It was a pain on Storm 1 but I love the screen on the Storm 2. I had a Pre Plus for a month and actually missed the Surepress, 1 of the many reasons I switched back to my Storm 2. A little further refinement of Surepress wouldn't hurt but the only thing I would like to see in Storm 3 is CPU power to rival the Android phones. I love the form factor and Screen, give me Blackberry 6 and more power without a battery hit and I'd be in heaven.
    05-15-10 09:05 AM
    really??? Surepress is the REASON I like the Storm2--that, along with the bright/colorful screen and BBM. I can't stand typing on a touch screen that has no feedback. And don't say there are other phones with haptic feedback. IMO, they all SUCK.
    I feel exactly the same way. After you have owned a storm2 for a while, try typing a text on a droid or iphone. Then tell me its just a "gimmick".
    05-15-10 11:26 AM
    I feel exactly the same way. After you have owned a storm2 for a while, try typing a text on a droid or iphone. Then tell me its just a "gimmick".
    Exactly correct, but people will defend their choice of virtual screen technologies even though surepress is the best. RIM detractors will always downplay RIM innovations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 11:53 AM
    I call it like I see it and can recognize areas of weakness for my storm2 but surepress is definately a strength. I am convinced that people who own a droids or iphones would opt for surepress if there were given the chance to get accustomed to it.
    05-16-10 01:50 PM
    I call it like I see it and can recognize areas of weakness for my storm2 but surepress is definately a strength. I am convinced that people who own a droids or iphones would opt for surepress if there were given the chance to get accustomed to it.
    I agree...my best friend loves his iPhone but thinks the SurePress is slick and wants it on his phone. Not just the sound, but the actual "feel" of the screen depressing and clicking.

It doesn't make sense for RIM to make a non-SurePress screen on Storm...isn't this the whole "competitive advantage" over the iPhone (newbie question)? An option to turn it off might be interesting though...
    05-16-10 03:02 PM
    I agree...my best friend loves his iPhone but thinks the SurePress is slick and wants it on his phone. Not just the sound, but the actual "feel" of the screen depressing and clicking.

It doesn't make sense for RIM to make a non-SurePress screen on Storm...isn't this the whole "competitive advantage" over the iPhone (newbie question)? An option to turn it off might be interesting though...
    I can see advantages to being able to SELECTIVELY turn off the clicky noise of the Storms (either because one doesn't like it at all, but otherwise wants a touchscreen BB, or when one wants to use the phone where quietness is a necessity). Having said that, if RIM were to abandon the Surepress technology in the next touchscreen device, they'll probably have to count me out, as that's one the TOP reasons I like the Storms.
    05-16-10 04:37 PM
    I can see advantages to being able to SELECTIVELY turn off the clicky noise of the Storms (either because one doesn't like it at all, but otherwise wants a touchscreen BB, or when one wants to use the phone where quietness is a necessity). Having said that, if RIM were to abandon the Surepress technology in the next touchscreen device, they'll probably have to count me out, as that's one the TOP reasons I like the Storms.
    Exactly. I would HATE to see surepress go BUT having the option to turn it off when, like you said, being quiet is a necessity, would be a 2 in 1 advantage. RIM would have both touchscreen technologies on one device. To me that sounds pretty unique.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 05:54 PM
    This is the exact reason why I got rid of my Droid and got the BB Storm 2 instead--the texting! I hated Droid for that.
    05-16-10 08:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD