05-21-09 09:27 PM
231 ... 678910
tools
    Wow we are full of ourself aren't we..................
    hey, it was a gift.
    05-18-09 07:10 PM
    shameless avatar plug
    yeah I know
    05-18-09 07:48 PM
    I hold a small hope that if for whatever reason the Storm 2 comes out before Verizon lets a RIM OS pass, all us Storm owners get at least a $50 - $100 credit (based on what you paid) towards the Storm 2.

I really don't see that happening, but we can all dream! Either way, I'm personally happy with how my Storm turned out. I haven't been plagued with any of the major issues people return theirs for. I haven't even taken off the stock screen protector yet!
    Zipster, you have my vote!
    05-18-09 07:49 PM
    Yeah. Same thing with those 2010 cars. How dare the car manufacturers do this? I mean, they're totally neglecting all the people who bought 2009 cars. The nerve of them to improve.
    05-18-09 09:41 PM
    Yeah. Same thing with those 2010 cars. How dare the car manufacturers do this? I mean, they're totally neglecting all the people who bought 2009 cars. The nerve of them to improve.

very bad example capt....

we've already established that car companies don't care about us!
    05-18-09 09:44 PM
    very bad example capt....

we've already established that car companies don't care about us!
    Ha ha ah, you've made my day.

Going to sleep, I'll be back tomorrow...
    05-18-09 10:13 PM
    I'm pretty happy on how my phone has been running. Technology is always changing so they owe us nothing. They do however owe the people that don't know about this website an official release. Its just redicilous that they haven't released anything higher than .75 when we know they have something better. Don't even care if they don't release 5.0 at this point but something higher that .75 would be much better. Alittle rant of my own

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 10:47 PM
    i dont know if anyone has said anything about this but what happens when the storm 2 doesnt support LTE? the same people who said storm 2 ripped them off but then went and bought it anyways because lets face it we are a nation of consumers will say the new blackberry storm or whatever they change the name to ripped them off again 6 months later. it is expected and thats the price you pay for having the newest and greatest. i for one am going to be holding off on storm 2 no matter how amazing it is unless it supports LTE. new technology is always just around the corner. and its a consumers market.
    05-18-09 11:12 PM
    i dont know if anyone has said anything about this but what happens when the storm 2 doesnt support LTE? the same people who said storm 2 ripped them off but then went and bought it anyways because lets face it we are a nation of consumers will say the new blackberry storm or whatever they change the name to ripped them off again 6 months later. it is expected and thats the price you pay for having the newest and greatest. i for one am going to be holding off on storm 2 no matter how amazing it is unless it supports LTE. new technology is always just around the corner. and its a consumers market.
    the "storm 2" (aka whatever those pictures were all about) is too early to be an LTE phone...they're saying its a GSM phone right now...
    05-18-09 11:23 PM
    Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

Like a car, used once you drive it off the lot. You were going to be in for a 2 yr contract no matter what phone (smart of dumb) you bought or no matter what provider you chose

We need to start a petition or something to get back at Verizon.

For what? providing a continuous stream of products better than the previous, or for selling more advanced hardware?

They owe us OG Storm owners a free or cheap upgrade to Storm 2 at a minimum.

They do not owe you anything. New cars come out every year and you do not get a free upgrade to that do you, same with TV's, PC's, and any other device. Look at clothes, **** I can't find the same jeans that I bought 3 months ago.

If you didn't have this site would you be please with your Storm?

Yep, I bought it on Jan 2nd, AFTER coming here and reading reviews. In fact my wife has one and she is happy with hers and she stays away from here.

Almost everyone here runs firmware which is UNOFFICIAL. May VOID your warentee. You mean warranty

There is debate about the warranty, some say it is just unsupported, but either way, no one is "forced" to dl any unofficial OS. That is on the user and there are plenty of warnings. In addition, the Storm owners here are a minority, no matter what we think.

Most of us have to pull the battery out or run a program that resets the phone constantly.

Speak for your self. I do not have that problem. I don't think my wife has ever had to do a battery pull.

Look at how many threads there are about memory leaks.

I may be wrong, but memory is there to be used and it will fluctuate. Also, these leaks as you call them, are more times than not caused by applications loaded on the device. Again, not a problem for every user.

The point is that its not about technology advancing. It's about a FAULTY product with little OFFICIAL support
    from Verizon.

The real fact is that technology is advancing and there are those that do not want to pay to stay on the cusp of that advancement. Refer back to the third comment and response.

*edit* One thing about any business, their primary objective is to MAKE MONEY. You may not agree but that is fact. Just like you going to work, you would not do it if you were not getting paid. They have to continue to produce goods and services that people will buy. No different for RIM. In fact, they are one of the better device manufacturers, look how many different models they have, there is a device for everyone. Quit hating RIM and change devices.
    Last edited by madphone; 05-18-09 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Additional thought
    05-18-09 11:37 PM
    Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

Like a car, used once you drive it off the lot. You were going to be in for a 2 yr contract no matter what phone (smart of dumb) you bought or no matter what provider you chose

We need to start a petition or something to get back at Verizon.

For what? providing a continuous stream of products better than the previous, or for selling more advanced hardware?

They owe us OG Storm owners a free or cheap upgrade to Storm 2 at a minimum.

They do not owe you anything. New cars come out every year and you do not get a free upgrade to that do you, same with TV's, PC's, and any other device. Look at clothes, **** I can't find the same jeans that I bought 3 months ago.

If you didn't have this site would you be please with your Storm?

Yep, I bought it on Jan 2nd, AFTER coming here and reading reviews. In fact my wife has one and she is happy with hers and she stays away from here.

Almost everyone here runs firmware which is UNOFFICIAL. May VOID your warentee. You mean warranty

There is debate about the warranty, some say it is just unsupported, but either way, no one is "forced" to dl any unofficial OS. That is on the user and there are plenty of warnings. In addition, the Storm owners here are a minority, no matter what we think.

Most of us have to pull the battery out or run a program that resets the phone constantly.

Speak for your self. I do not have that problem. I don't think my wife has ever had to do a battery pull.

Look at how many threads there are about memory leaks.

I may be wrong, but memory is there to be used and it will fluctuate. Also, these leaks as you call them, are more times than not caused by applications loaded on the device. Again, not a problem for every user.

The point is that its not about technology advancing. It's about a FAULTY product with little OFFICIAL support
    from Verizon.

The real fact is that technology is advancing and there are those that do not want to pay to stay on the cusp of that advancement. Refer back to the third comment and response.

*edit* One thing about any business, their primary objective is to MAKE MONEY. You may not agree but that is fact. Just like you going to work, you would not do it if you were not getting paid. They have to continue to produce goods and services that people will buy. No different for RIM. In fact, they are one of the better device manufacturers, look how many different models they have, there is a device for everyone. Quit hating RIM and change devices.
    I can't figure out if you are reffering to a car or the Storm. Why the **** do people keep comparing a car to a phone?

I am sure If anyone purchased a car that they had to pull the battery everyday to get it working, a refund or replacement would be immediately considered by any car company.

The Storm is sheet. Verizon and Rim do owe its customers a lot.
    For those who keep comparing the storm's update (or lack thereof) to computers and software, keep shooting yourselves in the foot. Name one computer or software that kept freezing, crashing and rebooting itself that was released by any company.

Fact is, no one knows if or when the "Storm 2" will be released. For those spineless morons who believes that the storm is perfect ...keep out of the rants and raves section and go suck on a storm.

None of us would be here this minute if the storm was doing what is supposed to...

As for Verizon and Rim, I am sure we will see how fumed owners of their first failure will be once they offically release the Storm 2.

I will be the first one to throw this piece of crap at their new Storm 2 displays.
    05-19-09 12:13 AM
    I can't figure out if you are reffering to a car or the Storm. Why the **** do people keep comparing a car to a phone?

Because it is a product produced for consumers just like any other product that is constantly evolving. And I compared it to TV's, and PC's

I am sure If anyone purchased a car that they had to pull the battery everyday to get it working, a refund or replacement would be immediately considered by any car company.

And I say again, people having this problem are in the minority. Also, if you bought it and did not like it, WHY KEEP IT? VZW gave you 30 days to move on to a different device.

For those who keep comparing the storm's update (or lack thereof) to computers and software, keep shooting yourselves in the foot. Name one computer or software that kept freezing, crashing and rebooting itself that was released by any company.

They do not owe you anything, fact is when you bought the device if it had .65 on it they replaced that with .75. There was no implied guarantee of OS upgrades. .75 is solid and works for millions of users.

Fact is, no one knows if or when the "Storm 2" will be released. For those spineless morons who believes that the storm is perfect ...keep out of the rants and raves section and go suck on a storm.

It IS going to be released, that you can take for gospel. As for being perfect, most here say that it is not. Find me one device that is perfect. There is NOT ONE. It is completely unrealistic to think that one is out there.

And as far as keeping out of R&R. You can not be serious, this section was not created for only those that want to complain. I would hope that you reconsider what you have said and edit your post. No one here is above another, and we all have access to these forums equally.

None of us would be here this minute if the storm was doing what is supposed to...

Does everything I ask it to do

As for Verizon and Rim, I am sure we will see how fumed owners of their first failure will be once they offically release the Storm 2.

And there will be many more buy the Storm 2 that did not have the first one. look at the increased sales of the iPhone after the 2nd Gen was released.

I will be the first one to throw this piece of crap at their new Storm 2 displays.

You have anger issues, and there are medical professionals and medication for that. Really, it is JUST A PHONE.
    05-19-09 11:13 AM

I agree with you. I just need to find a way to exchange my current storm for the storm 2.
    05-19-09 09:35 PM
    The first post says it all. I got so frustrated that last Friday I went to AT&T and got an iPhone . Sure I've got to pay the cancellation price, but hey... I sold my Storm for over half of what the cancellation was.

I tried before I buyed for two days and I've got to say... the Storm isn't even CLOSE to the iPhone when it comes to a smooth functioning OS. There were pros and cons on each end, but the iPhone in my opinion still blows away other touch screen devices.

I hated leaving Verizon, but they simply handled this whole thing with Storm 1 owners very poorly.

So long Verizon and RIM. We'll see if you can convince me again in a couple of years.
    05-19-09 09:45 PM
    if storm is not working right that means they have the working storm(2) fixed.does that mean that the ones like i who payed for the storm.payed for the storm (2). because i got a phone that is not working right.as for technology if we the people do not buy how good will technology be and would the cost go down.keep in mind some of the replys are sale reps. once my 2 yrs is up i will go back to sprint if they are still around.
    05-19-09 09:53 PM
    Hahaha hahaha What?

How is it any different from buying a top of the line PC only for a faster one to come out 6 months later? They don't owe you anything. You took a decision to buy a device at that time.
    its different because they gave most of us no indication upon the day of our original purchase that a new and improved device will be coming out very soon. Had they had done that, then a lot of people would buy the storm 2 and be completely satisfied with Verizon, but seeing is that its their own damn fault for not "caring for the customer" will result in a lot of pissed off customers who will leave the network and get an iPhone.
    05-19-09 10:33 PM
    I will have to say I agree with most of what's said in here. My thing is how will Verizon try to ease this over with current Storm owners?? I am still on the fence about buying the new Storm!! Why? b/c they have bullish us from the start. I want to know which Engineer agreed to put .75 out on the market? That guy needs to be fired by Donald Trump!!! So I will be doing my research on the new Storm before I purchase anything..
    05-19-09 10:48 PM
    I admit I also had problems w the first generation Storm and though it proved to be a piece of junk, my husband has been enjoying his since he purchased it. Verizon was very helpful with replacing mine 3 times before exchanging it for the curve. That being said, I would not hesitate on purchasing the Storm 2 as well as long as the customer service remains as outstanding as they were with the first generation Storm. If you did not execute your rights for an exchange within the first 30 days of purchase then the blame is completely on you. VZW just did their job in providing a product for you. It was up to you to test it within that time frame to decide if the product was right for you. You didn't do that....guess what....$&*! happens. Move on....
    Last edited by LuvCrackberry; 05-19-09 at 11:00 PM.
    05-19-09 10:57 PM
    First of all, I doubt itll be called Storm 2, itll probably be marketed as the Storm. Why are people upset that the next year model will be updated? I am glad that they may improve some features, and hopefully get a decent OS. And Id expect a new version the following year. They have to keep up with other devices, and hardware improves, so this is actually a good thing.

I dont get why some people feel like suckers, do you really expect the same hardward and os with no updates ever? How long would the Storm be competitive if they did that?

I hope the next version of Storm is better than the iPhone, or the Pre.....
    05-20-09 12:30 AM
    I don't understand how BB users have become so desensitized to the issue of OS stability. Why do we put up with having to do routine battery pulls to regain stability? How would you feel if you had to pull the battery terminals from your car every couple days for it to run well? Thank god RIM doesn't build medical devices. RIM and VZW has done their customers a disservice by pushing this crap and offering no solution but another generation of device - but its partially our fault for putting up with it.

Don't get me wrong... I love my Storm when it works. Then, when I suffer a random reboot or am forced to pull the battery it reminds me of how little they truly care about the customer. We are nothing more than BETA testers for this device.
    05-20-09 08:15 AM
    God I love this, seriously. To everyone who thinks that its because "technology is always evolving" and "you should have read the reviews and returned within 30 days" or my favorite "Verizon doesn't owe you anything," are you kidding me? Whose side are you on? AREN'T YOU ALL CONSUMERS/CUSTOMERS TOO!?!?

Why do you people keep comparing the Storm to a Dell PC? Because they're updated every 6 months...right, BUT THEY WORK ALMOST FLAWLESSLY OUT OF THE BOX, NOT THE CASE WITH THE STORM. If the Storm was so goddamn flawless why did you ever bother updating your OS? Dell wouldn't release a PC with incompatible software for the hardware (like the Storm), case in point are those little warnings you get when you're custom building one on their site. PC's dont require leaked OS's to perform the way they are supposed to, oh but our Storm does .

Technology is always evolving? Really? Thanks for that wonderful piece of insight. Only problem is that there's never been a second generation phone released 6-8 months after the original (as goes the Storm 2 release rumor). I don't think people are complaining that a new phone is coming out as much as they don't like the lack of support from VZW on the current phone.

But the new OS is coming!!! Please pass me some of that Kool-Aid, purple please. How do you know the OS is coming? Did you develop the software yourself? You're just in the know huh? Just like every other person on this site. I'm so sick of people telling me what's coming, It's been six months, when is it coming? Be patient? I paid money for my phone, MY MONEY. I want my phone to run as smooth as the advertisement. I'll believe a new OS when I see it, in the meantime people are allowed to RANT AND RAVE in the RANT AND RAVE section of this site, dont lambast someone for voicing their opinion.

Answer me this though...When you bought your Storm, were you told that you would have to support this phone by yourself via leaked OS's that VZW/RIM would not support? Oh you weren't told that? Hmmm...Yet you happily go about updating an OS when it's not your job to do so according to the contract you signed. You excuse MAJOR CORPORATIONS like VZW and RIM from any responsibility, while taking on the task of fixing a phone when you really dont have the technical expertise or resources to support it...but THEY DO, and THEY DON'T. And you're seriously wondering why people are upset? Since when are you the almighty protectors of all things holy and VZW?

Lastly, A new version was bound to come out just accept it, RIM has to evolve in order for the Storm to be competitive. So you mean to tell me that RIM who released their phone 6 months after the iPhone (because the Storm is an answer to the iPhone, dont deny that), are about to release a second version of their phone while Apple has yet to do so? Apple releases a solid phone and waits a year to improve on an already solid phone, while RIM releases a mediocre phone and HAS TO release an update 6-8 months later because their phone can't handle the software its running. So they are planning to release a new phone and have to add this all amazing new technology...wifi (the only rumored spec bump of the Storm 2), to stay competitive? The software is essentially the same as the original Storm, nothing breaking, it just "allegedly" runs smoother. They boosted the hardware because the current hardware cant run on the Storm 1, face it, they're admitting a FAIL.

Meanwhile the iPhone and others are releasing new innovative features on their phones and guess what? They have virtually none of the issues we have. When's the last time you heard an iPhone owner talking about doing a battery pull? Or dust in their display? Or the screen not working right? Or the camera being too laggy? Or their phone auto-shutting off in the middle of a call? Or their memory leaking? Or their phone going painfully slow? The list goes on people. Stop drinking that corporate Kool-Aid, I know it's good, but you have to demand some responsibility on VZW/RIM's part.

On that note, I'll say this one more time. If I could afford to buy a new phone every 6 months I would, in the meantime I'm stuck with this unsupported piece of phone they call the Storm. I'm running .141, and I still have issues. Rant done, geesh, thank God for these forums...I've found myself needing this place lately, lol .
    Last edited by Grammar Police; 05-20-09 at 08:51 AM.
    05-20-09 08:45 AM
    Meanwhile the iPhone and others are releasing new innovative features on their phones and guess what? They have virtually none of the issues we have. When's the last time you heard an iPhone owner talking about doing a battery pull? Or dust in their display? Or the screen not working right? Or the camera being too laggy? Or their phone auto-shutting off in the middle of a call? Or their memory leaking? Or their phone going painfully slow? The list goes on people. Stop drinking that corporate Kool-Aid, I know it's good, but you have to demand some responsibility on VZW/RIM's part.
    Do tell me what generation the Icrap is on? The 1st Gen had huge issues. How many Razr generations were there? Your argument doesn't hold up. Technology always evolves into something better.
    05-20-09 08:49 AM
    Do tell me what generation the Icrap is on? The 1st Gen had huge issues. How many Razr generations were there? Your argument doesn't hold up. Technology always evolves into something better.
    Huge issues? Name them, not only that, but Apple SUPPORTED THE IPHONE. Which is the crux of my argument. THE STORM HAS SEEN NO SUPPORT FROM VZW OR RIM (officially I mean and guess what? we're NOT SUPPOSED TO CROSS BREED OS's IN ORDER TO HAVE A WORKING PHONE).

How many RAZR generations were there? How many years was it before the second gen RAZR was released after the first? 2? 3? Exactly. A new version(hardware) of a phone is not neccessary when you can easily support the old version, if you feel you can stand behind it.

Technology does evolve, this is true and I'm not arguing that. My argument does hold up. Perhaps you should read a bit more carefully next time.
    05-20-09 09:36 AM
    Gen1 of the iphone did not have any issues that GP stated are issues with the storm. Except for notifications, most of the issues with iphone gen1 were resolved with subsequent software updates. Wish RIM cared as much as apple does.
    05-20-09 09:39 AM
    Technology does evolve, this is true and I'm not arguing that. My argument does hold up. Perhaps you should read a bit more carefully next time.
    Why would I care to read what you girls are posting about? All I see is whining and crying about something A)You can't fix B)Nobody cares to listen to including Verizon and RIM. Boo ******* hoo, get the sand out of your ginas and move on.
    05-20-09 09:47 AM
231 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD