Yeah but that phone had a lot of problems too
    This is another one I love..
    05-14-09 11:42 PM
    Wow. How long did it take from the release of XP to Vista? What about Vista to the upcoming windows 7? Much more then 6 months kid.
    I was talking about updates. Not new products. Also, software development is a whole lot different then product development (which is usualy way faster then software dev if your platform already exists).

Also before SPs micosoft has constantly made updates for their new OS available very quickly via windows update. It never took 6+ months for any type of update to come.
    Like I said, for critical issues, no, it's fast. But the Storm doesn't have any critical issues right now. Just like an update that fixes, let's say... Here, Vista had a bug causing a number of laptops to fail going into standby. It was there since the release of vista (Jan 2007) and they fixed it a month ago. It took them 2 years to fix a non-critical issue which I reported (and multiple other people) in 2007. Just be patient and stop whining.
    05-14-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah but that phone had a lot of problems too
    O_O

Like ours doesn't?
    Look at the people who bought the iPhone with the iPhone 3G only to come out? Technology gets replaced, get over it
    I was bamboozled!
    05-14-09 11:44 PM
    I was talking about updates. Not new products. Also, software development is a whole lot different then product development (which is usualy way faster if your platform already exists).

Like I said, for critical issues, no, it's fast. But the Storm doesn't have any critical issues right now. Just like an update that fixes, let's say... Here, Vista had a bug causing a number of laptops to fail going into standby. It was there since the release of vista (Jan 2007) and they fixed it a month ago. Just be patient and stop whining.
    Did you even read my post? I was talking about updates as well *****.
    1) not confirmed that VZW will be getting any "storm 2"
    2) they'll have an official OS approved and released before the storm 2 is approved and released on ANY carrier....
    3) you need to relax. NOTHING in any of our lives is so important that a picture of a new phone causes any of us to flip out and go off the deep end like this.
    1) not confirmed that VZW will be getting any "storm 2"
    2) they'll have an official OS approved and released before the storm 2 is approved and released on ANY carrier....
    3) you need to relax. NOTHING in any of our lives is so important that a picture of a new phone causes any of us to flip out and go off the deep end like this.
    Look patches its confirmed. You're very ignorant if you think it's not coming to Verizon.

The other points I'll agree. I'm over it already. It was fun chatting.
    05-14-09 11:46 PM
    Did you even read my post? I was talking about updates as well *****.
    XP to Vista IS NOT an update. It's a new product. Same applies to Windows 7.

The Storm 2 IS NOT an update to the Storm. It's a new product.
    O_O

Like ours doesn't?

I know it does, BUT apple is a much more robust company and can take the hit.
    Look patches its confirmed. You're very ignorant if you think it's not coming to Verizon.

The other points I'll agree. I'm over it already. It was fun chatting.
    For your information, patches works at Verizon. Good job calling other people ignorant when you don't seem to have a clue either.
    05-14-09 11:47 PM
    Yea im with you, its beginning to feel like we being screwed
    Updates are taking a pretty long time to come out, so maybe rim is concentrating more on the storm 2 than our storm? I've been wondering why the storm is in that whole buy one get one free deal( its soon to be a surpassed device so why not give it away for free) And as far as that upgrade to the storm 2 --I think it should be no more than $50 with the turn in of your current storm
    05-14-09 11:48 PM
    i don't work for verizon ANYMORE

and who confirmed that it's coming to VZW? docs? pix? recorded phone calls?

at this point its all speculation and hear say...no reason to freak out.

and i'm the least ignorant person you'll ever meet. period. ninjas are trained in the ways of logic and problem solving.
    05-14-09 11:49 PM
    Updates are taking a pretty long time to come out, so maybe rim is concentrating more on the storm 2 than our storm? I've been wondering why the storm is in that whole buy one get one free deal( its soon to be a surpassed device so why not give it away for free) And as far as that upgrade to the storm 2 --I think it should be no more than $50 with the turn in of your current storm
    And for god sake's people...

The STORM 2 WILL BE USING THE SAME OS AS THE STORM 1*. Both phones will be updated simultanously (well, RIM will update them simultanously.... Carriers... different story).

*Mostly. Same Java, prob. different radios.
    05-14-09 11:50 PM
    i don't work for verizon ANYMORE

and who confirmed that it's coming to VZW? docs? pix? recorded phone calls?

at this point its all speculation and hear say...no reason to freak out.

and i'm the least ignorant person you'll ever meet. period. ninjas are trained in the ways of logic and problem solving.
    Right on Patches! haha!

Regardless of where or when the Storm 2 is coming... it will be probably at least til September before any of us even hold one... until then we shall see if VZW can get an official OS out first....
    05-14-09 11:54 PM
    I believe the whole buy 1 get 1 free deal is because so many Storms needed to be sold from inventory to reach a certain quota that was set. My source on that was a sales rep at one of the stores...
    05-14-09 11:56 PM
    I believe the whole buy 1 get 1 free deal is because so many Storms needed to be sold from inventory to reach a certain quota that was set. My source on that was a sales rep at one of the stores...
    seems logical to me...if they sell "X" units before a certain date they automatically renew the exclusivity agreement for another period of time
    05-14-09 11:58 PM
    Wow. How long did it take from the release of XP to Vista? What about Vista to the upcoming windows 7? Much more then 6 months kid.

Also before SPs micosoft has constantly made updates for their new OS available very quickly via windows update. It never took 6+ months for any type of update to come.
    I would suggest you learn how to spell and use proper grammar before calling someone "kid".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 12:12 AM
    so does that mean i can call people "kid" now?
    05-15-09 12:14 AM
    I like my storm.
    05-15-09 12:26 AM
    guess it isn't verified, or someone would have posted proof somewhere...
    05-15-09 12:29 AM
    Something tells me Storm 2 is going to be like Storm 1. Sure, it may have Wi-Fi. And it may have the buttons on the bottom now be part of the touch screen.. BUT. I think the OS will suck just like Storm 1. RIM can't seem to build a better OS in 6 months without one problem or another. I think they just keep pushing out different models of phones that are physically different, but all sort of have the same OS. I've had my Storm since November and I do the beta updates on my own phone and also two Storms in my office. All users are a bit frustrated with their phone. Somedays I just want to hurl mine against a wall.
    05-15-09 12:29 AM
    Am I just about the only one including Sashin that feel we, Storm 1 owners, have not been treated the way we should have?

I don't care whether or not Storm 2 or Storm 297 is out. What I care about is the fact that I have not seen an update from Verizon for a fairly substantial amount of time, which makes my experience with my Storm and Verizon not very pleasant.

Ever since I got my Storm as soon as it was available to the general public, I have always been a hardcore fan. And I thought that I would be that way all the time. For some reason, I've grown tired of not seing the support that we should have seen already.

And if it wasn't for this amazing site with all the unofficial updates abundant, I am not so sure if I would've kept my Storm for this long.
    Last edited by nabitheking; 05-15-09 at 12:42 AM.
    05-15-09 12:37 AM
    [QUOTE=Sashin;2560425]Your agrument involving technology is moot. Take windows for example. Microsoft has constantly updated it and kept it well maintained. The Storm has not been well maintained.[/QUOTE

you forgot one thing touchscreen is RIM's first ever device. it is same windows 95 was a big improvement but there is no system restore for that win. 95 and it was a big bust for them if there is no anti virus software.
    05-15-09 12:40 AM
    id say it depends on when its released, if it comes out less then a year after the storm one, then yeah that kind of sucks...

so far we have just seen some pictures, i don't think its going to be released any time soon. verizion rushed them on the first storm, i don't think they will make that mistake again...
    05-15-09 12:50 AM
231 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD