When I look up the technical specs on Verizon Wireless it (Blackberry Storm) states that it has:
    3G Modem Support
    -Tethered via USB
    -Untethered via Bluetooth (DUN)

My understanding is that Verizon was moving towards a new network where the phone itself would run on 3G speeds and be considerably faster loading html emails and web browsing than my curve. Verizon Wireless is leading me to believe you can reach those speeds but only when tethering it to a laptop as a modem. Am I wrong? Does the Storm run on 3G?

TIA!
    11-18-08 01:54 PM
    The storm does run on Verizon's 3G network, that feature you cited was stating that you could use the storm as a modem for other wireless devices (which would run at the network's 3G speeds)
    11-18-08 02:04 PM
    I think your confusion is between EVDO (3g) and EVDO RevA (like 3.5g). The Storm is going to be the first BB on VZW to support EVDO Rev A which is VERY fast in comparison to standard EVDO.
    11-18-08 02:38 PM
    thats just saying it will work as a modem at 3g speeds hookedup to the computer.

for non modem uses... i.e. internet and phonecalls on the hand set, its on the 3g network
    11-18-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD