I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with using their storms on 3G ?

If I put the vodafone sim in the storm I just about get 1 bar signal strength and pretty soon'ish it then goes onto 2G with FULL Bars. If I change the network settings to 3G Only, it will have a 1 bar 3G signal or switch to SOS (no signal). Vodafone have confirmed I should have full Vodafone 3G coverage where I live.

The confusing thing is if I put this same chip in another phone (Nokia E51) I get FULL 3G Signal + I can browse the web at lovely HSDPA speeds.

Ready to get confused further ...... I've tried 3 different Storms and they have the same problem !!!!!!

To check things further I tried a different Vodafone SIM in the Nokia E51 and I get FULL BARS AGAIN.According to Voda they have not heard of anyone having 3G Signal strength issues, but for god's sake ..... 3 different storms !!!!
    Last edited by Ash_786; 11-27-08 at 07:33 AM.
    11-27-08 07:24 AM
    Well from what I know the storm only has the 2100 band for 3g.... Pretty dumb on rim's part since the bold is either triband or quadband 3g..I can't remember which one. If 2100 is the only band that vodafone uses then its odd. But they might have more one band with 2100 being the weaker one. I don't know much about vodafone but I know with lots of other carriers. They use more than one band and one may be stronger than the other or the area u may be in may only have one band.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 07:35 AM
    Just me in the whole uk then !
    11-27-08 02:38 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the UK doesn't run off of 2100 right?
    11-27-08 03:02 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the UK doesn't run off of 2100 right?
    I will correct you. 3G /HSDPA runs off 2100Mhz. I'm shocked that its only me that had this problem.

Anyone from the UK have anything to add ?
    11-27-08 03:10 PM
    Just me in the whole uk then !
    Ash - trust me you aren't the only one in the UK. There are a lot of Storm users with a lousy 3G signal in the Uk.

This is my first post here so I can put a link up, but am sure you can figure it out.

It's a long thread but go here forum.vodafone dot co dot uk /index.php?showtopic=11278

and have a read.
    11-27-08 03:13 PM
    No Ash its not just you. 2 weeks on and mostly my Storm is on 2G. It goes into 3G occassionally and when it does it at home I get 1 bar, but it only stays there briefly. I get 3G outside but indoors its mostly 2G.

11-27-08 03:14 PM
    Ash - trust me you aren't the only one in the UK. There are a lot of Storm users with a lousy 3G signal in the Uk.

This is my first post here so I can put a link up, but am sure you can figure it out.

It's a long thread but go here forum.vodafone dot co dot uk /index.php?showtopic=11278

and have a read.

38 Pages ..... I've read a few pages, but nothing in particular to 3G signal strength. Do you know which pages make good reading ?

No Ash its not just you. 2 weeks on and mostly my Storm is on 2G. It goes into 3G occassionally and when it does it at home I get 1 bar, but it only stays there briefly. I get 3G outside but indoors its mostly 2G.

When I spoke to Voda they made it out that they had never heard of this problem.
    11-27-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD