I have had two different Storms over the past year. I got my first one on launch and used it unlocked with AT&T. It worked perfect, didn't give me any trouble and was the best Blackberry I have used to date. I have used them all since the 8700 up to the Bold 9700 and 9650 (waiting on a Torch for personal use). I had to give up my Storm as using it with AT&T was causing too many browser problems that would cause me to have to get IT to re-sync it ever so often.

When I was given the option a couple of months ago to switch back to Verizon since my contract was up with AT&T I jumped on it. I immediately ordered a Storm 2 and it has been perfect since day one, just like my last one.

I can type so much faster on it with the suretype and I love the form factor and large screen. I know there are bad units that people get from time to time, but I really think that the Storm 2 gets somewhat of a bad rap because of user error. Granted, the Storm 1 was pretty bad (I hated mine). But I think a lot of People are expecting an iPhone type of experience and don't understand how to use surtype and don't understand how the screen click works.

I love mine and the only way I'm getting rid of it is if they release a new one with OS6 on it. Having this screen with a webkit browser would be out of this world!!
    08-18-10 07:37 AM
    Totaly agree. I love my S2 as well. Can't wait to see what the S3 brings.
    08-18-10 08:07 AM
    Yeah my S2 hasn't given me any problems. I never understood how people can go through 10 or more devices like some have claimed.
    08-18-10 08:37 AM
    Yeah my S2 hasn't given me any problems. I never understood how people can go through 10 or more devices like some have claimed.
    Exactly, I can see ONE or maybe two failed units, but several??? It just doesn't seem possible to me.
    08-18-10 08:51 AM
    Its such a great blackberry to throw out onto the highway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:03 AM
    It's good to know we have so many VZW and RIM employees on the site!
    08-18-10 09:27 AM
    Hmmmm I personally think a keyboard blackberry is still a much better blackberry

08-18-10 09:42 AM
    My problem with the Storm2 is not with the device hardware, its with the Software. It just hasn't been perfected enough. Overall its really good, I like it a lot and I am having a really hard time even considering going back to a traditional BB because I love the screen size. But I'm getting issues like lag and crazy multiple clicking when pressing the end button and occasionally when typing, etc. Drives me nuts. I'm kinda looking forward to the Storm3 especially if they are going to do away with the SurePress. Traditional touch may be the better way to go all together... Not to mentioned OS6!
    08-18-10 09:55 AM
    I really hope they have surepress on the storm3. That was one of the major sellings points for me on the storm2.
    08-18-10 10:04 AM
    I really hope they have surepress on the storm3. That was one of the major sellings points for me on the storm2.
    Alright, compromise.... Ill take Surepress so long as the OS allows it to work PERFECTLY! lol

But in all seriousness, I believe they are doing away with it from the articles I have read.
    08-18-10 10:13 AM
    when i originally bought the storm 2 i was skeptical becuase of what i heard but this phone is a complete joy to have and i have had the iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs, the blackberry bold, as well as the 9650 before trding it in for the storm 2 a couple months ago..best phone blackberry has made, cant wait to the storm 3 comes out its the only way im getting rid of this phone (and im not no verizon employee or yer lol)
    08-18-10 10:34 AM
    when i originally bought the storm 2 i was skeptical becuase of what i heard but this phone is a complete joy to have and i have had the iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs, the blackberry bold, as well as the 9650 before trding it in for the storm 2 a couple months ago..best phone blackberry has made, cant wait to the storm 3 comes out its the only way im getting rid of this phone (and im not no verizon employee or yer lol)
    What OS are you running?
    08-18-10 10:36 AM
    Agreed. I actually enjoy typing on the S2 using Surepress over typing on my Incredible. Love that click.

08-18-10 10:47 AM
    Alright, compromise.... Ill take Surepress so long as the OS allows it to work PERFECTLY! lol

But in all seriousness, I believe they are doing away with it from the articles I have read.
    In all seriousness, doing away with Surepress does away with the Storm series. I believe you are incorrect and the next Storm will indeed have Surepress. If it doesn't, I predict (not that I'm worried that Surepress will be absent) that sales to current S2 and S1 users will fall through the floor.
    08-18-10 11:16 AM
    The surepress is great but sometimes that clicking sound can become annoying to others

08-18-10 02:12 PM
    no problems what so ever with my storms . very happy with them
    waiting for the next one 3OR 4 Or 5 first come first get
    08-18-10 02:37 PM
    Froyo runs kinda choppy on a storm...
    08-18-10 03:22 PM
    Froyo runs kinda choppy on a storm...
    perhaps, but doesn't the browser at least fly?? <g>
    08-18-10 03:29 PM
    The one I ordered in October '09 is the one I have now. Love the Surepress!
    08-18-10 04:31 PM
    i just wish the surepress PRESSED but without CLICKING! I'm sure many would agree with me here...
    08-18-10 10:39 PM
    Try to imagine RIM load an OS on storm that give u an option to turn off/on sure press as and when u like!

08-18-10 10:58 PM

Sal's site says the Storm3 will have a new input mechanism, but he doesn't know what yet...

My guess? Still surepress with the option to turn it off and make the storm3 into a traditional touch screen if the user should want to do so. I love surepress personally, and I agree with OP...I love my storm...Couldn't do without the full screen experience for 2 seconds if I had to. It's hard for me to use friends BB's (9700, 9000, 9650, 8330, 8530...) doesn't matter what it is...I always love picking up my storm2, RIM hit it perfectly for me on this phone...
    08-18-10 11:16 PM
    I am interested in how the "other" smartphones work, but with a nice fast hybrid and a cool smooth theme...I'm lovin my s2. no fancy pretty frills...a nice reliable phone.
    08-19-10 06:14 AM
    I am interested in how the "other" smartphones work, but with a nice fast hybrid and a cool smooth theme...I'm lovin my s2. no fancy pretty frills...a nice reliable phone.
    All you have to do is checkout the thread concerning showing us your Storm...there are so many beautiful themes/icons/apps to customize your phone and I just don't see that with any iPhone or Android screens.
    08-19-10 06:39 AM
    We were going to a work luncheon the other day and the boss forgot to call ahead for reservations. She has an iPhone and I have the Storm2 and another person has a BB Curve. In our lobby all three of us tried to search for the restaurant's phone number to call...my S2 and the Curve had the number up as our boss said, "damn, my browser won't work in this building, just call for me and tell them!" This was in the heart of Pittsburgh in the USX (old USS Steel building) and reception in the building is a challenge for all the iPhone users (and there is a lot), but we BB people can get on all the time. So the iPhone is so much better than my S2; I don't think so!
    08-19-10 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD