Nuff said.

Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

We need to start a petition or something to get back at Verizon.

They owe us OG Storm owners a free or cheap upgrade to Storm 2 at a minimum.

If you didn't have this site would you be please with your Storm?

Almost everyone here runs firmware which is UNOFFICIAL. May VOID your warentee.

Most of us have to pull the battery out or run a program that resets the phone constantly.

Look at how many threads there are about memory leaks.

The point is that its not about technology advancing. It's about a FAULTY product with little OFFICIAL support
    from Verizon.
    Last edited by Sashin; 05-14-09 at 11:37 PM.
    05-14-09 11:26 PM
    They really don't owe us anything. Technology is constantly updating why would you think there wouldn't be a revision. ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 11:28 PM
    While I completely agree it won't happen. First, you could use this argument with basically all computer hardware. It's a product life cycle. While this is being release rather early due to the failures of the original storm it is just a new product. You should have read all the reviews on the Storm 1 before you purchased. Not Verizon's problem.
    05-14-09 11:30 PM
    Nuff said.

Verizon has completely screwed us over. No official update in over 6 months. Most of us signing on to 2 more years for a now OBSOLITE DEVICE.

Hahaha hahaha What?

How is it any different from buying a top of the line PC only for a faster one to come out 6 months later? They don't owe you anything. You took a decision to buy a device at that time.
    I think this is hilarious. You signed a contract willingly, and only common sense says technology will always advance. I personally don't believe I or anybody else deserves anything from verizon for the new model storm.

As far as OS updates, you can be sure Verizon will release one when they see one that's fit. I know it's a long and tedious road, but all roads come to and end;-)

RIM will take care of theirs, and if they want to keep making the money they'll be sure to do so.

The storm got off to a rough start, we all (Most of us who aren't fanboys) know this.

I for one am excited bout the new storm. I think it's great and i'm hoping it'll be 10x better than the current one.

Onward I say, ONWARD!
    Are you kidding me? You're telling me if you were still on .75 you would be just fine with how the Storm is? It's only because of the constant leaks and fine tuned custom firmwares from our fellow forum members that have kept us happy with the storm.
    Your agrument involving technology is moot. Take windows for example. Microsoft has constantly updated it and kept it well maintained. The Storm has not been well maintained.
    05-14-09 11:32 PM
    Nuff said.

I laugh at every person that posts this BS. They really dont understand anything about technology and shouldnt even own the device in the first place.
    most people are on a 2 yr contract anyway, so by the time they are able to upgrade the storm 3 will be out...if it ends up happening.
    It is pretty irritating. You do realize that they won't bother to support Storm 1, right? It's all about the new and improved Storm 2. I've come to terms with it. I half expected to get shafted like this.
    05-14-09 11:33 PM
    I laugh at every person that posts this BS. They really dont understand anything about technology and shouldnt even own the device in the first place.
    Coming from someone with .141 FW. Why don't you keep your software at
    .75 and be happy then? Like I said before its only because of the leaks you are happy.
    05-14-09 11:34 PM
    I still see the pre crushing the storm 2 also.

05-14-09 11:36 PM
    Verizon doesn't owe us anything. What would be nice though would be if they gave storm owners a slightly discounted price if they wanted to upgrade to the newer model. Didn't at&t do that with the iphone? Maybe pay 400ish vs 600ish? One can hope.

05-14-09 11:37 PM
    If this is a slap in the face, then all they need to do is pull my hair. I like it... who's going to send me one to test?
    Your agrument involving technology is moot. Take windows for example. Microsoft has constantly updated it and kept it well maintained. The Storm has not been well maintained.
    The Storm IS being maintained. As with any software, there is a process of testing. If Verizon did not approve any OS they've tested, they have reasons behind that decision. Hang tight and stop whining.

To remain with your Microsoft metaphor, only critical security issues and major bugs are fixed in a timely manner. Uncritial things such as slow performance can take months to a year before Microsoft decides to release a patch fixing those, if they decide to (take a look on how long it took for them to release Vista SP1).

Now, RIM is doing update, but it has to go through an additional process of getting those update approved by your carrier. It takes time. Microsoft doesn't have that limitation. They don't need Dell (for example) to approve their updates.
    It is pretty irritating. You do realize that they won't bother to support Storm 1, right? It's all about the new and improved Storm 2. I've come to terms with it. I half expected to get shafted like this.
    You're right, It's sad Toyota doesn't support their 2004 Corolla anymore. Oh, the 2005, the 2006 etc etc.
    You're thinking is flawed

It would be a bad business move for rim to "quit" on the storms advancement.

Think of all the money (if this was true) that they'd be throwing out the window right now with all the developers of OS 5.0 for the storm
    They will certainly continue to support the first storm.

Coming from someone with .141 FW. Why don't you keep your software at
    .75 and be happy then? Like I said before its only because of the leaks you are happy.
    I used .75 for over a month and didnt have any issues with it, sorry to burst your bubble but there are plenty of people happy with .75 right now to.

there is like 1% of Storm owners running a leaked OS. So i would say the majority of the public is OK with .75
    05-14-09 11:38 PM
    If this is a slap in the face, then all they need to do is pull my hair. I like it... who's going to send me one to test?
    WOAAAA, dirty thoughts sorry
    05-14-09 11:38 PM
    Of course they'll still support the storm 1

05-14-09 11:39 PM
    Wow. How long did it take from the release of XP to Vista? What about Vista to the upcoming windows 7? Much more then 6 months kid.

Also before SPs micosoft has constantly made updates for their new OS available very quickly via windows update. It never took 6+ months for any type of update to come.

The Storm IS being maintained. As with any software, there is a process of testing. If Verizon did not approve any OS they've tested, they have reasons behind that decision. Hang tight and stop whining.

To remain with your Microsoft metaphor, only critical security issues and major bugs are fixed in a timely manner. Uncritial things such as slow performance can take months to a year before Microsoft decides to release a patch fixing those, if they decide to (take a look on how long it took for them to release Vista SP1).

Now, RIM is doing update, but it has to go through an additional process of getting those update approved by your carrier. It takes time. Microsoft doesn't have that limitation.
    05-14-09 11:40 PM
    Didn't apple give 1st Gen iphone users some sort of discount for the 3g.

05-14-09 11:40 PM

You'll get over it
    05-14-09 11:41 PM
    They will certainly continue to support the first storm.

I used .75 for over a month and didnt have any issues with it, sorry to burst your bubble but there are plenty of people happy with .75 right now to.

there is like 1% of Storm owners running a leaked OS. So i would say the majority of the public is OK with .75
    Yeah right. Even the tester phones at Verizon have higher then .75.

And since you said you used .75 over a month, I'm assuming you updated your OS. You know where this is going.
    You'll get over it
    Yeah I will. I'll probably get the Storm 2 as soon as its available.
    Didn't apple give 1st Gen iphone users some sort of discount for the 3g.

Yeah but that phone had a lot of problems too
231 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD