Just because the phone's being sold, that doesn't mean it will automatically have the latest hardware. The Pearl and Pearl Flip still sell, but they don't even have OS5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 02:06 PM
    I really hope the S2 will get 6.0 - the OS looks very promising UI-side; I hope stability isn't an issue in those later builds.
    04-24-10 06:59 AM
    No 6 for S1 owners.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 10:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD