I have heard of a lot of people saying something about storm 1 owners should be upgraded to storm 2 because of this and that....
    Let's face it people, If i had an HDTV that doesnt work, the manufacturer will replace it with the same model and NOT the better higher end model. People are asking for storm 1 upgrade to storm 2 because it simply isnt up to their standards or not working or this feature isnt good or it crashes. Whatever the reason is, it will be replaced by another storm 1 and not the storm 2. This is just how business is.
    I am a storm 1 owner and an iphone user. Yes iphone is by far the best touch screen device to date. But i wont discount storm 1.
    When storm 2 comes out, i will not buy it. I will be sticking to storom 1 until my contract is up and upgrade the storm 1 for the storm 3 or 4 or 5 which ever is available at that time. At this rate, there's going to be 10 storms.
    However, try to enjoy your storm 1, if you can.
    05-22-09 09:11 AM
    i second this statement
    05-22-09 09:31 AM
    Not necessarily....depends on the situation. I took a Motorola ROKR back to Alltel on an insurance claim and they didn't have any ROKR's so they gave me an LG Glimmer.

Yuk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:07 PM
    I agree except for the part about the iPhone touchscreen being the best. I'm no BB Fan-Boy (iPod touch, iPod nano, MacBook Pro, etc.) but I have trouble typing on the Apple touchscreens. I won't be "upgrading" to the Storm 2 because it doesn't have the SurePress feature.

Beyond that, you're absolutely right.
    05-22-09 12:07 PM
    I think people are upset because the Storm is so bad. Let's face it, they did not get much, if anything right with the Storm, it sucks. I will be getting whatever replacement they have to offer from Verizon as soon as it is available.
    05-22-09 05:41 PM
    I think people are upset because the Storm is so bad. Let's face it, they did not get much, if anything right with the Storm, it sucks. I will be getting whatever replacement they have to offer from Verizon as soon as it is available.
    yeh.. we know
    05-22-09 05:49 PM
    you people NEED to stop giving RIM and VZW so much damn slack. when you buy an HDTV its supposed to WORK PROPERLY OUT OF THE BOX. what aren't you people getting? i dont even know what the latest OS OFFICIAL release is, but i can tell you this, it is NOT worth the price we paid. RIM and VZW messed up with this phone, have yet to iron out all the problems and are already working on its successor. its BS.
    05-22-09 06:05 PM
    Agreed, I hate to bring up the iPhone, but I did not realize what a great device it was until the Storm came out. People have some pretty low standards around here.
    05-22-09 06:14 PM
    I have heard of a lot of people saying something about storm 1 owners should be upgraded to storm 2 because of this and that....
    Let's face it people, If i had an HDTV that doesnt work, the manufacturer will replace it with the same model and NOT the better higher end model. People are asking for storm 1 upgrade to storm 2 because it simply isnt up to their standards or not working or this feature isnt good or it crashes. Whatever the reason is, it will be replaced by another storm 1 and not the storm 2. This is just how business is.
    The Storm is a great phone regardless. As for your analogy between a Storm and HD TV, let me ask you this. What if the HDTV that they sent you did not have HD, but they promised to fix it in two months. Two months later, still not fixed. Four months later, still no fix. Six months later... No fix! Just as you felt the fix would be around the corner, the company decided to release the same type of TV, with HD fixed, and not fix your current TV?

Our Storm has potential - Look at the hardware specs... This phone would be superior in every way in comparison to other touchscreen phones. Everyone out there, who does not have leaked OS, is still in the dark with an awful OS.

I am slightly glad that the Odin will be coming out - New OS files for our Storms
    05-22-09 06:15 PM
    you people NEED to stop giving RIM and VZW so much damn slack. when you buy an HDTV its supposed to WORK PROPERLY OUT OF THE BOX. what aren't you people getting? i dont even know what the latest OS OFFICIAL release is, but i can tell you this, it is NOT worth the price we paid. RIM and VZW messed up with this phone, have yet to iron out all the problems and are already working on its successor. its BS.
    teh fack?

slack? I'm having a great time with the storm. You can keep your boxes.

Companies usually begin drawing up a successor immediately after its release. Why do i care if they want to release a new device?

I like my phone. If you don't like yours, that's unfortunate. VZW doesnt affect me. They can do what they want. My carrier has released numerous OFFICIAL updates.

You dont even know what the latest official OS is, but you know for sure it isn't worth whatever we paid for our phones (which you also don't know). You're on a serious winning streak here dude.

Dont be so bitter.
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-22-09 at 06:34 PM.
    05-22-09 06:28 PM
    I paid for a phone, whatever it may be, it should work.
    05-23-09 04:37 PM
    I am a storm 1 owner and an iphone user. Yes iphone is by far the best touch screen device to date. But i wont discount storm 1.
    When storm 2 comes out, i will not buy it. I will be sticking to storom 1 until my contract is up and upgrade the storm 1 for the storm 3 or 4 or 5 which ever is available at that time. At this rate, there's going to be 10 storms.
    I agree. For example, the car manufacturers introduce new models every year and they will tell you this year's model is the best ever. So are you going to change car every single year?!?!?!

Unlike any other consumer product, the life span of mobile devices is very very short. Introducing new model every year is inevitable and it is a natural evolution. And I think Apple has started that trend and everyone is following.

Should the Storm 1 owners upgrade to Storm 2? I don't think we should as the phone is working perfectly fine for the majority of the owners. And in my humble opinion, those people who are complaining about the Storm 1 will be the same people who are going to complain about the Storm 2. They will find something to complain about and they will never be satisfied. The neighbor's grass is always greener.
    Last edited by substring; 05-23-09 at 05:40 PM.
    05-23-09 05:37 PM
    Turns out the Storm is a development device that was dumped on unsuspecting consumers for the benefit of one entity.....VZW.

The Storm2/Odin was what was supposed to be released to the public.

They duped you poor suckers : )

In all seriousness this is what happened.

05-24-09 02:48 AM
    Well, this is the price to pay to be the first to own a brand new device.
    Lesson learned.... wait for reviews and total reviews or at least wait a year before diving into a new product.....
    05-26-09 09:37 PM
    If there was a 'thanks' button, i would hit it because i agree with you 100%.
    05-26-09 09:38 PM
    I have a gripe.
    I'm a music fanatic and I have all of my music tagged with album covers and correct tracklisting. Why is it when I listen to an album The Storm organizes the songs in alphabetical order instead of the track number the way I tagged it?
    I've had everything from a Zune to Ipod to Creative and I've never run into this problem.
    05-27-09 09:35 AM
    Agreed, I hate to bring up the iPhone, but I did not realize what a great device it was until the Storm came out. People have some pretty low standards around here.
    can you multi task on the iphone? what about push e-mails? what about BES servers? isnt that your problem RC, the BES server not working properly? well what the F good will an iphone do you if you cant use bes, multi task, or get push e-mail? worthless, so that means that your only problem is that your employer has you locked out of most of your features.
    05-27-09 09:49 AM
    I love my Storm, does everything I need it to do and more. And when the Storm 2 comes out, I'll get it too.
    05-27-09 09:51 AM
    Turns out the Storm is a development device that was dumped on unsuspecting consumers for the benefit of one entity.....VZW.

Your opinion is your opinion not fact, no company would do what you suggest and risk ruining their reputation. I agree the Storm had issues and also may not be for everyone. However your statement makes no sense from a business stand point. People rant and rave about any product available dont take the complainers around here as the fast majority when compared to the amount of devices sold.
    05-27-09 10:11 AM

They duped US? or they duped YOU?

We love our phone. We were not duped into anything. You bought a phone and hated it... going on to bash the storm in every single post since youve joined. Now THAT's productivity.... OH WAIT that's a GRUDGE it's a phone dude.

Oh and as for the development unit: no.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/od...6/#post2606436

I trust CX more than a troll like you, junior
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-27-09 at 10:29 AM.
    05-27-09 10:26 AM

05-27-09 10:34 AM
    what i would like to know if both storms are running the same OS why would u upgrade i thought people bought the first one for the click...and yes the iphone is a great touch screen but on my itouch i constantly press the wrong thing whenever i use the browser thats why i went with the click...
    05-27-09 11:06 AM
    what i would like to know if both storms are running the same OS why would u upgrade i thought people bought the first one for the click...and yes the iphone is a great touch screen but on my itouch i constantly press the wrong thing whenever i use the browser thats why i went with the click...
    Thats the same reason I prefer the clickable screen. I am sure they will have the same OS as Blackberry is trying to streamline their OSs with 5.0. I personally could careless about storm 2 im waiting for the 4g storm whenever that may be.
    05-27-09 11:29 AM
    Let's be realistic... I know when I purchased the storm, I did my research and read the reviews and as an informed consumer, I paid for the phone knowing there were shortcomings and improvements needed. For those people who bought the phone expecting it to be the perfect device to suit their needs without doing their research, it is your own fault. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY A PRODUCT! I'm perfectly happy with my storm and don't mind tweaking with it to meet my needs.
    05-27-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD