With the exception of the removal of the click screen, isn't it really just the same phone. The storm is crap now because of the software, not the hardware. And the software can be upgraded to leaked OSs that are more stable and make the storm a much better device.

So besides the click screen, there really isn't much of a difference. I don't think they would release new, official stable software for the Storm 2 and not the Storm 1. I actually like the click screen for browsing the web since when I'm browsing on my iPod touch I am always accidentally touching the wrong thing and having to waste time going back.

What do you guys think?
    05-22-09 01:04 AM
    So far, from what we know, the list of upgrades is definitely on the low side, but we don't really have much info regarding all the hardware. For all we know, this new Storm could have double the app memory or something. Also, hardware wise, I'd expect the new Storm to be much better. They've been testing this out for a while now. Many also think this is what the Storm 1 was meant to be before it was rushed out.
    05-22-09 01:06 AM
    They did make it a bit skinnier from the looks of it... and it will have WIFI..(supposedly) But I def agree, I love having the clicking screen. It keeps me from committing to the wrong thing.
    05-22-09 01:07 AM
    I'd bet my life on more memory. They've gotta be planning on it running 5.0 and now there's the app store so... Makes sense. Maybe the Bold's processor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 01:12 AM
    build is a lot better. It appears solid like an iPhone. There's no wobbly screen and cheap buttons to deal with neither.

As far as the internals. I'm looking forward to seeing those specs as well.
    05-22-09 01:16 AM
    build is a lot better. It appears solid like an iPhone. There's no wobbly screen and cheap buttons to deal with neither.

As far as the internals. I'm looking forward to seeing those specs as well.
    internals will be the same .

and solid like an iphone ... CK you never fail to amaze me lol
    05-22-09 01:18 AM
    Storm has 128k mem right?

05-22-09 01:20 AM
    I really dig the clickable screen as have many that have used my storm. But if I learned anything from my storm 1 experience it is to not jump onto a new technology right away, let RIM work the kinks out. Well with only 15 months to go for my new every 2 I guess I won't have that problem :P
    05-22-09 01:22 AM
    internals will be the same .

and solid like an iphone ... CK you never fail to amaze me lol
    lol whut? iPhone feels pretty "sturdy" dont you think?

it better have more that 128 megs . needs at least 256
    Last edited by cereal killer; 05-22-09 at 01:28 AM.
    05-22-09 01:26 AM
    lol whut? iPhone feels pretty "sturdy" dont you think?

it better have more that 128 megs . needs at least 256
    LOL yeah , im just screwing with yah , i love muh iphone aswell
    05-22-09 01:29 AM
    I agree that 256 should be the new minimum for bbs to run 5.0. But the Storm 1 is 128, right? Which is why I can't see 83xxs running 5.0. 4.5 was bad enough on my Pearl!

05-22-09 01:35 AM
    I'll reserve judgement but as was stated above, the OS was and still is the problem with Storm 1. 5.0 might bring quite a bit of stability to Storm 2 and Storm 1 for that matter, but there are no exciting changes to speak of, especially if you are on BIS.

I'm playing the sidelines until RIM decides to do something about the user experience on their "multimedia powerhouse". I don't really see any innovation coming from RIM lately. I will keep what I have until I am somewhat impressed........
    05-22-09 01:39 AM
    So far, from what we know, the list of upgrades is definitely on the low side, but we don't really have much info regarding all the hardware. For all we know, this new Storm could have double the app memory or something. Also, hardware wise, I'd expect the new Storm to be much better. They've been testing this out for a while now. Many also think this is what the Storm 1 was meant to be before it was rushed out.
    YES!!! i agree 100%
    05-22-09 06:09 AM
    I think we are all hoping for a better hardware list. With rumors that the iphone is getting double the processing power and double the ram we all know the storm needs it to compete. And the pre is suppose to have a better processor and memory than what we have as well. I hope they realize this and make the storm competitive.
    05-22-09 07:29 AM
    I've been torn between buying the current storm, waiting for the tour or waiting for the storm 2. I have a Curve now and love typing on it and can send long messages in seconds. I'm eligible for an annual upgrade for my line and since I can't get an iPhone, the Storm is the next closest thing. The screen on the Storm is what really makes me want it. I use my phone now for texting only with light data use. I don't use my Curve for multimedia since I think the Curve is not such a great mp3 player and I have an iPod touch. I don't run any 3rd party apps either so I shouldn't really run into any problems with memory on the current storm right?
    05-22-09 08:42 AM
    Well, RIM had to know that they were going to release the app store when they created the storm one also. remember they announced the app storefront and the app center awhile back...
    Also, if the internal are the same on the storm 2 except WI-FI there's probably no point in upgrading (even though I love WI-FI) especially if there's no discount for those who want to upgrade, and have to pay full price. I also agree, the storm OS is what really needs work and innovation, not just the hardware. Plus if we wait like 6 more months, the storm 3 will probably be leaked lol

05-22-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD