Does anyone here currently own both devices or at one point has owned both? I'd like to know what you think the pros and cons are of each device over the other.
    07-21-10 02:35 PM
    the Storm can actually make phone calls.
    07-21-10 02:39 PM
    Surely this has been covered before. Search.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ip...rm-2-a-239370/
    07-21-10 02:48 PM
    Does anyone here currently own both devices or at one point has owned both? I'd like to know what you think the pros and cons are of each device over the other.
    There are lots of those comparisons on here. Most have been moved to the iPhone forum on here or in the other pages of this forum,. A quick search will help you find them
    07-21-10 02:48 PM
    the Storm can actually make phone calls.
    Yes but do note RIM don't give free bumper. Apple is giving free till end sept.
    07-21-10 03:39 PM
    Yes but do note RIM don't give free bumper. Apple is giving free till end sept.
    That's it. I'm jumping ship.
    07-21-10 04:19 PM
    What device do you currently own? What do you know about Storm 2 or iPhone 4? May be you can be a little more specific with your questions if you genuinely need help.
    07-21-10 04:33 PM
    I had a 3GS, jumped that ship briefly for a Storm 2 (Verizon), dumped that to return to AT&T's 9700 (their offer was too much to pass up), and now have an iPhone 4 and 9700. My experience with the Storm 2 was less than four weeks, but the true answer is based on how you use your phone. If you are more concerned with media, internet, and apps, iPhone is the way to go (since Storm 2 has a crappy browser and can't compete with iTunes and, more significantly, apparently won't get Blackberry OS version 6 with the new webkit browser). If you are a business user or someone who does a crazy amount of texting, or keep national/personal/professional secrets on your phone, go with the Storm 2 all the way--don't hesitate. Both are solid devices. Calling is good on both phones. I think you would bet more battery life from the iPhone, but you can switch batteries in the Storm 2.

I personally like the Storm 2 keyboard better because of the haptic feedback and, MOST SIGNIFICANTLY, autotext. iPhone's keyboard is an impassive, baleful, slate. Autocorrect is better on the iPhone, but on balance, Blackberry always has a better typing experience than just about any other phone.

If you like to tinker with settings and customizations, don't go with the iPhone. They just work precisely because Steve Jobs doesn't trust us lower primates to do much to them.

Always remember that whatever phone you get is not going to be your last phone. There will always be something better in the pipeline. Just get what suits you now and address future needs as they arise. In a year both of these phones will look like rusty nails by comparison to whatever is available then.
    07-21-10 04:46 PM
    Great response. I think you nailed this one. I especially like the last sentence.

I humbly disagree with iTunes being a plus for iPhone (I could be wrong). If you can load your music library to Storm 2 using the DM or just simply copy and paste, why do you need iTunes? Apple's iPhone success was hugely based on iTunes users that invested heavily in the music stores with iPod prior to release of iPhones. Hence it was a no-brainer to move to a phone version of iPod. For a new user, won't that be a limiting factor knowing that your music library may not leave with you when you decide to leave iOS?

By the way, the Storm 2 loudspeaker is LOUD and much better than even iPhone4. Isn't it also true that you can play more video formats on Storm 2 than you are able to do on iOS?

I had a 3GS, jumped that ship briefly for a Storm 2 (Verizon), dumped that to return to AT&T's 9700 (their offer was too much to pass up), and now have an iPhone 4 and 9700. My experience with the Storm 2 was less than four weeks, but the true answer is based on how you use your phone. If you are more concerned with media, internet, and apps, iPhone is the way to go (since Storm 2 has a crappy browser and can't compete with iTunes and, more significantly, apparently won't get Blackberry OS version 6 with the new webkit browser). If you are a business user or someone who does a crazy amount of texting, or keep national/personal/professional secrets on your phone, go with the Storm 2 all the way--don't hesitate. Both are solid devices. Calling is good on both phones. I think you would bet more battery life from the iPhone, but you can switch batteries in the Storm 2.

I personally like the Storm 2 keyboard better because of the haptic feedback and, MOST SIGNIFICANTLY, autotext. iPhone's keyboard is an impassive, baleful, slate. Autocorrect is better on the iPhone, but on balance, Blackberry always has a better typing experience than just about any other phone.

If you like to tinker with settings and customizations, don't go with the iPhone. They just work precisely because Steve Jobs doesn't trust us lower primates to do much to them.

Always remember that whatever phone you get is not going to be your last phone. There will always be something better in the pipeline. Just get what suits you now and address future needs as they arise. In a year both of these phones will look like rusty nails by comparison to whatever is available then.
    07-21-10 05:33 PM

Nice post Charlie_V

Good Luck
    07-21-10 09:24 PM
    I humbly disagree with iTunes being a plus for iPhone (I could be wrong). If you can load your music library to Storm 2 using the DM or just simply copy and paste, why do you need iTunes? Apple's iPhone success was hugely based on iTunes users that invested heavily in the music stores with iPod prior to release of iPhones. Hence it was a no-brainer to move to a phone version of iPod. For a new user, won't that be a limiting factor knowing that your music library may not leave with you when you decide to leave iOS?
    Yes, that is a very good point; another one that just occurred to me is that your music library is on a physical memory card with the Storm 2 and can be manipulated/stored/saved/protected/shared much easier than on an iPhone. I may have spoken out of school on that subject because my main listening focus is podcasts (I WILL learn Spanish one day), rather than music, and maintaining a library of podcasts isn't an issue. ITunes is a much slicker way of getting music on to the device than DM, but that may be where the convenience ends and the expense begins.

Actually, when I said "iTunes," I was really thinking of "iPod," meaning the phone app, not the computer side of the equation, and I am not sure why it came out that way. In any case, it is on the device side (picking a song, playing it, shuffling, etc.) that caused me to say that the iPhone tops the Storm 2 for media.

I do have to say that my limited music collection has NEVER been lost on switching Blackberry devices--I just move the card from one to the next--and is almost always lost on switching Apple devices.
    07-22-10 02:36 AM
    itune is crap.
    07-22-10 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD