05-21-09 09:27 PM
231 ... 23456 ...
tools
    You people are ******** as though this thing has been released already!
    Exactly there are no specs, and do people complain that car companies make revisions to cars every model year, or laptops and PC are constantly refreshed with newer models, this is all a part of ever changing technology
    05-15-09 08:05 AM
    I have had nothing but issues with mine at least they never get scratched. Well that is because I am gettin a new one ever week. The fact that vzw didn't back there product is outrageous and I find my self asking way. Is it the transistion at the end of the year. This is the worst phone of the 2008/2009 year I would be better off with windows mobile.

Has anyone had anyluck getting vzw to release a different phone
    Worst phone, sure pal, but sounds like this just isnt the phone for you try something different.
    05-15-09 08:06 AM
    This is the best news I have heard.....I am so happy I am going to start holding
    My breath right now.....do you have any inside sources that pick lotto numbers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ur in luck!! 2 15 45 55 23 according to my source first five numbers of mega millions for tom. he couldnt get the sixth number so ur on ur own with that
    05-15-09 09:44 AM
    Nuff said.

Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

We need to start a petition or something to get back at Verizon.

They owe us OG Storm owners a free or cheap upgrade to Storm 2 at a minimum.

If you didn't have this site would you be please with your Storm?

Almost everyone here runs firmware which is UNOFFICIAL. May VOID your warentee.

Most of us have to pull the battery out or run a program that resets the phone constantly.

Look at how many threads there are about memory leaks.

The point is that its not about technology advancing. It's about a FAULTY product with little OFFICIAL support
    from Verizon.
    I have said it once and will continue to say it. Did you know that Intel made the Pentium Chip before they made the 486 chip? Guess which one made it to market first? Its technology, deal with it.
    05-15-09 10:13 AM
    Are you kidding me? You're telling me if you were still on .75 you would be just fine with how the Storm is? It's only because of the constant leaks and fine tuned custom firmwares from our fellow forum members that have kept us happy with the storm.
    Im still on the original .76 (telus) and my storm is perfect to me (ohh and ive tried all the leaks), the only thing that bothers me about the storm 2 would be the fact that the buttons are the screen, I think it looks alot sleeker and I wish my storm was like that
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 05-15-09 at 10:23 AM.
    05-15-09 10:18 AM
    If this is a slap in the face, then all they need to do is pull my hair. I like it... who's going to send me one to test?
    I knew there was something we had in common.
    But in all seriousness folks; imo they will give
    us first Storm owners some love.
    A slap in the face; nah I take it to be just the
    opposite. That they are comitted to make
    this phone a prime contender.
    What would be a disappointment; if they tried
    not to improve on this thing and just let it fall by the
    wayside. Take forever too come up with something
    new. Shows me that they are constantly pushing
    the envelope. I might get the S2 for gp....
    05-15-09 10:19 AM
    Exactly there are no specs, and do people complain that car companies make revisions to cars every model year, or laptops and PC are constantly refreshed with newer models, this is all a part of ever changing technology
    I think you guys are kind of missing the OP's point. I don't think they are upset about a new Storm coming out, it's about a new Storm possibly coming out and they haven't done the correct things for the current Storm. For people using the example of the car models coming out year after year, that's not the same thing. I don't think there would be an issue if everyone felt that there Storm was working great and everything its all good. It's only because there are so many issues with the current Storm that people are a little ticked off. Not saying they are right, just saying. I don't think people should be entitled to anything, but I think VZW may do something like Apple did, by allowing users who bought Storms within a certain time frame to buy at discount price. But that all depends when the new one comes out. So I guess we'll all see.
    05-15-09 10:23 AM
    Nuff said.

Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

Most of us have to pull the battery out or run a program that resets the phone constantly.

The point is that its not about technology advancing. It's about a FAULTY product with little OFFICIAL support
    from Verizon.
    you aren't being screwed over by verizon at all and for 6 months no OS updates at all because they knew many verizon users are using leaked OS which verizon does not support. for you to get something back at verizon will not solve your problem. if you want to get warranty from verizon, go back to .75 . you know other thing , there is no way they will not give you anything about storm 2. if you want storm 2, pay full price to get it. maybe you will be happy about it who knows ??
    05-15-09 10:50 AM
    First thing with the official release of an OS that depends on your carrier. Bell and Telus have released 122 officially and Vodaphone who owns part of Verizon (if I got right) released 141.

Verizon could have release 113, 122, 131, 141 if they want too but they did not. I know people will say well they have bugs, but what software does not have a bug? Some people will say well it is going to cost money because VZW has so many storm owners. But how many storm owners are there with VZW? We don't know, but I am betting there is still smaller compared to curve owners.

In fact, I think there is a greater impact when Verizon lunches a new os for the current curve; because not only is used by BIS owners but a large number of them are in BES as their corporate cellphone.

C'mon people, we should see the the Storm 2 is a good thing since it means that RIM is still supporitng the Storm line, because if there is no new storm coming out, that is a big bold sign saying that RIM is walking away from the storm. And then we (users) are left to fend for ourselves.
    05-15-09 11:13 AM
    Nuff said.

from Verizon.

I know thats right!
    05-15-09 11:17 AM
    first of all the OP tends to make personal attacks, proving his immaturity. go read his posts on his profile, name calling and blaming. that's all it is.

1) not confirmed that VZW will be getting any "storm 2"
    2) they'll have an official OS approved and released before the storm 2 is approved and released on ANY carrier....
    3) you need to relax. NOTHING in any of our lives is so important that a picture of a new phone causes any of us to flip out and go off the deep end like this.

i quoted this so that the people who read the OP's post and immediately hit "page down" or "end" key to promptly respond without reading. i only hope it works
    05-15-09 11:48 AM
    Technology is always evolving....
    05-15-09 11:56 AM
    Are you kidding me? You're telling me if you were still on .75 you would be just fine with how the Storm is? It's only because of the constant leaks and fine tuned custom firmwares from our fellow forum members that have kept us happy with the storm.
    "happy" is a bit of an overstatement. I only remember 1 time being happy with the Storm, and that was when I took it out of the box before I even turned it on. Certainly information from this forum has made my life a bit easier during the daily battle between this "tool" and me.
    05-15-09 12:00 PM
    btw i'm still upset the OP called my phone obsolete i wonder what he made 8830 user's feel like??
    05-15-09 12:00 PM
    most people are on a 2 yr contract anyway, so by the time they are able to upgrade the storm 3 will be out...if it ends up happening.
    Haha! yep storm 1 storm 2 storm 3 storm FLOOR!!!! End of Product!
    05-15-09 08:58 PM
    bitter much?
    05-15-09 09:07 PM
    Just remember this...

The Storm 2 is not an advancement to anything. It is almost the exact same phone as the first Storm.

There were changes to the casing and screen, but the internals are more than likely the same. This would explain the reason it was able to come to the market so quickly.

Cellphones take more than a few months to develop. They can take over a year before a test device is ready. So the Storm 2 is the first Storm tweaked. Change the look of the buttons on the side, change the case a little, add a little WiFi, sprinkle in a better looking screen. Actually have it do, what it was meant to do, etc etc...

Do I think RIM and VZW did the customer wrong with the wonderful Storm we use everyday, absolutely.

Nintendo did it with the DS, DS Lite, DS 3.0 (Not sure what the new one is called).

Sony did it with PS3, 60GB, no 20GB, 40GB and 80GB, now just 80GB.

Xbox 360, not so much. They updated with the times, HDMI then 2 years later or more they brought out a 60GB regular model (The Elite was stupid), but they all have the same fuctionality. Not much changed for the 360.

Here is what I suggest, if you don't like what RIM and VZW are doing. Then don't buy a Storm 2. Don't give those companies any more of your money. That is the best way to punish them. Heck port to another carrier, get an iPhone, Pre, whatever. Go back to a Motorola Startac if you think they did you wrong.

Honestly, don't expect these big corporations to throw you a bone. They take take take, when it is time for them to do the right thing they forget that giving is even an option.
    Last edited by VoodooKaboom; 05-15-09 at 11:31 PM.
    05-15-09 11:29 PM
    RIM and Verizon marketed a phone that sold very well, even in a recession..

RIM has put out a phone that NEEDS OS updates to make it acceptable.

Leaked updates are coming out that patch up SOME problems with the phone.

Thus, RIM needs to spend more time and resources to fix their product.

Now, I wouldn't be so steamed if RIM actually fixed "Storm 1." They have not; instead of fixing the OS, they have worried about putting out a second Storm.

Why did RIM make a 2nd storm so early? As some people have mentioned, it would be as if Microsoft put out Windows 7 six months after Vista, or Vista 6 months after XP.

I agree, computers are made obsolete pretty fast. But PC's have upgradeable parts. Plus, a problem with a computer usually surrounds a certain part. Thus, the PC itself is not replaced; parts are made obsolete over time. RIM puts out a phone that is supposed to be tested, because any problem with one part of the phone RUINS the whole phone itself. One cannot simply replace that part themselves. Also, 30 days after the purchase of the phone, one has to pay 50 dollars to get a "fixed" phone.

Instead of recognizing that the phone has hardware issues that make this phone very troublesome to its vast array of users and fixing those problems for their "bamboozled" customers, they create a new phone.

The argument that PCs are made obsolete over time is not an accurate comparison. The argument that Microsoft would not put out another OS after 6 months is a close comparison. The OS itself would have to have been so troublesome that they had to quickly create a new one. Therefore, RIM's quick response to the problems allowed to be passed through testing have created an angry group of customers. As their customers, we must voice our discontent.

Those who are happy with their phones: I applaud you. You have found a phone without major problems.

To those who are unhappy with their phones: I sympathize with you. You have found a phone that has design flaws that RIM allowed to exist.

To those who are happy with their phones, but are upset over RIM's quick production of a brand new phone: You have every right to be upset; RIM's testing prior to the release of the first Storm was lackluster. They have seen their problems with the phone and have made a better attempt of creating the phone that is supposed to destroy the Iphone. Your hatred or discontent towards RIM is a little less based than those who are unhappy with your phone, but it is understandable.

To those who are unhappy with their phones not only because of hardware and software issues, but are also unhappy that their problems were not addressed by RIM: RIM HAS slapped you in the face. They have recognized MAJOR design flaws. We have been stuck with those design flaws. In the end, we didn't get out of this phone soon enough. Problems were promised to be alleviated. Our problems were temporarily fixed with simple "Macgyver" tricks and unofficial leaked OS's. Instead of a company addressing our problems and trying to make us valued customers, they have ignored us and created a BRAND NEW phone. This phone may have design flaws, but if RIM is smart, then they will create a product that has learned from the lessons of the previous product's release.

I feel scammed. I entered a 2 year contract thinking RIM would have put out an amazing product. The curve was amazing, the bold IS amazing, but the Storm is laughed at both by non-BB and BB phone users. Our phone is not up to RIM's own standards.

That doesn't mean everyone is going to hate the phone; in the beginning I had a phone that was virtually problem free. I never had restarts, my screen was perfect, and it barely ever locked up. Now that I am past my 30 day guarantee, the phone is falling apart. I have been in multiple groups of Storm users that I listed above. I can sympathize with most Storm users.
    05-15-09 11:36 PM
    sorry....

DP
    05-15-09 11:40 PM
    Can the OP please call Dell and tell them my laptop is 6 months old and I would like it upgraded to the newest model available?

Thanks, and post the shipment # here so I can track it.
    05-15-09 11:52 PM
    A single photo of a development device leaks and people get bent out of shape and freak out. *shakes head* Despite rumors we do not know for sure how long it will be until we see this device, my bet is still early/mid 2010, at the earliest.

Technology changes, people, and no VZW does not owe us anything. The phone may not be up to some people's standards but it does work and of the phones basic functions do not work for you you either have a hardware issue or you have a third party app interfering with things.

Do a battery pull daily and remove any excess apps/modules and any third party modules that may be causing interference. You can try third party apps one at a time to track down the one that is the culprit if need be. No this is not the best scenario. Ideally you would not need to do this but that is the price you pay for being an early adopter of new technology. This is not just a new BlackBerry. It is a new KIND of BlackBerry.

Once upon a time I was one of those people who was afraid to upgrade their devices. I would only do it if it was an official release from the carrier. Then I selectively started to upgrade to some official releases from other carriers or maybe just maybe if I heard good things about it. Now I don't really care anymore. I check into a particular build and if it seems that it might be better than what I am running I back things up and upgrade. If it is then I keep it until something better comes along. If not then I go back to the previous build that I found worked for me.

Those of you who are still on .75 by choice (i.e. not prevented from upgrading by IT policy or an over cautious BIS admin) really have no one else to blame. The tools and info are available to you if you choose to use them.

.75 .85 .90 .109 .132 and .141 are ALL better than .75 unless you need stereo bluetooth and that is fixed in the last couple.

The whole process of how carriers only allow you to upgrade your OS to one THEY approve is just stupid. The system needs to change and as long as we go along with it then it never will. If you don't like how your phone performs then upgrade to .132 pr .141.

Bring on the leaked OS's. Within an hour or two of their surfacing on this site you will know from other users experiences if there are any major flaws in it. Use your own judgment on weather you want to upgrade or not. Don't let Verizon or RIM have that power. If they see that everyone is doing it anyway eventually they will give up this nonsense about carrier approved OS's.

most people are on a 2 yr contract anyway, so by the time they are able to upgrade the storm 3 will be out...if it ends up happening.
    People keep getting upgrading with NE2. You do NOT have to wait for two years to avoid paying full retail for a new phone. You can do an annual update at the 12 month mark and pay the one year contract price (some nice reps will give it to you for the two year price) as long as you have a calling plan of $79.99 or higher. You just need to extend your contract another year.
    05-16-09 12:18 AM
    Shelf life of the iPhone in an AT&T store: 1 year

RIM has a proven track record of supporting their phones until the duct tape falls off (can anyone say Curve?).

What's the issue? I already said if the new Storm doesn't have Surepress, as the rumors are saying, it's no sale for me. And that's a choice made by me. Same choice availible to anyone.

Buy it. Don't buy it. Getting your knickers in a knot?

Not worth it
    05-16-09 12:21 AM
    Nuff said.

from Verizon.

HAHAHAH OG STORM OWNERS NOW THAT WAS A GOOD ONE LOLL
    05-16-09 12:29 AM
    It is pretty irritating. You do realize that they won't bother to support Storm 1, right? It's all about the new and improved Storm 2. I've come to terms with it. I half expected to get shafted like this.
    Just like how they stopped supporting the 8830 WE when the 8330 Curve came out right? . . . . NEWSFLASH -- They DIDN'T.

Verizon will continue to support the Storm until it becomes an obsolete device and we are a year and a half to two years before it reaches that point IF NOT LONGER. There WILL be an OS 5.0 for the Storm 1 just like the Tour, Bold, 8900, etc.
    05-16-09 12:30 AM
    Just remember this...

The Storm 2 is not an advancement to anything. It is almost the exact same phone as the first Storm.

There were changes to the casing and screen, but the internals are more than likely the same. This would explain the reason it was able to come to the market so quickly.

Cellphones take more than a few months to develop. They can take over a year before a test device is ready. So the Storm 2 is the first Storm tweaked. Change the look of the buttons on the side, change the case a little, add a little WiFi, sprinkle in a better looking screen. Actually have it do, what it was meant to do, etc etc...

Do I think RIM and VZW did the customer wrong with the wonderful Storm we use everyday, absolutely.

Nintendo did it with the DS, DS Lite, DS 3.0 (Not sure what the new one is called).

Sony did it with PS3, 60GB, no 20GB, 40GB and 80GB, now just 80GB.

Xbox 360, not so much. They updated with the times, HDMI then 2 years later or more they brought out a 60GB regular model (The Elite was stupid), but they all have the same fuctionality. Not much changed for the 360.

Here is what I suggest, if you don't like what RIM and VZW are doing. Then don't buy a Storm 2. Don't give those companies any more of your money. That is the best way to punish them. Heck port to another carrier, get an iPhone, Pre, whatever. Go back to a Motorola Startac if you think they did you wrong.

Honestly, don't expect these big corporations to throw you a bone. They take take take, when it is time for them to do the right thing they forget that giving is even an option.
    if you don`t like RIM or VZM have done to you, then give up BB and go join other cellphone makers where you will be happy, if not then, no need to post this message that you wanted to get back at them
    05-16-09 12:33 AM
231 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD