WarER- This sounds like the route I'm probably going to go with (add a line and ETF). Do they make you give a name and info (SSN?) when you add a new line? Everyone in my family is already on the plan, so that might be tough. Also do you think they'll hit you with the $35 activation fee to activate the storm on your line after cancelling the other line?
    11-14-08 10:52 AM
    WarER- This sounds like the route I'm probably going to go with (add a line and ETF). Do they make you give a name and info (SSN?) when you add a new line? Everyone in my family is already on the plan, so that might be tough. Also do you think they'll hit you with the $35 activation fee to activate the storm on your line after cancelling the other line?
    An actual person doesn't have to be associated with a line. For example, one person could have three different lines if they really wanted. Verizon doesn't care. Perhaps you have a need for three different lines to yourself. At any rate, I was playing around with it on their website; going through the motions of adding a line (obviously, I couldn't choose the Storm as the new phone yet) and it said new-line activation was free. I don't know if they will retroactively charge you if you then cancel the line later.

Man, cell phone agreements are almost as complicated as the tax code, it seems. :\

-SR-
    11-14-08 10:58 AM
    I just spoke to Best Buy and they stated that they'll match the Verizon Online or corporate store price for full retail. So if Verizon has it at $499 they'll match it.
    That would be sweet
    11-14-08 10:59 AM
    I just spoke to Best Buy and they stated that they'll match the Verizon Online or corporate store price for full retail. So if Verizon has it at $499 they'll match it.
    Where is thr $499 number you are referencing coming from? is it a guess? if seen the 249+200+whatever calculations and that doesnt carry a lot of weight with me. i think we really need to wait until its officially announced. it looks like non-upgrade-elligible customers like me will be paying serious dough for excellence.
    11-14-08 11:45 AM
    Where is thr $499 number you are referencing coming from? is it a guess? if seen the 249+200+whatever calculations and that doesnt carry a lot of weight with me. i think we really need to wait until its officially announced. it looks like non-upgrade-elligible customers like me will be paying serious dough for excellence.
    I was referencing the person's post. It was just a number not actual fact. Notice it says IF Verizon has it at $499...We were talking about Best Buy's inflated prices.
    11-14-08 11:50 AM
    That's good to know; otherwise, I can't see how anyone would ever buy a phone there.

-SR-
    I think Best Buy will get some business due to the 18 months, no interest financing offer they have on the Storm. They will be able to pick up those people who can't go drop $500 or so at Verizon.
    11-14-08 12:09 PM
    They're talking about the actual MSRP of the phone without a contract.. It's just speculation i'm sure. I asked a VZW rep last night and he guessed between 4-500 so we'lll see
    11-14-08 12:59 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD