I'm really close to getting the storm2 as it fits the benefits of a BB for email/work, I get on with my basic curve, but need an upgrade...and tempted by the touch screen etc....
    However, today I've been having a look around various stores in london to see if I could find a storm 2 to "try out" the screen; unfortunately it seems there's very few demos around (not found one yet ) - and the ones on the wall displays seem to have very peculiar plastic toy feeling screens which move around significantly (and wobbly) and doesn't inspire any confidence.....they're probably demo/showroom handset shells? (the numbties in the shop knew very little about these phones....)
    ...so my question is.....on a "real" Storm 2 how much does the screen actually move inwards when "clicking" it?
    I've seen youtube vids and read many reviews, all of which seem to show very little to no movement, and that it just has a the piezo click when a pressure is applied. Am I correct with this, and that the demo handsets are nothing like the real screen?
    05-25-10 05:41 PM
    The movement is very small. The lateral movement is also very small.
    Not sure about the demo handsets though. Make sure they aren't a storm1. With the storm2, the call, menu, back, and end buttons are part of the screen, not a separate row of buttons.
    05-25-10 05:53 PM
    Storm 2 is really a great phone. The reviews are right. There is little to no actual movement of the screen. The Demo models have been beat up and the actual unit is very nice to hold and use.
    05-25-10 06:19 PM
    So finally had a Storm 2 in my hands...and yes...thanks for the answers...the screen does not do the same movement as it does on the demo versions. Its a very re-assuring solid feel, with the "click" working exactly as I'd hoped.
    I can't beileve that the stores have such awful samples - how they expect anyone to buy it based on what I can only describe as toy samples with a screen that wobbles and pushes in by 2mm.....surely a big marketing error by BB to give out such poor examples?!
    06-05-10 04:30 AM
    I'm really close to getting the storm2 as it fits the benefits of a BB for email/work, I get on with my basic curve, but need an upgrade...and tempted by the touch screen etc....
    However, today I've been having a look around various stores in london to see if I could find a storm 2 to "try out" the screen; unfortunately it seems there's very few demos around (not found one yet ) - and the ones on the wall displays seem to have very peculiar plastic toy feeling screens which move around significantly (and wobbly) and doesn't inspire any confidence.....they're probably demo/showroom handset shells? (the numbties in the shop knew very little about these phones....)
    ...so my question is.....on a "real" Storm 2 how much does the screen actually move inwards when "clicking" it?
    I've seen youtube vids and read many reviews, all of which seem to show very little to no movement, and that it just has a the piezo click when a pressure is applied. Am I correct with this, and that the demo handsets are nothing like the real screen?
    Me and my wife just got ours for 2 months now and I really love the clicky screen. I have a N800 and I miss that when I press the LCD.

So , I guess it takes a bit of time to get use to but eventually you can't live with out!
    06-05-10 06:42 AM
    Sure Press is a nice thing. My wide hated it because I would click it so fast. But, the screen is very nice and once you get used to it, it is had to use a different phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 10:22 AM
    Ditto. I sent a text from my wifes iphone the other day and it was horrible. sure press all the way!

06-05-10 02:57 PM
    Ditto. I sent a text from my wifes iphone the other day and it was horrible. sure press all the way!

LOL, I HATE typing on the iPhone. For some reason it really bothers me when I try to type on something that doesn't give. It's like typing on a rock or something to me and I can't stand it. I need that softer and more rewarding feel of something movable I guess. I don't even like the sound they make when you tap on them...lol!

And yes, we have one, but I don't touch it unless I absolutely have to.
    06-05-10 04:36 PM
    I used to use my ippd touch for a calendar etc but I don't anymore because the typing is so bad. Its funny because it has never been a problem, not until I typed on my s2. Now its a massive problem.

Another massive advantage which I didn't really think of is being able to switch programs effortlesly.

06-06-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD