The blackberry storm or any blackberry for that matter has no chance against the pre!

Really?

Yes, really
    awesome...goodl luck with that.
    05-16-09 04:07 PM
    See my feeling about the Storm is that it was a failure for true Blackberry fans, but for the typical lay-person who just wanted a neat touchscreen phone, it sold decently well. Those people don't need much to be happy.

The Pre will satisfy EVERYones needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 04:08 PM
    We'll see... But the Pre already has way better specs than any bb currently available. And considering my Treo did e-mail 100x better than my Curve (even thought it sucked at many other things), I'm keeping a close eye on them!

well the storm specs were better than any other blackberry out at the time, sooks and i had a discussion about "potential vs practical" and well, maybe Palm will pull the same stunt RIM did and create software restrictions preventing full use of onboard hardware...we won't know until the phones come out. just like with the storm. go read the hype that the storm had before it came out.

the press that all these phones get these days is a double edged sword. causes the masses to anticipate for a new device, potentially increasing sales, but also it gives time for speculation and unrealistic expectations. or what if the device doesn't meat the most humble of expectations like the storm did at launch?

all the hysteria over something we don't even know to be true is pretty pointless IMO...we'd be better suited working as a community to communicate our findings directly to RIM to hopefully beat VZW to the punch and get RIM going on building us a REAL OS worth releasing!
    05-16-09 04:14 PM
    True. The hype often overshadows the actual device... Except for rare instances such as the iPhone. I had high hopes for the Storm, but I also had doubts such as with surepress (fail) and the general speed of the thing (also fail). I haven't heard any such doubts over the Pre.

I think the Storm 2 looks nicer than the 1, and if they ditched Surepress and came out with a more developed OS, it has the potential to be a homerun as well - as far as Blackberries go. In the end though, its still just a Blackberry, whereas the Pre (much like the iphone) gives the promise of something entirely redefined and quite exciting.

05-16-09 05:51 PM
    True. The hype often overshadows the actual device... Except for rare instances such as the iPhone. I had high hopes for the Storm, but I also had doubts such as with surepress (fail) and the general speed of the thing (also fail). I haven't heard any such doubts over the Pre.

I think the Storm 2 looks nicer than the 1, and if they ditched Surepress and came out with a more developed OS, it has the potential to be a homerun as well - as far as Blackberries go. In the end though, its still just a Blackberry, whereas the Pre (much like the iphone) gives the promise of something entirely redefined and quite exciting.

surepress is a flavor, it works for some and not for others...same with the curve, and pearl keyboards....howevery a better OS at launch would have done wonders, i agree...however, the iphone had its shortcomings at launch, and i guarantee the Pre will also...nothing is immune to launch issues...
    05-16-09 06:13 PM
    Here is a quote I just came across that is truly fitting for this thread:

"Technology... is a qu*er thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other." --Carrie P. Snow

And this is the way it will always be, folks...
    05-16-09 06:17 PM
    i love hijacking rants/raves/troll threads and making them into productive discussions
    05-16-09 06:19 PM
    surepress is a flavor, it works for some and not for others...same with the curve, and pearl keyboards....howevery a better OS at launch would have done wonders, i agree...however, the iphone had its shortcomings at launch, and i guarantee the Pre will also...nothing is immune to launch issues...
    Agreed. I know many people who love surepress. Myself included.

I find it funny how everyone says how great the pre will be, the iphone killer, etc. Have people not learned? Wait for something to come out before placing it on a pedestal.
    05-16-09 06:27 PM
    I agree that no phone will be perfect on launch, but I cant imagine the pre being worse than the storm! I just cant see it happening. Anyways I am most likely going to give it a shot when it comes out!
    05-16-09 06:40 PM
    I agree that no phone will be perfect on launch, but I cant imagine the pre being worse than the storm! I just cant see it happening. Anyways I am most likely going to give it a shot when it comes out!
    Just a random example but...

Isn't there a phone just recently released that reboots if you type the letter "I" followed by a space?

How basic a "Doh!" would you like?
    05-16-09 07:29 PM
    I like my storm.
    I'm with you. Very happy.

If the Storm 2 does get picked up from Verizon I'll most likely upgrade to it if enough reasons exist at that time. I'm so tired of hearing from people how they are getting screwed by RIM or Verizon. You folks are the ones spending the money. Quit whining, vote with your wallet and go somewhere else if you aren't satisfied. It's what capitalism is all about.

I like coming to CB for the help, support and tips but it sure does get tiring having to read through pages and pages of people crying just to find decent info.
    05-16-09 07:37 PM
    We'll see... But the Pre already has way better specs than any bb currently available. And considering my Treo did e-mail 100x better than my Curve (even thought it sucked at many other things), I'm keeping a close eye on them!

I find this extremely hard to believe. My Treo sucked compared to the way BB does email.
    05-16-09 08:01 PM
    I've had this discussion before! My 650 had Chattermail. Granted, not an included app, but it did INSTANT e-mail with FLAWLESS 2 way sync, and about a jillion more options than any blackberry offers. That program made my Curve's e-mail look like a cartoon version. There isn't a tinge of doubt in my mind that Chatter wiped the e-mail floor with a blackberry. I was sorely disappointed in that when I made the switch!

Again though, my Curve is so much better in every other regard that it doesn't really even matter.

05-16-09 10:47 PM
    I've had this discussion before! My 650 had Chattermail. Granted, not an included app, but it did INSTANT e-mail with FLAWLESS 2 way sync, and about a jillion more options than any blackberry offers. That program made my Curve's e-mail look like a cartoon version. There isn't a tinge of doubt in my mind that Chatter wiped the e-mail floor with a blackberry. I was sorely disappointed in that when I made the switch!

Again though, my Curve is so much better in every other regard that it doesn't really even matter.

i've never used chattermail, i've always been turned off by palm products...what benefits does it have vs. your current phone?
    05-17-09 01:03 AM
    At some point your battery probably died or got too low. When that happens, it will turn off your connection. All you have to do is first charge your phone and then go into your connections and turn it back on.

Nuff said.

Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

We need to start a petition or something to get back at Verizon.

They owe us OG Storm owners a free or cheap upgrade to Storm 2 at a minimum.

If you didn't have this site would you be please with your Storm?

Almost everyone here runs firmware which is UNOFFICIAL. May VOID your warentee.

Most of us have to pull the battery out or run a program that resets the phone constantly.

Look at how many threads there are about memory leaks.

The point is that its not about technology advancing. It's about a FAULTY product with little OFFICIAL support
    from Verizon.
    05-17-09 02:10 AM
    Verizon and rim don't owe us anything, but it would be nice if they offered a discount for any storm 1 owners who want to upgrade.

05-17-09 02:57 AM
    But I would say the need to give us an OS upgrade

05-17-09 02:58 AM
    Look at it this way, OP. If you're an early adopter like myself and most of the other people on this site, you'll be eligible for an upgrade around 08/2010 the earliest.

Factor in the December 2009 launch of the Storm 2, plus the six months needed to get the bugs out, and we'll be right on time!
    05-17-09 06:09 AM
    it kinda sounds like you've already made your mind up on the issue, so further discussion is worthless...
    05-17-09 12:37 PM
    Storm Ranters remind me of Windows 95 early adopters =)
    05-17-09 12:41 PM
    I find this sucks because I just bought the storm and they already making a new one this sucks.

05-17-09 12:41 PM
    I find this sucks because I just bought the storm and they already making a new one this sucks.

then don't buy brand new phones. because theywill always be making "brand new ones"...but like i've said over and over, you have a really long time before the storm 2 is reality.
    05-17-09 12:45 PM
    I just bought a house and there is this house down the street that has the same floor plan. They just finished with their upgrades and the house is going for the same price. I should start a petition to get back at my realitor. She should have known that there was a better house that was about to be on the market.
    05-17-09 01:01 PM
    I'm amazed to see the reply that were given to the Op.

If the Storm 2 comes within a year of the Storm 1, RIM screwed us IMO. If it comes after 1 year of the Storm 1 (a la Apple) I think it's going to be much better.

When I look at the 3 year contract I had to sign for this, I don't know if it was worth it.

Also I don't know why peoples compare this phone to a house or a car. Of course there is always going to be something better in the future but your car or your house doesn't have any problems. Sure it will miss a couple of the new features but you can drive it. It won't stop at a red light for no reasons.
    05-18-09 06:46 AM
    I'm amazed to see the reply that were given to the Op.

If the Storm 2 comes within a year of the Storm 1, RIM screwed us IMO. If it comes after 1 year of the Storm 1 (a la Apple) I think it's going to be much better.

When I look at the 3 year contract I had to sign for this, I don't know if it was worth it.

Also I don't know why peoples compare this phone to a house or a car. Of course there is always going to be something better in the future but your car or your house doesn't have any problems. Sure it will miss a couple of the new features but you can drive it. It won't stop at a red light for no reasons.
    Neither does my phone...
    05-18-09 07:51 AM
231 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD