I am seeing a lot of speculation on storm 2 by July which boggles me. Is there a chance we could see the storm 2 before the tour? There is no way they will relese that close together will they? I am looking forward to both of these devices but of course the storm 2 is more interesting right now because we haven't really seen much of it.. anyone with any good knowledge. pleasee many will appreciate your wisdom if you can share.
    05-20-09 12:24 PM
    nothin i guess.. bump
    05-20-09 04:02 PM
    The people who are saying June/July release are wrong and basing it off speculation IMO. If it was that soon we would have product inventory lists leaked with it on it, we would have pics, specs, videos, theyd be up on ebay. The Storm 2 isn't even mass produced yet.

I'm predicting November.
    05-20-09 04:09 PM
    i will believe everything when i see it. an official update was supposed to come out in Feb, then end of the month, March, April, May,........and here we are still with .75 i am saying somewhere around the fall.
    05-20-09 04:35 PM
    Im thinking...

-Verizon isn't going to have a new device to directly counter the new "hero" phones from Sprint or At&t so...
    -We'll see the pearl flip within the next two weeks to help counter the
    Palm Pre
    - The Tour/Atlas will arrive in late June/ Early July to so they'll have a new flagship device, a kind of counter attack against the iphone
    - In late July/ August We'll see the arrival of the Storm 2, another "hero" phone for Verizon

I don't think we'll see the storm before the Tour, theres been a whole lot more leaks about the Tour; its even in the Verizon inventory while the storm 2 is not. This is all just a guess, pure speculation.
    05-20-09 05:34 PM

Anyone know what the BB9530 NO SIM is? Maybe that's the storm 2. By the leaked pictures you can tell it has a SIM, But since I don't know what the NO SIM is............... Just a thought.

Also This phone would still have to pass FCC. How long after is passes does it take to get into market?
    Last edited by baggyp; 05-20-09 at 06:34 PM.
    05-20-09 06:26 PM

Anyone know what the BB9530 NO SIM is? Maybe that's the storm 2.
    Whatever that is, I doubt it. The Storm 2 wouldn't be called the 9530.
    05-20-09 06:28 PM

Anyone know what the BB9530 NO SIM is? Maybe that's the storm 2. By the leaked pictures you can tell it has a SIM, But since I don't know what the NO SIM is............... Just a thought.

Also This phone would still have to pass FCC. How long after is passes does it take to get into market?
    No sim is for businesses so that employees can't take the phone outside the country with roaming fees.

(Go that from BoyGenuis comments )
    05-20-09 07:11 PM
    No sim is for businesses so that employees can't take the phone outside the country with roaming fees.

(Go that from BoyGenuis comments )
    It is for roaming, but not just for business users. Anyone, pretty much.

It can also be unlocked and used on GSM networks in the U.S.
    05-20-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD