Hi
    I currently have HTC desire but used to have a bold. I'm thinking of going to a storm 2 as I am fed up with poor battery life - charging it twice a day - and messages not sending properly. Most of the apps I use are on blackberry too e.g. kindle and eBay. I am wondering how bad the browsing on the storm 2 is. I know the stock browser can be slow but what about bolt or opera? I use internet over WiFi a lot so the speed on WiFi would be important.
    Jonathon
    07-30-10 09:08 AM
    Honestly - Browsing isn't bad but I'd say to make sure you go to a store and check one out. I tell all of my clients before they buy a phone to go to a Verizon LIVE store and check out a live phone to see how it is.

Itll be cheap whatever you get since Verizon is giving BlackBerrys the **** bucket
    07-30-10 09:11 AM
    Hi
    I am actually in the UK and would be buying one to use on t mobile
    Jonathon
    07-30-10 09:23 AM
    I think the S2 is an awesome phone. For me, the best browser is Opera Mini...much, much faster.
    07-30-10 10:10 AM
    I would 100% NOT get a Storm2. The phone work just fine, but its about to be phased out and there will be multiple new devices launched within the next 6-8 months. The slider looks to be a great option as it has the touchscreen and a keyboard. Also, the Storm3 is supposedly being worked on too
    07-30-10 10:37 AM
    I have Storm2 on Tmobile USA. I just got an HTC HD2 and am selling it and staying with my Storm2.

If you are hooked up to wi-fi then your browsing will be about the same speed as the HTC. Browsing on wi-fi is much faster for sure. I use both stock browser and Opera. There are pros and cons to each one. Just depends on preference.

My HTC has some cool features, but my BB is so much more user friendly and remains my trusty friend.
    07-30-10 10:42 AM
    Hi,
    I love my storm 2. For me here in usa on verizon browser speed depends on location, good 3g service is great, always fast on wifi. I still think bb rules when it comes to email platform. Which is very important to me having two websites with four emails attached to the domain names.
    Now as far as new devices coming out that will handle os 6 better. That is a consideration.
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 11:27 AM
    Honestly - Browsing isn't bad but I'd say to make sure you go to a store and check one out. I tell all of my clients before they buy a phone to go to a Verizon LIVE store and check out a live phone to see how it is.

Itll be cheap whatever you get since Verizon is giving BlackBerrys the **** bucket
    If you're going to get it you better hurry before they are out of stock. It's being discontinued all over the world already. The only ones you can get are the ones still on the shelf. Even those might be refurbs in some cases.

Might be better off waiting a couple more months and getting S3 or 9800 with OS6
    07-30-10 11:32 AM
    I too have storm 2 and i love it. I used to have issues like screen getting real tight but i monitored it and it usually happened when the battery was going low other than that the storm 2 is a great phone to have regardless of os 6 compatible or not.
    07-30-10 11:33 AM
    Hi
    I can upgrade from January so may be able to get the new storm then. This would just get me through till then.
    Jonathon
    07-30-10 11:37 AM
    Or you could wait 2 weeks (not sure how long with Orange) and get the 9800, it looks the same as the Storm 2 but it has a slide out QWERTY keyboard. Otherwise on what the others said, you'll be getting a phone that's no longer supported.

I have hopes for an improved Storm 3 or Storm 2 refresh, I've used a Storm 2 and don't like it at all compared to some of the other BB's, the 9800 is looking snappy so far.
    Last edited by sookster54; 07-30-10 at 11:52 AM.
    07-30-10 11:50 AM
    No, skip the Storm2.
    07-30-10 11:53 AM
    Or you could wait 2 weeks (not sure how long with Orange) and get the 9800, it looks the same as the Storm 2 but it has a slide out QWERTY keyboard. Otherwise on what the others said, you'll be getting a phone that's no longer supported.

I have hopes for an improved Storm 3 or Storm 2 refresh, I've used a Storm 2 and don't like it at all compared to some of the other BB's, the 9800 is looking snappy so far.
    The 9800 looks to be a good phone, I just don't like the whole "slider" concept. Seems outdated and overdone, but for those that want the best of both worlds it could be a done deal.
    07-30-10 11:58 AM
    The storm2 is a solid device, but if I were in the market for a new touch screen device I would def skip the storm right now....It just doesn't compare to the iphone4 or the droid devices....

07-30-10 12:00 PM
    If you ask me? Its worth getting a 2nd hand one at 100-150USD. Never pay extra $ for S2.

End of day, a phone is worth only when you think its worth. wahahaha.

A suggestion. My friend just bought the Iphone4G yesterday official launch in my country. Here the iphone4 is sold between 300+ to 600+ SGD depend if you get the contract with dataplan or without.

What he doing? He is going to sell it away!!!! wahahah. Sell an unlock IP4 to phone exporter will fetch him about 1200 at least.

So he will have cash on hand minus the initial payment = 900 to 600 cash in his pocket.

He told me he find the droid/blackberry a better phone than iphone4 and more flexible so he is getting an almost new 2nd hand phone from states.

End of the day, the idea is that he will get his phone for free without paying a single cent. Thanks to APPLE!!!

ps...Thats what i did to get my free storm2 + extra cash for an overseas short holiday. CHEER!!!!

I don't hate steve jobs... because indirectly he gave me free bb and holiday trip. WELL DONE STEVE!
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-30-10 at 02:18 PM.
    07-30-10 02:07 PM
    It all depends on the person. I am waiting switching after 3 years of BB's . I'm switching to android (big surprise....) but all I'd say is to dive in and see what device and OS is right for you.

07-30-10 02:23 PM
    The 9800 looks to be a good phone, I just don't like the whole "slider" concept. Seems outdated and overdone, but for those that want the best of both worlds it could be a done deal.
    I personally want to see a landscape slider 9800.
    07-30-10 02:56 PM
    The Storm 2 is a great fone IMO but its being phased out. You're better off getting a Storm refresh (2.5) or waiting for the S3.

And if battery life is super important for you, you should know that touchscreens have the worst battery life. The Storm series fones definitely have the worst battery life of any BB but it may be better than some other touchscreens.
    07-30-10 09:01 PM
    I am awaiting a Droid X to be delivered from VZW to replace my Storm 2.

For me, the Storm 2 never quite cut it. Sluggish, poor internet, great email, horrible apps (overpriced and lack of choices).
    07-31-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD