I've been using the Tour for about 6 months now and I love it!!! Lately I've been thinking of how nice it would be to have more screen real estate, which got me to thinking about the Storm 2. What is everybody's thoughts on changing from the Tour to the Storm 2? I send a lot of emails on mine and just don't know about the touch screen. Suggestions?

Thanks in advanced!
    Jordon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 08:42 PM
    That's a valid concern...I had the same worry coming from a curve. Now? I wouldn't go back...absolutely love storm2 and the screen is awesome. Good luck with your decision.

05-23-10 09:04 PM
    I had the tour and liking the storm 2 a little better. Just go into a verizon store and play with the storm 2 and go from there. The clicking screen is way better than the original storm and takes some time to adjust to it. If youre constantly sending out emails then the tour might be a better way to go.
    05-23-10 09:04 PM
    I had the Tour also and while the phone worked great, I also wanted a bigger screen. So I used the upgrade on the other phone on my account and got the Storm2. I've tried a few times to switch back to my Tour but I just cant do it. Once I got used to the touchscreen/sure press, it was a wrap. The screen alone will hook you.

The one thing I miss are the themes for the Tour. The Tour themes are way better IMO.

Good luck.
    05-23-10 09:07 PM
    Thank you all for the replies! I'm thinking that I do really like the Storm 2. Other than the bigger screen, what other advantages do you see with the S2?

Jordon
    05-23-10 09:33 PM
    I have both the tour and the storm 2, and while both devices are very nice I always find myself going back to the tour. I just returned from a 4 month trip overseas where i tool my storm 2 because of the wifi and I couldnt wait to get back so i could use my tour. The screen real estate is very nice but the tour is just much easier to use. Typing on the storm 2 takes some getting used to, and while I was pretty good at it i always had a decent amount of mistakes compared to the tour and it took me longer to type on the storm 2 as well. I was also quicker on the tour because of the homescreen short cuts. Each device is nice but at the end of the day I use my tour as my daily phone and the storm 2 occasionally.
    05-23-10 09:38 PM
    It really is what you like best. I have both. The Tour is easy to manipulate, fast and I really like it. Unfortunately, I am a touchscreen guy. I just find it much more natural to touch the screen for what I want. Both are phone are great, just decide on your preference. Good luck!
    05-23-10 11:52 PM
    I had the Tour as well and waw seriously considering going back to the Tour-- but the screen is a keeper. I send out a lot of emails and find myself using more time typing on the Storm than the Tour... but the screen is a keeper!

Each day though I'm getting better with my touch typing.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-24-10 07:21 AM
    See what I mean- excuse my typos.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-24-10 07:22 AM
    I had the tour and liking the storm 2 a little better. Just go into a verizon store and play with the storm 2 and go from there. The clicking screen is way better than the original storm and takes some time to adjust to it. If youre constantly sending out emails then the tour might be a better way to go.
    not to go off topic too much but how do you compare the s2's browsing experience compared to your other phone the Droid?

I'm curious because i currently own the tour + droid and I might consider picking up an additional s2 because imo the sure type > the Droid virt or physical keyboard.
    05-24-10 07:27 AM
    Well, after reading everybody's post, I'm thinking at this point, I might just wait to see what comes of this slider. That is the best of both worlds! Big screen, plus keyboard! I think that's the way everybody should go!!!
    05-24-10 08:38 AM
    bbui4..

From a guy who had a droid and now back with BB, I thought sure type on the BB was better than the Droid. The droid (incredible) has a sure type, but its not the same.

Just my opinion.
    05-24-10 09:21 AM
    If you are a patient individual then the S2 is just fine. It takes time to get use to it and while it does have a bigger screen the keyboard takes most of it so most times you end up seeing LESS than more. For instance, you'll see less conversation lines in BBM (especially in landscape mode) and this also goes for Text Messages as well.

I really enjoy the clicking of the screen and that's why i have one. Also, the vibrate while audibly loud is very very weak; i miss lots of calls and texts because i can't feel the phone vibrate.
    05-24-10 09:31 AM
    I own both the Tour and the Storm 2. They're both great phones, but I'm much faster on my Storm 2. What someone above said about seeing less on the screen is true. However, you can always do what I do and set the virtual keyboard to one of the convenience key to make that a non-issue.

05-24-10 10:26 AM
    I made the switch from the Tour to the Storm2 about a month ago and I'm glad I did. It was frustrating the first couple of days, getting used to typing, but now it's a breeze.
    05-24-10 11:03 AM
    I was a Curve 8330 user, purchased a second hand Storm about a year ago, and upgraded to the Storm 2 in February. Absolutely love the Storm 2 and would have a hard time going back to QWERTY phone like the Curve or Tour. There are as many opinions as their are BlackBerry users, but I like the SurePress screen and the SureType keyboard. From reading these forums and talking to other BlackBerry users, it does take some a while to get used to the Storm 2. I am not saying the Storm 2 is the best phone for everyone, but it works well for me.
    05-24-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD