Like my dad always said..

Instead of whining...do something about it!!

haha earn enough money to buy the storm 2 lol
    05-15-09 12:52 AM
    I can understand your frustrations..I mean Verizon pushed the advertising on the unit than any other device..Parties, Store Invitationals, contests..etc. It seems 2 months after the release it was Storm who..what?
    05-15-09 12:58 AM
    the OP kinda has a good point, a little on the dramatic side, but a point. We really haven't been supported with the storm like we should have and now there's a new one coming out. It is a little frustrating. I don't think there is any reason to believe that this phone will go to anyone other than big red. However, VZW doesn't have such high rated customer service for hanging their customers out to dry. The phone has had its issues, I'm on my 3rd. they replace it without hassle each time. Don't panic. I'm sure VZW will find a way to satisfy us and keep us from switching to the dark side but it might require us to have a little patience.

HAIL TO THE NINJAS!

Signed,
    The Iron Chef of Pounding Vaj
    05-15-09 12:58 AM
    honestly i wouldnt even get a storm 2. I am fine with the first one assuming 5.0 is released before the storm 2 comes out. There probably will not be enough added features to make it worth it to me. My contract will not be up by release anyway. Sure its a day of work to get the money for it but i just dont seeing the need unless its LTE capable or something. Even then, the network wont be in place for that yet so its not going to make any difference yet.

Also, those complaining about official updates for the device....all other BB devices go along time without updates (9+ months) so only giving the storm 6 months is unreasonable by you could say. granted the leaks are better is speed but they do introduce problems that werent there before. I agree the storm seems to have more issues than some of the other BBs out there so it seems like it needs it more.
    Last edited by howarmat; 05-15-09 at 01:02 AM.
    05-15-09 12:59 AM
    The Shakespeare of sexual stuff.

Btw I'm still looking for an OS that RIM sent that is worthy of approvalby VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 01:05 AM
    I am a uk user and within a week of getting my Storm Vodafone notified me of a firmware upgrade. I have installed this and as a result I am over the moon. It behaves like a totally different and better device. As for technology moving on, if you wait for the ultimate device before you commit then you never will. I researched the cellphone market before I decided on the Storm, having been a devoted Nokia N95 user. The Storm is was the only thing out there that ticked all my boxes. Oh by the way, a Storm can emulate an iPhone but an iPhone can only ever be that.
    I have my own gripes about vzw, but this one is RIMs fault.. Vzw os just trying to cover there
    A$$ now by denying the last two os's. I'm on .75 its not that bad..........AND we all know that once
    The official GOLDEN OS comes out it will only be hours before the posts of how vzw messed up
    Again. Three quarters of the people on this site will never ever ever ever ever be happy.

I have my own gripes about vzw, but this one is RIMs fault.. Vzw os just trying to cover there
    A$$ now by denying the last two os's. I'm on .75 its not that bad..........AND we all know that once
    The official GOLDEN OS comes out it will only be hours before the posts of how vzw messed up
    Again. Three quarters of the people on this site will never ever ever ever ever be happy.

Happy? Im Happy! And......I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I fell pretty and......wait... I think I need to go to bed now
    05-15-09 01:09 AM
    Happy? Im Happy! And......I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I fell pretty and......wait... I think I need to go to bed now
    Get some rest the academy starts early

05-15-09 01:16 AM
    My sources tell me that the storm 2 is actually the verizon "official update" and these things will just show up at our houses next month. (Very realiable sources, cant reveal but one of them told me on 11/20 that storm was comin out soon and was dead on)
    05-15-09 01:19 AM
    Yes, I do understand and know that it takes time between updates since I've had quite a few Blackberry phones with different carriers in the past.

Now... if I remember it correctly, I don't think I was able to video record and save it properly half the time when I had .75 on my Storm.
    And VZW and RIM adverized the heck out of the Storm's video recording capability? (I know I am being a little sarcastic...) I wonder how all these 99% (mentioned by someone earlier) of the Storm owners with .75 are coping with this critical bug.

The Storm with the lastest unofficial (and I say it again "NOT OFFICIAL") update is near perfect, but with .75 which is the latest offered by VZW...? I lost my confidence there...
    Last edited by nabitheking; 05-15-09 at 01:28 AM.
    05-15-09 01:23 AM
    Well unfortunately there's nothing else to release since .75. One day.

05-15-09 01:28 AM
    I'm 21 years old and I'm an artist for a living. My "business" is literally operated from my phone.
    It does its job. But I'll admit that it was the 21 year old craving flash that bought the Storm.
    Not the businessman. I'm not gonna fret over the Storm 2 because its just MORE flash.
    Its just not practical for business. It is a phone for entertainment and show.
    Give me a Tour over a Storm 2 anyday.

05-15-09 01:29 AM
    My sources tell me that the storm 2 is actually the verizon "official update" and these things will just show up at our houses next month. (Very realiable sources, cant reveal but one of them told me on 11/20 that storm was comin out soon and was dead on)
    This is the best news I have heard.....I am so happy I am going to start holding
    My breath right now.....do you have any inside sources that pick lotto numbers?

05-15-09 01:38 AM

read into that what you wish
    05-15-09 01:44 AM
    yeah NO ONE deserves a free upgrade to the storm 2. you had your 30 day trial. if you didnt like the storm you should have returned it. if you kept it, you already made your choice. you knew what you were getting into with a brand new phone. sure i have my complaints w the storm but just because all of my expectations have not been met doesnt mean im going to act like i deserve something i dont.

it would be nice to offer their current storm users some sort of deal but at this point im totally unmoved / unexcited about the storm 2. those internals better me freaking amazing. looks like more of the same
    05-15-09 02:09 AM
    It looks like the Storm 2 just has different hardware, not software.

Verizon/RIM should really fix the bugs in the .75 at least.
    05-15-09 02:12 AM

read into that what you wish
    If I win ill split it with you.

05-15-09 02:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Sashin;2560362]Nuff said.

Look at how many threads there are about memory leaks.

You obviously have never owned a Blackberry LOL.

What are you going to say after you get your Storm 2 and they announce a Storm 3?...Are you going to then say now they owe you a Storm 3?...Get over it! Cellular phones advance as quickly as computers and we should all be thankful for that otherwise we would be stuck old technology. BTW, my Storm works just fine and no, this is not my 1st Blackberry as I have used them since the days when they still had thumbwheels on them. Thank goodness for technology advancing!
    05-15-09 02:23 AM
    I laugh at every person that posts this BS. They really dont understand anything about technology and shouldnt even own the device in the first place.
    i knw man that's what i was thinking
    05-15-09 02:30 AM
    I am a uk user and within a week of getting my Storm Vodafone notified me of a firmware upgrade. I have installed this and as a result I am over the moon. It behaves like a totally different and better device. As for technology moving on, if you wait for the ultimate device before you commit then you never will. I researched the cellphone market before I decided on the Storm, having been a devoted Nokia N95 user. The Storm is was the only thing out there that ticked all my boxes. Oh by the way, a Storm can emulate an iPhone but an iPhone can only ever be that.
    In that case, you should probably take a look over at the official vodafone UK BB Storm forums where they are ripping each other to shreds because of poor handset performance -this tells a different story...... even the vodafone moderators are now taking email requests for cancellation of contract (although to be honest, i'll believe that when i see it!)
    05-15-09 02:48 AM
    You people are ******** as though this thing has been released already!
    05-15-09 03:00 AM
    Wo says its even a cdma a phone for all you know it could be gsm only, just like the bold, just like the curve so don't all be ripping verizon just yet ,, oh and by the way to all you verizion we haven't got a update yet whiners,, telus got an official over a month ago hows that .75 working out for you ????
    05-15-09 03:04 AM
    Really?? Seriously? I am so sick of people complaining and the sense of entitlement... Just be happy they are continuing to improve a pretty good product.. I look on all my past touch screen phones and even with its flaws the storm still is hands down the best... Now they are making a better one?? Get a life .. get over it... shell out the few extra bucks and move on with life... You do the same thing every time you buy a pc.. or any electronic device.. You buy it and a few months later its obsolete...geeesh.. I can't wait for the storm 2.... Play on...
    05-15-09 03:22 AM
    I have had nothing but issues with mine at least they never get scratched. Well that is because I am gettin a new one ever week. The fact that vzw didn't back there product is outrageous and I find my self asking way. Is it the transistion at the end of the year. This is the worst phone of the 2008/2009 year I would be better off with windows mobile.

Has anyone had anyluck getting vzw to release a different phone
    05-15-09 05:11 AM
231 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD