Ok, so heres whats up. If this has been discussed before then sorry, I guess I just didnt get that memo. So, when im tryping (Be it an email, sms, or instant message) I type fast. I know that this thing is supposed to support multi-touch and all that jive but while I make a lot of errors. So I slowed down the other day to see what was going on and noticed the most rediculous thing ever. I placed my left thumb on the A key and my right thumb on the L key. (Note: This is while in reduced keyboard) I then proceeded to slide my right thumb up and down the keyboard...and wouldnt you know it, while the blue glow under my right thumb moved up and down with my right thumb, the blue glow under my left thumb moved up and down at the same time. But these were offset of each other. (EX. If my right thumb was up, then the blue glow that should have been under my left thumb was down.) I did this for a while and saw that I could move both around the screen with one thumb. CRAZY! Is this normal or should I go back...YET AGAIN...and get a replacement since im still in my 30 days. Also, I have had this issue with the one before this current one so im asking if this is just something that happens with this software/hardware combo. Please someone respond as I am about to be at the end of my 30 days and really dont want to settle for a re-turd...
    04-20-10 11:12 AM
    have you checked your Tap rate/hover period under options->screen and keyboard?
    04-20-10 11:14 AM
    I know how to get there but I honestly have no idea what the numbers mean and what would be best for me. Any advice is appreciated.
    04-20-10 11:21 AM
    I have mine set to: Key rate=fast Show key indicator=never tap interval=500 hover period=200 and swipe sensativity=high. try playing with the settings a little to see if that makes a difference.
    04-20-10 11:27 AM
    If you watch a multi-touch test on the iPhone and the Nexus One, this is just a touch thing. It happens on every single touchscreen phone. And unless your dragging your fingers around the screen at the same time for sh*ts and giggles, this really shouldn't be a huge issue. lift your fingers ever so slightly and it will solve your problem as soon as you lift A finger.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-20-10 at 11:31 AM.
    04-20-10 11:28 AM
    Yeah, im not just doing it for shi*s and giggles. But when I type, as im switching keys it drags and sometimes when I press a key with the right thumb, the key above my left thumb lights up like its about to get pressed. Anyways, maybe its just a touch screen thing that happens with all of them. I was just trying to figure out if it was a legit reason to replace my device. Bad_Boy do you type fast? Any problems? And can anyone explain what each of those mean?(EX. Tap Interval/Hover Period)
    04-20-10 12:52 PM
    Try bad boys suggestion. I switched my Key Rate to Fast as soon as I got the phone and never experienced this until after I read your post and deliberately tried to do it. It doesn't really happen on the landscape keyboard either. But I've seen a video somewhere of the iPhone vs Nexus One vs Storm touchscreen test, and they all did it. The Nexus One was the worst I believe.

EDIT: I would try to explain what I THINK the Hover/Tap Rate/etc. do, but I don't want to misinform you. There are actually only a few people on here that really know the difference and how to tune it correctly to fix whatever issue, so I figured I'd leave it to the pro's . Thought I'd just add this in as an afterthought so you didn't think I was blowing off your question.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-20-10 at 01:17 PM.
    04-20-10 01:04 PM
    Sweet. I appreciate the tips. Ill give them a try and see what I come up with. Deuces.
    04-20-10 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD