Why oh why RIM?
    Any thoughts?
    05-07-09 02:52 PM
    Why? I see no need for a physical keyboard.
    05-07-09 03:01 PM
    is this true? where did you hear that?
    05-07-09 03:03 PM
    I sure as h3ll hope not
    05-07-09 03:18 PM
    There WILL NOT be a sliding keyboard on the Storm 2.

It would completely take a way from everthing that makes the Storm brand innovative. Some person who's never owned a slider just decided to mention it would be cool to have on the Storm 2, and since then the rumor has been runnin more rampant than Swine Flu. A HARDWARE KEYBOARD WILL MAKE A BLACKBERRY STORM NO LONGER A BLACKBERRY STORM.

Please don't believe the hype ppl. RIM would not make an innovative device generic. LOOK AT THE SALES.
    05-07-09 03:22 PM
    A HARDWARE KEYBOARD WILL MAKE A BLACKBERRY STORM NO LONGER A BLACKBERRY STORM.

Please don't believe the hype ppl. RIM would not make an innovative device generic. LOOK AT THE SALES.
    Thank you!!
    05-07-09 03:24 PM

It would completely take a way from everthing that makes the Storm brand innovative. Some person who's never owned a slider just decided to mention it would be cool to have on the Storm 2, and since then the rumor has been runnin more rampant than Swine Flu. A HARDWARE KEYBOARD WILL MAKE A BLACKBERRY STORM NO LONGER A BLACKBERRY STORM.

preach on.....
    05-07-09 05:43 PM
    It's doubtful that they would do that, but I can honestly say that if they did it right I would prefer that. Basically it would have to be solid, well integrated, and a landscape job. They would also need to retain the virtual keyboards for those times when you don't want to pull out the big boy! I just think it would be nice for those really long emails where you want to see more of what you're typing on the screen and where you want the extra accuracy of a physical keyboard. But yeah, probably not on the Storm 2. Maybe RIM will have another device come down the line at some point though that has a slideout.
    05-07-09 05:47 PM

You can think that all you want...the storm is a touch screen and a sliding keyboard doesnt make it any less of a touch screen. from what i hear it wont be long before some bigger companies blackberry guys to get their hands on them to test out...

Trust me I hope its not true either....but if on does show up at my company with our blackberry guy(who did get a storm when it was just a rumor) ill try and snap a pic
    05-07-09 06:33 PM
    But yeah, probably not on the Storm 2. Maybe RIM will have another device come down the line at some point though that has a slideout.
    I couldn't agree with you at all until you got to that part. A Blackberry Storm is a Blackberry Storm. They're not gonna change the overall concept. As great as the Curve 8330 was, some ppl would have loved for the Curve to be a lil bigger. Now we have the Curve 8900 which added some nice features, but stuck true to what made the Curve, the Curve. It's "the smallest full QWERTY, fully functional, Blackberry on the market." That's the selling point, and consistency in that selling point will make Curve owners longtime customers (upgrading to every new Curve that comes out) and will continue to make RIM a buttload of money...THE ultimate goal! This is basic business and marketing logic.

Maybe...and i'm really going out on a limb to say maaaaaaaaaaybe, RIM will come out with a phone in the future that features a sliding keyboard. If they do it will be an entirely new phone, not the Storm. Anytime you make enough money ur gonna deliver with consistency.

Look how many loyal fans Kanye pissed off last year! lol. I personally loved 808's and Heartbreak, but i'm sure you get the point (not to insult anyone's intelligence here).
    05-07-09 06:57 PM
    I couldn't agree with you at all until you got to that part. A Blackberry Storm is a Blackberry Storm. They're not gonna change the overall concept. As great as the Curve 8330 was, some ppl would have loved for the Curve to be a lil bigger. Now we have the Curve 8900 which added some nice features, but stuck true to what made the Curve, the Curve. It's "the smallest full QWERTY, fully functional, Blackberry on the market." That's the selling point, and consistency in that selling point will make Curve owners longtime customers (upgrading to every new Curve that comes out) and will continue to make RIM a buttload of money...THE ultimate goal! This is basic business and marketing logic.

Maybe...and i'm really going out on a limb to say maaaaaaaaaaybe, RIM will come out with a phone in the future that features a sliding keyboard. If they do it will be an entirely new phone, not the Storm. Anytime you make enough money ur gonna deliver with consistency.

Look how many loyal fans Kanye pissed off last year! lol. I personally loved 808's and Heartbreak, but i'm sure you get the point (not to insult anyone's intelligence here).
    Oh no, you've gone and brought Kanye into this...lol! I think Kanye is an id1ot as a person, but even my fat old A$$ has to admit I like some of his work, especially 808's and Heartbreak.

And yeah, I don't see the keyboard happening on the Storm...just saying that I would be interested if they offered some device with one. Not if it's clunky like the G1 though.
    05-07-09 07:04 PM
    Ehhhhh?! If RIM is gonna follow the trend of a retractable keyboard, I'll be even more happier to keep my current Storm. Do people not realize the awesomeness of this piece of machinery? Why do some get all antsy about something that isn't even out yet. Enjoy the presence.. If u like something well enough in the future sell your current and upgrade. Simple, no?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 12:14 AM
    all they need to add is wifi and make the screen clicky a litter "cooler"
    05-08-09 04:54 PM
    how can you make the screen click, "cooler" make a nuke bomb sound when you press down every time? lol personally, if the current storm was updated and had an extremely solid code, I would wait till something bigger and better comes out even if rim does release a storm 2.. and yea wifi would be pretty nifty
    05-08-09 07:45 PM
    I dont like it.. slide keyboard for what?..
    05-09-09 04:24 PM
    Tactile typing.

as in can you type without looking at the screen?

Don't get me wrong I'm perfectly fine with my Storm as even with a slide out keyboard i'd still have to look at the keyset to type, but there is a segment of the market that can type effectivly without looking at the screen.

A sliding keyboard woul appeal to that market. One that wants the screen real estate of the Storm & the typing functions of a curve.
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 05-11-09 at 02:55 PM.
    05-11-09 02:50 PM
    Second to last...

/end thread.
    05-11-09 03:15 PM
    Second to last...

/end thread.

Um yea...first of all (if you wanna go off of this document) "Unconfirmed" and "Targeting Eurpean users" is right there in fine print. This could be used as evidence that the phone WON'T exist if you really wanna be honest. lol. A Storm with a sliding keyboard would destroy my love for RIM.
    05-11-09 03:31 PM
    Wait, how does an "Unconfirmed slider" end the thread? There is nothing official yet, other than them than a new buzzword - TruePress.

Given that what the Storm uses is SurePress, my guess is that they'd have a solution to some people's complaints re:typing that divides the onscreen keyboard into separate clickable areas rather than making the screen one big button.

[EDIT] Ninja'd by Shaydakiss :-)
    05-11-09 03:36 PM
    Wait, how does an "Unconfirmed slider" end the thread? There is nothing official yet, other than them than a new buzzword - TruePress.

Given that what the Storm uses is SurePress, my guess is that they'd have a solution to some people's complaints re:typing that divides the onscreen keyboard into separate clickable areas rather than making the screen one big button.

[EDIT] Ninja'd by Shaydakiss :-)
    haha. Ditto ninja...ditto. lol.
    05-11-09 03:39 PM
    i'm not sure how a sliding keyboard would 'fit' with the storm. does it slide landscape or portrait, and what happens when you want to type in the alternate orientation?

if you want buttons, that's what the rest of the blackberry line up is for.

lol @ unconfirmed and /thread. face meet pie.
    05-11-09 03:50 PM
    Um yea...first of all (if you wanna go off of this document) "Unconfirmed" and "Targeting Eurpean users" is right there in fine print. This could be used as evidence that the phone WON'T exist if you really wanna be honest. lol. A Storm with a sliding keyboard would destroy my love for RIM.
    Never said its coming...niether did I say its not. Nothing is confirmed yet, and probably wont be for a while. By the time it will be, this thread will be out dated. You wont find much more evidence of the possibility other than that....therefore the thread could be ended.
    05-11-09 04:21 PM
    Never said its coming...niether did I say its not. Nothing is confirmed yet, and probably wont be for a while. By the time it will be, this thread will be out dated. You wont find much more evidence of the possibility other than that....therefore the thread could be ended.
    ... or until another leak occurs. Backtrack all you want, but we all know what you implied by your post.
    05-11-09 04:27 PM
    Are we talking about the next G1 ?
    LOL
    05-11-09 04:41 PM
    ... or until another leak occurs. Backtrack all you want, but we all know what you implied by your post.
    We seriously think too much alike. Took the words right off of my keyboard. lol.

No need to save face now man...your intent by posting that image was quite clear, and this thread (and others like it) will stay poppin as long as some fool thinks it would be cool to turn a Blackberry into a Tmobile G1. lol.
    05-11-09 05:41 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD