Unless there is a free upgrade, or you just pay the 2 yr contract price, there is no way in **** I am buying a regular touch screen phone. The click MAKES the Storm. because without the click its just a lower end touch screen phone.

I usually do not like touch screens, but clicking the screen made it feel like a full QWERTY and I rarely hit anything on mistake.

With my iPod Touch I hit so many things wrong and the keyboard is horrid. Blackberry just needs to fix the surepress, dont get rid of the clickiness!
    05-16-09 09:03 AM
    05-16-09 09:05 AM
    I could be wrong, but I dont think we know for sure that its not "sure press" or "true press".... I believe it will end up having a clicking screen. But I guess only time will see.
    05-16-09 09:06 AM
    I have gotten use to the "click" but from what I am hearing the Storm2 will be more robust. It would of course depend on how much I liked the feel of the screen and the new input method.

I personally am a little angry that RIM hasn't done right by the 9530 owners yet. They haven't gotten their act together and provided an acceptable update in 6 months. This is kind of a slap in the face for us...I would hope there would be an incentive for those of us who would want to go to the Storm2 without paying the $400-500 pricetag.
    05-16-09 09:07 AM
    Coming out with a version two this soon suggests that version one has an inherent design flaw that is not correctable with software. RIM rushed the storm out to compete with the iPhone and it shows. I think I'll pass. The T-mobile driftwood is what is
    catching my interest at the moment.
    05-16-09 09:46 AM
    I wouldn't take it if they gave it to me free. Frankly I think RIM sucks. They either don't care or aren't able to get the original Storm to work properly. With a CEO claiming that buggy software is a "new reality"...what assurance do I have that the Storm 2 will be an improvement? I can't fathom why people unhappy with the Storm would ever think about buying another RIM product...the company does shoddy work and then has its executives claim that is the norm. It's this mentality that led to the demise of US automakers.
    05-16-09 12:18 PM
    05-16-09 12:33 PM
    I wouldn't take it if they gave it to me free. Frankly I think RIM sucks. They either don't care or aren't able to get the original Storm to work properly. With a CEO claiming that buggy software is a "new reality"...what assurance do I have that the Storm 2 will be an improvement? I can't fathom why people unhappy with the Storm would ever think about buying another RIM product...the company does shoddy work and then has its executives claim that is the norm. It's this mentality that led to the demise of US automakers.
    EXACTLY!

...(need 10 characters)
    05-16-09 12:40 PM
    unless they update the os and make it the media friendly phone that the commercials tell us the storm is. storm 1 will be my 1st and last blackberry. not paying 200 bucks again for all of the headaches
    05-16-09 01:04 PM
    Hmm, screen a lot better. I think I might give it a try.
    05-16-09 01:05 PM
    I am deffently going to buy the new storm, I love my first one and I think the storm 2 will be a much better device... I cannot wait
    05-16-09 02:04 PM
    I'll admit that the storm wasn't what I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be as smooth and fast as the iphone or more. But it kicks the crap out of my 8830. I wouldn't go back. So to me it was a step in the right direction. It may not be the best phone but to me its still an awesome phone.

I'll admit too that I was somewhat bothered that the Storm 2 might be around the corner but I'm stuck on a contract with Storm 1. But that's the way it works when it come to technology. Anyone who doesnt understand that needs to get a grip.
    No one made you buy it. Its no ones fault but your own if you didn't know what you were buying. No phone is perfect. It depends on the user. Which is why some hate it and some love it. But if the Storm 2 is a huge improvement and seems worth it, I will buy it.
    Last edited by skyys; 05-16-09 at 11:02 PM.
    05-16-09 11:00 PM
    Wow, you area obviously disgruntled. If you truly do not like the device find something you do like. Not flaming, just saying, why keep it. There are literally hundreds of devices out there that you could choose from. IT IS JUST A PHONE, don't let it get into your head.

Oh, and this mentality had very little to do with the demise of any of the US automakers. Just sayin.

I will buy one, for sure. That or a 9630. I would not want a device that was not a Blackberry.
    05-17-09 12:12 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that above the bottom keys, theres a fair amount of black space that takes up a good percentage of the screen size? Theres like an extra 1/2 inch of unused space above the bottom keys that looks unused. What's up with that?
    05-17-09 02:08 AM
    I will buy the Storm2 if:

1) It has flick scrolling. It's currently extremely annoying without it.

2) Able to support applications such as the following as examples:

I have more but I dont want to upset the bb fanboys now.
    Last edited by Stormbot; 05-17-09 at 02:25 AM.
    05-17-09 02:19 AM
    I would get the storm two if it has 5 star reviews. I rushed out to buy the first storm, now wish I wish I waited. I'm glad there adding wi-fi and I hope they revamp the os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 02:32 AM
    I wouldn't buy the Storm 2, Storm 1 is a piece of crap and since RIM can't get the software right on this one, I don't see how the 2 can be much better.

For me, the Tour is the way to go.
    05-17-09 02:42 AM
    I would. If the iphone does not come to verizon. I like everything about the storm. OS need to be fixed.
    05-17-09 10:37 AM
    Nope. Definitely not. I'm waiting for the VZW iphone. I really have no faith in the storm software getting any better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 06:39 PM
    I dont think i will, i am quite happy with the storm 1 performance right now. I might switch if it is LTE but that is about it
    05-17-09 06:49 PM
    i agree with howarmat, if there isn't any new productivity or funciton then there is no need for me to upgrade. i got the storm because it had better hardware specs than the storm. at first the OS horribly crippled the device, but with the last few builds, and even the new hybrids, my storm has now surpassed my old curve in function, form and reliability.
    05-17-09 07:02 PM
    I personally love my storm but would upgrade to the storm 2 if Verizon let me like att did with the iphone
    05-17-09 07:50 PM
    I personally love my storm but would upgrade to the storm 2 if Verizon let me like att did with the iphone
    ATT didn't make the agreement, apple did...so if we were gonna get a deal, it would be from RIM. good luck with that
    05-17-09 07:57 PM
    I think after what RIM has seen from Storm 1 and it's OS, Storm 2 will (hopefully) be a lot better
    05-18-09 04:57 PM
    I could be wrong, but I dont think we know for sure that its not "sure press" or "true press".... I believe it will end up having a clicking screen. But I guess only time will see.
    It might be a softer click is what I am guessing
    05-18-09 06:12 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD