I pulled the ol' "Storm in the washing machine" trick over the weekend. After letting it air dry for close to a day, I submerged the phone (sans battery and cover) in rice for close to 24 hours. Pulled it out and tried to fire it up but had no luck. Decided to try the battery in my wife's phone, because I was having issues with my battery prior to this, and was thrilled to see the phone light up.

Then I discovered the real problem. I am unable to fully press down on some parts of the screen, most notably the lower right corner. Therefore the phone is still pretty much inoperable even though it does have power. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or if there is even any hope?

Thanks.
    05-02-11 08:41 PM
    You're officially Screwed!
    05-02-11 09:50 PM
    If it powers up...chances are you just need a new LCD+Digitizer. You can get those on Ebay pretty cheap and they are easy to install yourself. Most come with tools.

If you disassemble the phone, you may be able to use the rice trick on the main board and other components to further dry it out if you try and replace the screen. Your other option is use insurance if you have it.
    Last edited by BB9330guy; 05-02-11 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added additional steps to help revive the phone
    Cedem likes this.
    05-02-11 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the advice BB9330guy. I disassembled the phone today and am trying the rice trick again before I decide if I want to buy a new LCD+Digitizer and a new battery.
    05-03-11 05:25 PM
    Thanks for the advice BB9330guy. I disassembled the phone today and am trying the rice trick again before I decide if I want to buy a new LCD+Digitizer and a new battery.
    Dont try anymore to power up till you do this. The rice is a miracle
    05-03-11 05:26 PM
    Cedem- I had a client bring me a Bold 9000 that he soaked with COFFEE and I was able to bring it back after taking it apart and cleaning it real good with alcohol (91% Rubbing) and the rice trick. After 2 days we had a fully functional BB 9000. We had to replace the LCD b/c there was water damage, but after that it looked and worked like new.
    05-04-11 11:14 PM
    I took a swim with my Storm2 last weekend. No luck. It is dead, dead, dead. Shame.
    05-05-11 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD