So im a new bb user. I had the Storm 1 for about 2 months and it was great, a little slow, but great. Then i managed to get the S2..
    Problems

-I have connected to my dads wifi, and it worked. but i cant connect to my wifi, it wants me to enter a pin into my router??? How do i do that?

- I can not find my e-mail icon for the life of me.. Simply not there..

-App World sucks.. that needs to get fixed pronto

-couple other things, but they will be worked out with in time
    10-30-09 10:35 PM
    my 8900 asked me for a pin sometimes when setting up new networks. i think if you click cancel or no, it by passes this and continues to its normal setup.
    10-30-09 10:46 PM
    Try one of the links below! They should be able to help solve your problems... Additionally, you can always search the forums by clicking "Search" at the top of your screen.

Chances are... If you have a question about a phone that has been out for longer than 2 months, someone has had your EXACT same question. So here it is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ne...-w-pix-139349/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...alltel-118654/

Good Luck!
    10-30-09 10:48 PM
    Also, as for the PIN that comes up. It is most likely the network passcode that the administrator set when they first set up the wireless network.

e
    10-30-09 10:49 PM
    i just think you dont know how to use smart phones!!!!!!!thats why its difficult....
    10-30-09 10:59 PM
    The PIN is for you to enter into your WPS-capable router. If you don't know what that is, hit cancel, enter the SSID, then enter the password for your network.

Also, the 9550 user guide is on the RIM website. Look under product documentation. Sounds like you may want to read it first.
    10-30-09 11:02 PM
    Also, try and be a bit nicer when asking your question.
    10-30-09 11:04 PM
    Looking at getting the STORM 2, what does everyone think about it?
    10-30-09 11:22 PM
    if you say the Storm2 sucks, the problem must be user error.
    10-30-09 11:22 PM
    if you say the Storm2 sucks, the problem must be user error.
    totally agree. People would rather blame the device rather than accept responsibility for the problems. Its just easier that way. Before you know it they will be on there 10th storm
    10-30-09 11:45 PM
    I dont get why people say a whole device sucks because they cant figure somethingout.....................its so SUCKY.
    10-31-09 10:10 AM
    I dont get why people say a whole device sucks because they cant figure somethingout.....................its so SUCKY.
    Exactly! What does lack of knowledge in setting up a wifi connection have to do with the quality of the phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 10:17 AM
    I had a similar problem with mt email icons not showing up when I first set up everything. A battery pull helped to solve that problem.
    Just give the phone a chance and get used to using it. Once you get used to the functions of a BB you will be hesitant to get any other type of phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 10:48 AM
    Some people lack intelligence unfortunately...
    10-31-09 10:52 AM
    I had a computer science teacher who once said, "there are no stupid computers, only stupid operators."

I sort of think this could apply to blackberries...
    10-31-09 10:55 AM
    Hey thanks everyone..
    Eunlock - thanks for the links, ill check them out, however i do have the 9550 and it hasn't been out for more than 2 months. as for the pin, i tried using my regular password and it doesn't work, i set the network up...

Jlsparks- thanks for the advice, ill give it a shot.

Moviemogul - sorry if i offended you, i will try to watch my tone.

Aisforaustin - Your right the problem is probably with my part, however i would still like to address it..

Paulwright1- If before we know it they are going to be on the 10th storm.. then that would make me think there were problems with the previous 9...

Musclemilk20- ive tried battery pulls and still no luck, i now have the e-mail notifier icon showing that i have four e-mails but i cant find the icon to enter into my account...

Dem1k- im sorry im not as intelligent with phones as you are... but shouldn't everyone be able to operate a smart phone with some sort of ease?

I have tried searching the forums for the e-mail icon problem and i have not been able to turn up anything that relates to the 9550.. as for my wifi problem.. im still lost but will do some searching around.. any help is appreciated.
    10-31-09 02:13 PM
    I've actually had the same problem with my WiFi. What I did to fix it was I got online to the BIS site and readded my PIN and IMEI number, resent service books from the site, then resent service books from my phone. After all that, it didn't ask me for my PIN again.

I'm sure I took extra steps, so if you want to simplify you can. Just letting you know what worked for me.
    10-31-09 02:27 PM
    What sucks is that kids today think they need smartphones. These forums would be so much of a better place if kids didn't get phones that they didn't know how to use. I'm in my 30's and my job requires me to have a blackberry. It still baffles me that there are so many kids out there that say "I need to get my email for school." BullS***. There is no school email that is going to HAVE to be replied to immediately.

Sorry, just ranting.
    10-31-09 02:29 PM
    What sucks is that kids today think they need smartphones. These forums would be so much of a better place if kids didn't get phones that they didn't know how to use. I'm in my 30's and my job requires me to have a blackberry. It still baffles me that there are so many kids out there that say "I need to get my email for school." BullS***. There is no school email that is going to HAVE to be replied to immediately.

Sorry, just ranting.
    Capitalism at it's best.
    10-31-09 02:36 PM
    so whats the problem with odin?..... lol if you dont know how to do some stuff it is not bb problem .... i had storm2 9550 odin for 4 hours and the different is lotttta
    10-31-09 02:44 PM
    So im a new bb user. I had the Storm 1 for about 2 months and it was great, a little slow, but great. Then i managed to get the S2..
    Problems

-I have connected to my dads wifi, and it worked. but i cant connect to my wifi, it wants me to enter a pin into my router??? How do i do that?

you have to click button on router...
    10-31-09 02:45 PM
    problems on your end does not make it storms problem.
    having a secure wireless router is smart, if your router is not password protected then anyone could be piggybacking in on it and sending spam or viruses through your connection.
    nothing wrong with app world, it works great.

Problems

10-31-09 02:49 PM
    What sucks about App World? I like it.
    Just curious what you want changed.

BTW, WELCOME TO CRACKBERRY!
    Aside from some occasional ********/whining from certain members, this is a very cool place to learn about BB!!!
    10-31-09 02:49 PM
    If you don't see your email icon then resend your service books
    10-31-09 02:51 PM
    Storm2 is awesome excpet for one thing. Bottom buttons(bb, back) freeze up. Granted it could just be a bad phone, but my gf's is doing the same thing and i see others on here with the problem as well. Its realy a pain in the *** when your in the middle of something and you cant even back out of it. Other than that the phone seems amazing
    10-31-09 03:02 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD