"Nah, It's all good, customers will be able get answers on Crackberry. Except the "Lazy" ones. And we don't need them as customers anyway. We only want to sell our product to people who get off their duffs and find a way to fix the problems. See how well they did with the business card to make it click better. Even better news, many are using business cards from iPhone retailers. It'll remind them that they have a Storm every time they do a battery pull. Hey, hows that .148 leak working out? Have our non lazy customers loaded it on yet? Have they solved the problems? It's sunny today, anyone for golf?"
    You know, this probably isn't very far from the truth. I don't think people realize that these companies need you a lot more than you need them. I don't really understand the inferiority complex that some Storm owners have towards a company like Apple or Palm either. These companies are producing solid merchandise, how could you knock an iphone by calling it the "icrap" just because its Apple branded? The Pre and iPhone are SOLID devices (Obviously I'm jumping the gun on the Pre, but I'm basing this on almost all websites reviews that originally though the Storm was crap and label the Pre as amazing).

Why do some of you refuse to hold RIM/VZW accountable for anything? The crazy thing is, I used to defend this phone. But why should I? I didn't join a cult when I bought the Storm. I bought a phone. A phone that has yet to live up to the expectations which were set up by RIM and VZW. Whatever, I'm just glad I'm not alone in thinking this is all BS.
    05-21-09 01:57 PM
    God I love this, seriously. To everyone who thinks that its because "technology is always evolving" and "you should have read the reviews and returned within 30 days" or my favorite "Verizon doesn't owe you anything," are you kidding me? Whose side are you on? AREN'T YOU ALL CONSUMERS/CUSTOMERS TOO!?!?

It's hard to jump in gung ** with other users when many of the problems reported, as far as some of our personal experiences have gone, do not exist!!!! I'm not saying that they don't exist for anyone, but for some of us, we just haven't had these problems...making it VERY hard for us to say "**** yea brother" when we dont even experience those problems.

Why do you people keep comparing the Storm to a Dell PC? Because they're updated every 6 months...right, BUT THEY WORK ALMOST FLAWLESSLY OUT OF THE BOX, NOT THE CASE WITH THE STORM. If the Storm was so goddamn flawless why did you ever bother updating your OS? Dell wouldn't release a PC with incompatible software for the hardware (like the Storm), case in point are those little warnings you get when you're custom building one on their site. PC's dont require leaked OS's to perform the way they are supposed to, oh but our Storm does .

The storm doesnt require a leaked OS for some users! Some people are perfectly happy with .75 Will everyone be? No..but i sure as **** would never ever buy a dell PC. They're trash as far as I'm concerned. (much like some people's opinion on the storm ) BUT DOES THAT MEAN THEY ARE DIFINITIVELY CONSIDERED TRASH FOR EVERYONE? NO!!!

Personally I didn't like the phone on OS .75, but that's just me. Some people hate the stock iphone and how gimped it is, so they jailbreak them.

Technology is always evolving? Really? Thanks for that wonderful piece of insight. Only problem is that there's never been a second generation phone released 6-8 months after the original (as goes the Storm 2 release rumor). I don't think people are complaining that a new phone is coming out as much as they don't like the lack of support from VZW on the current phone.
    Ok, truth there, but I'm not on verizon, so I can't speak to them particularly... it does seem however that they are slow in support and weak in customer service (telus sucks too )

But the new OS is coming!!! Please pass me some of that Kool-Aid, purple please. How do you know the OS is coming? Did you develop the software yourself? You're just in the know huh? Just like every other person on this site. I'm so sick of people telling me what's coming, It's been six months, when is it coming? Be patient? I paid money for my phone, MY MONEY. I want my phone to run as smooth as the advertisement. I'll believe a new OS when I see it, in the meantime people are allowed to RANT AND RAVE in the RANT AND RAVE section of this site, dont lambast someone for voicing their opinion.

Answer me this though...When you bought your Storm, were you told that you would have to support this phone by yourself via leaked OS's that VZW/RIM would not support? Oh you weren't told that? Hmmm...Yet you happily go about updating an OS when it's not your job to do so according to the contract you signed. You excuse MAJOR CORPORATIONS like VZW and RIM from any responsibility, while taking on the task of fixing a phone when you really dont have the technical expertise or resources to support it...but THEY DO, and THEY DON'T. And you're seriously wondering why people are upset? Since when are you the almighty protectors of all things holy and VZW?

I wasn't even told a new firmware was coming, the leaks have been a pleasant surprise.

Lastly, A new version was bound to come out just accept it, RIM has to evolve in order for the Storm to be competitive. So you mean to tell me that RIM who released their phone 6 months after the iPhone (because the Storm is an answer to the iPhone, dont deny that), are about to release a second version of their phone while Apple has yet to do so? Apple releases a solid phone and waits a year to improve on an already solid phone, while RIM releases a mediocre phone and HAS TO release an update 6-8 months later because their phone can't handle the software its running. So they are planning to release a new phone and have to add this all amazing new technology...wifi (the only rumored spec bump of the Storm 2), to stay competitive? The software is essentially the same as the original Storm, nothing breaking, it just "allegedly" runs smoother. They boosted the hardware because the current hardware cant run on the Storm 1, face it, they're admitting a FAIL.

WOA WTF? What do you call the iphone 2g? Not an iphone? Apple is set torelease their THIRD iphone. The storm's hardware is plenty capable, it's the software that is less than stellar. It's not the phone that has trouble running the software, it is poorly coded software. The boost in hardware sounds a LOT (AWFUL LOT) like apple releasing the 3g iphone after the 2g iphone was so damn slow... funny how similar this situation is right?

Meanwhile the iPhone and others are releasing new innovative features on their phones and guess what? They have virtually none of the issues we have. When's the last time you heard an iPhone owner talking about doing a battery pull? Or dust in their display? Or the screen not working right? Or the camera being too laggy? Or their phone auto-shutting off in the middle of a call? Or their memory leaking? Or their phone going painfully slow? The list goes on people. Stop drinking that corporate Kool-Aid, I know it's good, but you have to demand some responsibility on VZW/RIM's part.

Innovative new features like video recording and mms? The storm was the FIRST CLICK SCREEN PHONE! You just weren't a fan of their innovation. Some of us are. Doesn't make it less innovative because it didnt appeal to you personally. You talk like iphone users don't complain about anything. No they don't have the same issues!! THEYRE DIFFERENT DEVICES. Please understand this.

On that note, I'll say this one more time. If I could afford to buy a new phone every 6 months I would, in the meantime I'm stuck with this unsupported piece of phone they call the Storm. I'm running .141, and I still have issues. Rant done, geesh, thank God for these forums...I've found myself needing this place lately, lol .

Well that's unfortunate. You could wait and see, try to cope, or sell it. Just as with any other device in the history of technology
    I wasnt going to say anything but hey, i'll bite, but im lazy so the red is response.
    05-21-09 04:12 PM
    WOA WTF? What do you call the iphone 2g? Not an iphone? Apple is set torelease their THIRD iphone. The storm's hardware is plenty capable, it's the software that is less than stellar. It's not the phone that has trouble running the software, it is poorly coded software. The boost in hardware sounds a LOT (AWFUL LOT) like apple releasing the 3g iphone after the 2g iphone was so damn slow... funny how similar this situation is right?
    What's up man...in that paragraph I was pointing out how Apple atleast waits a year to update. I was kinda beefin' with RIM possibly releasing a new device after such a short time on the shelves. The first iPhone was June 07, the 3g was June 08, and the next one will most likely be June or July of this year. I think the fact that RIM is already set to release a new phone so soon shows how little faith they have in the first gen. Had I known that a new version of the Storm was going to come out 6-7 months later, I probably would have waited. I feel like at least a year should be standard for that sort of thing. The first gen iPhone was only slow before a quick firmware update changed all that. I blame that horrible network for slow data speeds, not the iPhone.

Innovative new features like video recording and mms? The storm was the FIRST CLICK SCREEN PHONE! You just weren't a fan of their innovation. Some of us are. Doesn't make it less innovative because it didnt appeal to you personally. You talk like iphone users don't complain about anything. No they don't have the same issues!! THEYRE DIFFERENT DEVICES. Please understand this.
    Totally understand what you're saying. And a big pat on the back to RIM for trying something new. However, just a month or so of more testing would have revealed the problems which I pointed out. They rushed a mediocre device to capitalize on holiday sales. Whether it's VZW's or RIM's fault is irrelevant because we're the ones paying for it. (Note: I don't need an economics lesson from anyone with a rebuttal, I KNOW businesses want to release products during the holidays to capitalize on sales, thanks.)

The crux of all this is that we shouldn't have to be anxiously waiting for "leaks" to have the phone work properly. The carrier/company should be doing that for us. The fact that they are releasing a replacement this soon says that even they know that certain things just can't be fixed.
    05-21-09 06:03 PM
    I am just glad I got my storm sold for a good price before they announced the 2nd one.
    05-21-09 06:10 PM
    What's up man...in that paragraph I was pointing out how Apple atleast waits a year to update. I was kinda beefin' with RIM possibly releasing a new device after such a short time on the shelves. The first iPhone was June 07, the 3g was June 08, and the next one will most likely be June or July of this year. I think the fact that RIM is already set to release a new phone so soon shows how little faith they have in the first gen. Had I known that a new version of the Storm was going to come out 6-7 months later, I probably would have waited. I feel like at least a year should be standard for that sort of thing. The first gen iPhone was only slow before a quick firmware update changed all that. I blame that horrible network for slow data speeds, not the iPhone.

Totally understand what you're saying. And a big pat on the back to RIM for trying something new. However, just a month or so of more testing would have revealed the problems which I pointed out. They rushed a mediocre device to capitalize on holiday sales. Whether it's VZW's or RIM's fault is irrelevant because we're the ones paying for it. (Note: I don't need an economics lesson from anyone with a rebuttal, I KNOW businesses want to release products during the holidays to capitalize on sales, thanks.)

The crux of all this is that we shouldn't have to be anxiously waiting for "leaks" to have the phone work properly. The carrier/company should be doing that for us. The fact that they are releasing a replacement this soon says that even they know that certain things just can't be fixed.
    sadly, such is the business world. Our phones are all (rccolins style) JANK compared to what the average user is rockin in most of asia.

Our phones are STARTING to see a turnaround similar to the auto industry (a new version every year)

Soon it will get to the same point as the computer industry (a month and your hardware is out of date and the new versions are already nationwide

it's gonna get much more rough from here on in
    05-21-09 06:11 PM
    I agree with the OP. Storm2 is a VZ/Rim acknowledgment of Storm 1's shortcomings. Storm 1 is a beta test soaked in epic kool-aid.
    05-21-09 08:27 PM
231 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD