So I'm getting ready to purchase the Storm 2 tomorrow, upgrading from an 8830. I've never had a touch screen phone before, and was wondering how durable and scratch resistent the touch surface of the Storms actually are?

Are the screens scratch resistant at all? Do they break easily? Will mine get scratched just by my car keys?

If so, what can I get to protect it?
    10-27-09 10:07 AM
    From what i have heard it is glass but dont know if its scratch resistant or not.

Best way to protect the screen is get yourself a screen protector and a case so the rest of the phone doesnt get scratched and also refrain from putting your keys in the same pocket as your phone.
    10-27-09 10:17 AM
    well i've dropped my storm twice now from about my chest height to pavement and it never cracked or chipped so I assume the storm 2 would be similar but you never know
    10-27-09 10:19 AM
    very very scratch resistant! till this day, over 7 months now I have never had a protector on my screen, and it is still flawless as day 1
    10-27-09 10:54 AM
    Well, there was a screen protector on my Storm out of the box, and I peeled that off recently and put a Zagg Invisible Shield on it and this is completely scratch proof. I've never even touched the screen without a screen protector on it, cause I'm just anal about that stuff...

But before I had my Invisible Shield, I dropped my phone while running and it had a hard case on it (shoot). That fell off and the phone got scratched to **** but no scratches on the screen. Put the invisible shield on it and dropped it yesterday. Not even a scuff.
    10-27-09 11:02 AM
    Yeah, the glass screen is going to be fairly scratch resistant. However, that will also mean that it is more susceptible to chipping/cracking when dropped as opposed to a polycarbonate screen. But hey, it is a trade off. Besides, the way the storm is constructed, I think the screen has a bit more isolation from the phone chassis than something like the iPhone.
    10-27-09 11:21 AM
    I've had mine since feb...no screen protectors and rarely used case. Dropped a few times. NO PROBLEMS...you will b fine. Go get that phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 11:27 AM
    Well, there was a screen protector on my Storm out of the box, and I peeled that off recently and put a Zagg Invisible Shield on it and this is completely scratch proof. I've never even touched the screen without a screen protector on it, cause I'm just anal about that stuff...

But before I had my Invisible Shield, I dropped my phone while running and it had a hard case on it (shoot). That fell off and the phone got scratched to **** but no scratches on the screen. Put the invisible shield on it and dropped it yesterday. Not even a scuff.
    I like keeping my electronics "new and spotless" too. Do you find that the screen protectors offer no interference with the response time of the touch screen?
    10-27-09 11:41 AM
    So I'm getting ready to purchase the Storm 2 tomorrow, upgrading from an 8830. I've never had a touch screen phone before, and was wondering how durable and scratch resistent the touch surface of the Storms actually are?

Are the screens scratch resistant at all? Do they break easily? Will mine get scratched just by my car keys?

If so, what can I get to protect it?
    Ha, I'm upgrading from my 8830 too. Dang, I've had that thing for nearly 2 years. Worked really well, strong, but so bored with it. Cheers for the Storm 2!
    10-27-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD