I, and from what I have seen many others, would like to see a comparison of the two. There are the hardware upgrades everybody knows about (memory, screen, wifi, etc.) and a slightly different OS, but for anybody who has the Storm with OS .328 and upgrades to the Storm2 on release day will you please do a real feel, real world comparison/impressions of these two specific devices?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I wanted to start this thread so it is easily search-able and in one area so people can follow it.
    10-27-09 01:32 PM
    Bump. The real question everyone (and by that I mean me) is waiting to hear. Is anybody able to compare the two yet?
    10-28-09 10:38 AM
    Bump. I want to hear about this, too!
    10-28-09 11:22 AM
    Storm 2 feels a lot more responsive and quicker.

The animations don't lag or anything like that. Everything just sort of works the way it should on the Storm 2.

It's not a huge difference between the two OS's and devices but the Storm 2 has my vote no questions asked.

Not to mention the typing is so much better and the device feels to much better in the hand
    10-28-09 11:24 AM
    I just heard a roomer that ver 5.0 will be recalled.
    10-28-09 11:28 AM
    I just heard a roomer that ver 5.0 will be recalled.
    A rumor is just that....
    10-28-09 11:31 AM
    Some say the browser on the S1 is faster than the S2's,( 3g not wifi) can anyone confirm?
    10-28-09 11:36 AM
    Some say the browser on the S1 is faster than the S2's,( 3g not wifi) can anyone confirm?
    I seemed to notice that the browser got bogged down a bit in .328 on my storm 1. I don't know if it's the 5.0 OS or what. For all I know it could all be in my head.
    10-28-09 11:41 AM
    Disclaimer: I only spent 35 minutes in the store playing with it, so take this with a grain of salt.

1) Browser to me seemed a good deal faster than the browser in .328

2) Typing was clearly more accurate/faster (even though I didn't like the feel of it).

3) Handheld felt thinner in the hand. It is one solid cohesive unit.

4) Speaker had better sound than mine. Clearer, richer, etc. It is hard to believe only speaker location (which has been changed) can account for that.

5) Camera is lightening fast, even compared to the camera in .328

6) 3G strangely did not hold the signal nearly as well as my .328 unit right next to it.

7) Speed I found my .328 to be slightly faster than the Storm2 as far as the accelerometer and selecting different menu options, but the programs themselves opened slightly faster on the Storm2 (Browser, media apps, camera).

8) Overall The Storm on .328 and Storm2 are identical. I personally felt like the typing on the Storm2 was mushy. It reminded me of my first Storm whose click screen didn't click and rebound well. There is not as much play in the screen on Storm2. I didn't sense a click as I do on my Storm, I could just vaguely hear it. The screen bent in a little, but the tactile feedback compared to MY Storm was poor to nonexistent.

The End I can't believe that I feel this way, but I feel no reason to upgrade. I don't need wifi or increased memory and I personally don't like the new sure press on Storm2 nearly as much as the click-able screen on my original. This will have to be a personal decision for each Storm owner. I am so discouraged that I am not more excited about the phone.
    I think if you're an original Storm owner thinking about upgrading and you don't care about wifi than upgrade to .328 and you will have the same product for free!
    I will spend some more time with it to see if my opinion changes, but it really is the same phone (when Storm is running .328).

I would love for someone else that has a well functioning Storm that they have enjoyed over the last year - running on .328 - comment on what they think of the Storm2. I would be shocked if they came away excited.
    10-28-09 04:20 PM
    I would have to agree with u descon... I went to purchase the storm 2 and did not. Turns out my storm 1 was noticeably faster than the storm 2. Overall app selection was damn near equivalent. It looked sleek and appealing to the eye but I I thought about it and realized it was not worth the change. I didn't use the browser but did try typing which despite everyone stating how accurate it was I still made errors. I realized the dual button touching is nifty but. I don't press two buttons down at any time while typing so it was useless to me. The overall feel was not good imo. I understand the muddy feeling people have been mentioning. It doesn't feel right and leaves me wondering if I did in fact press the right key. Overall experience is its a cool phone but is nearly identical with my storm 1 so why upgrade when my phone is at its best. I plan on waiting to see what other phones may come out. Afterall we had the storm 1 and less than a year later a new one hit the market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 07:09 PM
    I will be getting mine tomorrow and I will compare it to my storm 1. Im one of the storm1 owners that hasnt really had any issues with my storm1 but need the wifi because of the signal at my house.
    10-28-09 07:32 PM
    From the few minutes that I spent with the Storm2 this afternoon, I would have to admit the click was very different from the original Storm, but I think that's why one would be able to type faster and a little more accurate. But since the 5.0 upgrade, I'm enjoying the Storm again. Also, to me the camera on the Storm2 seemed to be slower than the Storm with the 5.0 upgrade (probably a bad/slow Storm2)...
    10-28-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD