Updates are taking a pretty long time to come out, so maybe rim is concentrating more on the storm 2 than our storm?
    As CX said till he was red in the fingers from typeing, UPDATES TAKE TIME. You almost never get an update as fast as .75. This goes for VZW and every other carrier.

Also, they are not focusing on one over the other. They have teams working on both. That's just how they work.
    05-15-09 11:37 PM
    Why does the OP want to blame Verizon? The hardware and OS belong to RIM. If there is anyone to blame, go after them. Your analogy with with Microsoft is foolish. If the computer is slow they blame Microsoft. Could very well be the PC, not the OS. Could be the third party software, not Microsoft, and so on. You want to see a nightmare, watch what would happen if Verizon got out of the hardware and software side completely. Try to get your phone and OS to work properly or replaced. Oh yea, if you don't want to have to wait for 2 years for your next freebie, then buy it full retail from someone that wil give you your money back if you don't like it.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 05-15-09 at 11:44 PM.
    05-15-09 11:40 PM
    I believe the whole buy 1 get 1 free deal is because so many Storms needed to be sold from inventory to reach a certain quota that was set. My source on that was a sales rep at one of the stores...
    They dont share that kind of strategic info with ther sales reps. He was giving you an opinion.

Now, here's MY opinion. They did it so they could get all of those people to upgrade or add lines and have to pay for those data plans for the next two years. They don't make money on the phones, the money is made on the plans. The BOGO was not just for Storms, all BB's were included.
    05-15-09 11:41 PM
    Just remember this...

The Storm 2 is not an advancement to anything. It is almost the exact same phone as the first Storm.

There were changes to the casing and screen, but the internals are more than likely the same. This would explain the reason it was able to come to the market so quickly.
    It's supposed to have WiFi and more RAM. Those are significant upgrades. I would also not be surprised if it ended up having a 5MP camera as well but that's my speculation.

And I reiterate this is NOT on the market yet and we do not know WHEN it will be. All we have are an offhand refference by a RIM exec, ONE pic, and a lot of rumors.
    05-15-09 11:56 PM

Also, 30 days after the purchase of the phone, one has to pay 50 dollars to get a "fixed" phone.
    Correction. That's only loss or damage. Component failure is covered under the one year manufacturer's warranty and VZW will replace it if need be during that time. If you have the $5.99 insurance plan that extends your manufacturer's warranty for as long as the phone stays on that line. You ONLY pay the deductible if there is physical damage or loss.
    05-16-09 12:02 AM
    They dont share that kind of strategic info with ther sales reps. He was giving you an opinion.

Now, here's MY opinion. They did it so they could get all of those people to upgrade or add lines and have to pay for those data plans for the next two years. They don't make money on the phones, the money is made on the plans. The BOGO was not just for Storms, all BB's were included.
    Get outta here! There's no need for logic to come into this thread...
    05-16-09 12:05 AM
    Correction. That's only loss or damage. Component failure is covered under the one year manufacturer's warranty and VZW will replace it if need be during that time. If you have the $5.99 insurance plan that extends your manufacturer's warranty for as long as the phone stays on that line. You ONLY pay the deductible if there is physical damage or loss.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I have been misinformed.

Sorry
    05-16-09 12:07 AM
    A single photo of a development device leaks and people get bent out of shape and freak out. *shakes head* Despite rumors we do not know for sure how long it will be until we see this device, my bet is still early/mid 2010, at the earliest.

People keep getting upgrading with NE2. You do NOT have to wait for two years to avoid paying full retail for a new phone. You can do an annual update at the 12 month mark and pay the one year contract price (some nice reps will give it to you for the two year price) as long as you have a calling plan of $79.99 or higher. You just need to extend your contract another year.
    Great post, too many people getting fired up for nothing.
    05-16-09 12:09 AM
    Only time will tell what all Verizon comes out for software updates for the first original storm. I'm already on my 5th storm and all I got to say is this hopefully when they push out the Storm 2 hopefully they fixed all the problems they had with the Storm 1
    05-16-09 12:32 AM
    The shelf life on ANY phone is 18 months. If this phone really does hit the shelf 4th QTR 09, that will only be pushing the normal re-config date by about 6 months.
    05-16-09 01:16 AM
    Are you kidding me? You're telling me if you were still on .75 you would be just fine with how the Storm is? It's only because of the constant leaks and fine tuned custom firmwares from our fellow forum members that have kept us happy with the storm.
    I'm still running .75 without any issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 02:58 AM
    if you don`t like RIM or VZM have done to you, then give up BB and go join other cellphone makers where you will be happy, if not then, no need to post this message that you wanted to get back at them
    Who are you talking about? Did I say anything about not likely my Storm? How about you take a few moments and read what I posted and stop being a the typical poster in these forums.

I simply stated that if people don't like their Storm then to not give the corporate giants their hard earned money.

I said nothing about not likely my Storm. I compared the changes that RIM is making with the Storm 2 to other electronic devices on the market. If you are not going to read the entire post then please get out of here.

You have said exactly what I said. I told people if they don't like RIM and VZW to go with something else.
    05-16-09 11:18 AM
    It's supposed to have WiFi and more RAM. Those are significant upgrades. I would also not be surprised if it ended up having a 5MP camera as well but that's my speculation.

And I reiterate this is NOT on the market yet and we do not know WHEN it will be. All we have are an offhand refference by a RIM exec, ONE pic, and a lot of rumors.
    If you read my post that is exactly what I said. How about do that before you post. There is a 3.2MP camera, no change there. You could see that in the pics. There were actually 6 pictures.

If you read my post in full you might not have posted.
    05-16-09 11:24 AM

Why did you only quote half of what I said? So you would look cool?
    05-16-09 11:26 AM
    This is what i have learned from MY storm experience.

The Storm has the potential to THE best phone out there. However right now it's like a genius standing in a room full of idiots. It still is better than the rest but nowhere near what it could be. Im not gonna name any names, but support from the storm is shoddy. VZW reps on the phone cant troubleshoot your device if something happens, and dont even bother taking it into the store. You may get the infamous "deer in headlights" look. The storm's capabilities are not being fully utilized, graphics, memory, etc...

I have lost ALL faith in VZW or RIM to continue to support the Storm. Why? Some people say blame VZW, and some say blame RIM for the shortcomings of an official update. When really it is both, if RIM would just make a decent build and release it to VZW that has the problems fixed, great. VZW needs to stop being picky lil punks and just agree that a build resolves most of the current issues. Besides, it's not like their Reps can help anyways.

So in hindsight, i look back...and through it all. I will not be buying the Storm 2 when it's released, for fear of having another Storm issue like we all are having now. A great phone that only lives up to half of what it can be. No support with no updates. I am going to wait out my contract for another year and a half, and see what is stable. I have just lost all faith in RIM and VZW to support their own products. In my honest opinion, i think RIM is spreading themselves too thin with the Storm 2. You already have one device out that is far from where it should be and you release it's predecessor, FAIL!

Falconz
    05-16-09 11:43 AM
    Actually I think the Storm 2 is less of a slap in the face...and more of a tea-bagging.

I'm guessing RIM is going to do another half-a$$ed job and it will be just as lousy and poorly supported as the current storm...so don't worry. Expect their CEO to state "nobody gets it right the second time"...after all....unsupported video acceleration, extremely limited application memory, poor hardware quality, poor voice quality, memory leaks...they're all part of the new reality!
    Last edited by nm4710; 05-16-09 at 12:27 PM.
    05-16-09 12:23 PM
    I learned twenty years ago with technology. It will be outdated before its payed for. Sucks yes , but those are the facts. I will continue to buy gadgets though because I just have to jave them

05-16-09 12:27 PM
    Are you kidding me? You're telling me if you were still on .75 you would be just fine with how the Storm is? It's only because of the constant leaks and fine tuned custom firmwares from our fellow forum members that have kept us happy with the storm.
    I am still on .75, and am perfectly happy with my Storm. No issues whatsoever.

Coming from someone with .141 FW. Why don't you keep your software at
    .75 and be happy then? Like I said before its only because of the leaks you are happy.
    See comment above.

btw i'm still upset the OP called my phone obsolete i wonder what he made 8830 user's feel like??
    Correction-- he called it "OBSOLITE". Not sure what that means... maybe "no longer heavy"? Ha ha ha ha! That would be a good thing. No worries!
    05-16-09 01:06 PM
    I am a bit pussrd that a new storm is coming so soon. I wont be getting one right away because I have a feeling that this being rushed like the original storm was rushed. And in that case if you wait another 6month after than you will see the storm 3. Blackbeery seems to be getting market hungry and my fear is that product quality will eventually suffer and so will the ooooohhhhh and ahhh of having a blackbErry

05-16-09 01:57 PM
    I am a bit pussrd that a new storm is coming so soon. I wont be getting one right away because I have a feeling that this being rushed like the original storm was rushed. And in that case if you wait another 6month after than you will see the storm 3. Blackbeery seems to be getting market hungry and my fear is that product quality will eventually suffer and so will the ooooohhhhh and ahhh of having a blackbErry

"soon" is a relative term. and it might not be a "new" storm, just a revision of the one we have already....you see, everything right now is speculation until we get a full on production model with specs and real data. not rumors and hear say. so it's not time to freak out or get pissed just yet.

if you're gonna get pissed, be pissed that RIM hasn't made an OS that can pass REAL testing requirements
    05-16-09 02:34 PM

People keep getting upgrading with NE2. You do NOT have to wait for two years to avoid paying full retail for a new phone. You can do an annual update at the 12 month mark and pay the one year contract price (some nice reps will give it to you for the two year price) as long as you have a calling plan of $79.99 or higher. You just need to extend your contract another year.
    I was thinking about upgrading to the storm two when it came out... but I'm on a two year contract. It would be great to get it without paying full price. Is this true?
    05-16-09 02:37 PM
    Stop whining... man up and get the Palm Pre when that comes out (soon!) and get a REAL smartphone!
    05-16-09 02:40 PM
    Stop whining... man up and get the Palm Pre when that comes out (soon!) and get a REAL smartphone!

yeah, because PALM and SMART have been used together for sooooooo long.....pfft.

really?

c'mon

really?????
    05-16-09 03:02 PM
    We'll see... But the Pre already has way better specs than any bb currently available. And considering my Treo did e-mail 100x better than my Curve (even thought it sucked at many other things), I'm keeping a close eye on them!

05-16-09 03:45 PM
    yeah, because PALM and SMART have been used together for sooooooo long.....pfft.

really?

c'mon

really?????
    The blackberry storm or any blackberry for that matter has no chance against the pre!

Really?

Yes, really
    05-16-09 03:56 PM
231 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD