If this has already been discussed, please someone point the way to the thread. My Storm 2 takes like 15-20 minutes to restart when I do a battery pull. I even delete ALL my text messages before I restart. Is there a quick fix to this? or a fix at all??
    05-15-10 02:06 AM
    That is not normal. I would do a backup and perform a security wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 08:45 AM
    remember though, the more apps you have, the longer the reboot time. This is regardless of text msgs or e-mails.

if you reboot a new clean device, it starts up in about a minutes time. Mine however is loaded with about 50 apps and therefore, I get the same reboot time as you do. its normal, particularly half way through where it usually stalls for some time
    05-15-10 09:50 AM
    That's insane! I have 38 apps and it takes about 5 minutes, which I already think is slow. My 9530's both booted in about 2.5 minutes with 33 apps. I don't think it should take 20 minutes no matter what.

05-15-10 10:58 AM
    well, if the rumors are correct, the Storm 3 should fix that problem
    05-15-10 11:01 AM
    That's insane. I have 56 apps and it takes mine 2:30 to reboot! Wipe your phone. Reinstall Os. Sync your phone so you have your contacts back. You'll loose your personal settings but its worth it. Lmk if that helps. I had a 9 min reboot time before. I did that and I'm down to 2:30 like I said.

05-15-10 11:46 AM
    Yeah, I'm sitting at about three and a half minutes to boot with several apps and themes installed. Rican I think you should probably try a wipe and fresh install as well. Just my opinion but that's not normal.

05-15-10 11:52 AM
    Yeah, I'm sitting at about three and a half minutes to boot with several apps and themes installed. Rican I think you should probably try a wipe and fresh install as well. Just my opinion but that's not normal.

well... just got my replacement a few days ago. so when I started messing with it, it was rebooting in like a minute or so. After I added all my apps (50+), it went up to about an 8 minute reboot time again
    05-15-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD