Just wondering if anyone has time to clear this up for me. I just got a new Storm 2 dated 081209 on the box (made in Mexico) and 111909 inside the battery cover. Should I expect to have issues with the screen, and is the upgraded screen that I have read about that much better? I am wondering if I should just get an exchange over with now, or if the screen issues were far from widespread, and that most people are just fine with their screens.
    05-25-10 07:01 PM
    I have no issues. Only time will tell for you. Screen issues have never been a problem with me.
    05-25-10 07:04 PM
    I guess the key is that the return policy for my purchase is 30 days free exchange with no hassles, but after 30 days I will have to deal with a store who will charge me in the neighbourhood of $30-40 to process the exchange for me.
    05-25-10 07:07 PM
    I got a new Storm2 that either had dust under the screen or bad pixels, I couldn't really tell...but it was not right and annoyed the **** out of me, so I had it replaced. The replacement I received was the older hardware, while the first one I had was the "revised" screen.

I have only ever touched these 2 Storm2's, so my experience is limited to that, but...

On the "revised" storm2, the screen movement was very smooth and the pressure required to type on it was very soft. On the replacement, the click is much stiffer. On the "revised" version I could not discern physical up-down movement when clicking the screen at all. On my replacement version you can see a bit of movement, but NOTHING like the original 9530. On both devices, the screen clicked evenly no matter where I press.

I did like the click on the "revised, green-dot" version a little better. But I think that is more of a personal preference. All-in-all, I decided that everything is working on the one I have so I am not going to go through another replacement. Also, I have no idea if the click pressure I experienced on my first storm2 was specific to the new hardware or just that device.

I have no idea if my rambling answered your question at all, but that has been my experience with the Storm2 so far
    05-25-10 08:18 PM
    hehe I want one.
    05-25-10 08:28 PM
    hehe I want one.
    hehe then get one.
    05-25-10 08:38 PM
    Linux I appreciate your answer, thanks. Hopefully this thread wasn't hijacked by the next two posters. Maybe there are more out there with a valuable opinion like Linux's?
    05-25-10 08:42 PM
    Linux I appreciate your answer, thanks. Hopefully this thread wasn't hijacked by the previous two posters. Maybe there are more out there with a valuable opinion like Linux's?
    I assume that you meant previous and not next, so I fixed it for you.
    05-25-10 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD