Last night I was a little bored so I kind of wanted to see what rumors were floating around for blackberry. I searched on google for the Storm 3 and prepared to see "Is the slider really the storm 3?" blogs, which is what most thought when the slider was first leaked. Instead I saw a few links that said something like "Storm 3 coming out in Q3 or Q4 with enhanced Surepress, Storm 4 in 2011?". These blogs were all posted yesterday from different sites. I'm not saying this is going to happen or start a conspiracy. In actuality, I highly doubt it. Although it would be a great opportunity for RIM to show that they can get things done while multitasking with Blackberry 6 and new devices. If I could have anything implemented in the S3, I would agree with Steve Jobs and ask that Flash to not be supported. If you go to youtube.com on a PC, watch a video (any video) and then go to youtube.com/html5, opt in and watch the same video again..I think most people would choose the HTML5 version. Also, what if there was an option to turn surepress off and on, like a stealth or silent mode, would you go for that? What do you think about the blogs posting this and what would you like to see?

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/05/11/blackberry-storm-3-launching-q4-with-revamped-surepress-storm-4-in-2011.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 05:19 PM
    I want an S3 too but I'm not going to get excited yet.

They have been behind on all their release dates before so "Q3 or Q4" = not at all this year. They are more conserned with taking the same phones and slapping a different colored case on it and giving it lots of fanfare.

05-14-10 05:28 PM
    I want an S3 too but I'm not going to get excited yet.

They have been behind on all their release dates before so "Q3 or Q4" = not at all this year. They are more conserned with taking the same phones and slapping a different colored case on it and giving it lots of fanfare.

A lot of people were saying that early on about the S2, but sure enough it dropped a year after the S1.

I'm not saying RIM hasn't been behind the 8-ball in the past, but a Q3/Q4 launch of an S3 would makes complete sense.
    05-14-10 05:31 PM
    Give people the option top turn surepress off and it will die a slow, agonizing death. Surepress is a gimmick, nothing more.
    05-14-10 05:37 PM
    Give people the option top turn surepress off and it will die a slow, agonizing death. Surepress is a gimmick, nothing more.
    really??? Surepress is the REASON I like the Storm2--that, along with the bright/colorful screen and BBM. I can't stand typing on a touch screen that has no feedback. And don't say there are other phones with haptic feedback. IMO, they all SUCK.
    05-14-10 05:45 PM
    I actually couldn't disagree with you more. I personally love SurePress.

Power windows in an automobile were a "gimmick" at one point in time.
    05-14-10 05:50 PM

Well I like the surepress BUT it would be nice to turn it off when you're in class trying not to disrupt the professor in a quiet room when you can easily hear click after click. What if RIM introduced a silent mode where the screen was still pressable like a button but had no sound? For me, I would like it to have an option so surepress itself could be turned off where there is no surepress involved, much like every other touchscreen. I've seen some iPhone users liking the surepress and somehow they have taken the Storm 2 clicking sound and put that on their Apple device. Maybe it comes down to people wanting certain features from other devices implemented on theirs.

05-14-10 05:54 PM
    rule 3...dont feed the stupid trolls
    05-14-10 05:58 PM
    HTML5 will end up being entirely controlled and licensed by Apple. It is not open source. Aplle has patents pending all over the audio and video portions of the code and DRM will be highly prevalent. NO THANKS!!! Between Adobe and Apple I choose Adobe. Apple is the most closed POS DRM loving company.

Here read this:HTML5 canvas proprietary Apple technology? | BlixtSystems
    05-14-10 06:00 PM
    Then how do you cross the bridge?
    05-14-10 06:03 PM
    shotgun blasts to head
    05-14-10 06:07 PM
    Well I like the surepress BUT it would be nice to turn it off when you're in class trying not to disrupt the professor in a quiet room when you can easily hear click after click. What if RIM introduced a silent mode where the screen was still pressable like a button but had no sound? For me, I would like it to have an option so surepress itself could be turned off where there is no surepress involved, much like every other touchscreen. I've seen some iPhone users liking the surepress and somehow they have taken the Storm 2 clicking sound and put that on their Apple device. Maybe it comes down to people wanting certain features from other devices implemented on theirs.

How could they introduce a silent mode when the click is mechanical? Iphone users puting the sound proves that surepress is gimmicky.
    05-14-10 06:09 PM
    HTML5 will end up being entirely controlled and licensed by Apple. It is not open source. Aplle has patents pending all over the audio and video portions of the code and DRM will be highly prevalent. NO THANKS!!! Between Adobe and Apple I choose Adobe. Apple is the most closed POS DRM loving company.

Apple is not the creator of HTML5 nor do they own HTML5. Apple does not own Google and Google endorses it. Adobe itself uses the video codec that Apple says is needed for HTML5 (h.264). There are too many security risks in Flash and not to mention, its slow compared to HTML5. I, myself hate the loading process and the waste of time that comes with it. I think if Adobe backed HTML5 and Apple didn't, you would get the same reaction. People against Apple.

05-14-10 06:19 PM
    Apple is not the creator of HTML5 nor do they own HTML5. Apple does not own Google and Google endorses it. Adobe itself uses the video codec that Apple says is needed for HTML5 (h.264). There are too many security risks in Flash and not to mention, its slow compared to HTML5. I, myself hate the loading process and the waste of time that comes with it. I think if Adobe backed HTML5 and Apple didn't, you would get the same reaction. People against Apple.

Parts - important parts of what HTML5 will need to function:
    HTML5 canvas proprietary Apple technology? | BlixtSystems
    05-14-10 06:26 PM
    Parts - important parts of what HTML5 will need to function:
    HTML5 canvas proprietary Apple technology? | BlixtSystems
    The canvas element? What about it? I'm not sure if you totally understand html5. In all truth, canvas is a great element. Did you know that SVG is also supported in HTML5, which Adobe uses? Like I said before, Apple is behind h.264 100% which Adobe also uses. But between the canvas element and SVG, canvas is obviously better and that every latest browser supports except of course IE8.

05-14-10 06:56 PM
    Macbook Pro trackpad = Surepress....& everyone seems 2 love that. #imjussayin. I think the separation btwn selection & confirmation is excellent....so I believe if implemented correctly & with continued improvement(S1-S2) surepress won't go anywhere. If anything others will adopt it. But i'm jus some guy...wat do i know..
    05-14-10 07:01 PM
    Iphone users puting the sound proves that surepress is gimmicky.
    I can't make heads or tails out of your statement. What were you TRYING to say??
    05-14-10 07:48 PM
    I can't make heads or tails out of your statement. What were you TRYING to say??
    He's saying that the Surepress click is a gimmick since iPhone users are adding that to their device.

05-14-10 07:51 PM

05-14-10 08:29 PM
    He's saying that the Surepress click is a gimmick since iPhone users are adding that to their device.

I must have missed a press release, so please humor me and explain briefly what they are adding to their "device". thx!
    05-14-10 09:36 PM
    I must have missed a press release, so please humor me and explain briefly what they are adding to their "device". thx!
    theres probably an app for that.
    05-14-10 10:11 PM
    What? It isn't an official apple release.

This is what I'm talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=aUZg3GhYMKU

05-14-10 10:14 PM

How about you pay attention to the class instead?

05-14-10 10:18 PM
    Macbook Pro trackpad = Surepress....& everyone seems 2 love that. #imjussayin. I think the separation btwn selection & confirmation is excellent....so I believe if implemented correctly & with continued improvement(S1-S2) surepress won't go anywhere. If anything others will adopt it. But i'm jus some guy...wat do i know..
    Exactly! Surepress is here to stay, and I'm thankful for it.

If people don't like sure press, there's other phones they can choose from.
    05-14-10 10:41 PM
    really??? Surepress is the REASON I like the Storm2--that, along with the bright/colorful screen and BBM. I can't stand typing on a touch screen that has no feedback. And don't say there are other phones with haptic feedback. IMO, they all SUCK.
    Cha-ching.

05-14-10 11:02 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD