Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying an unlocked Storm 2 to use on the AT&T network. I was wanting to make sure that I would still be able to use all the features of the Storm. Such as web browsing and whatnot. I had a 9700 for a while but it got run through the washing machine a few days ago. I still have the data plan through AT&T. Also, will the 3g on AT&T work with this phone? Thanks in advance for the help!
    09-30-10 04:43 PM
    The Storm does not have 3G frequencies for North America...you will get EDGE.

As for setring it up, I can't help you, but there are stickied help topics in the forums that can. You should be able to find everything you need to know from what has already been posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 10:08 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying an unlocked Storm 2 to use on the AT&T network. I was wanting to make sure that I would still be able to use all the features of the Storm. Such as web browsing and whatnot. I had a 9700 for a while but it got run through the washing machine a few days ago. I still have the data plan through AT&T. Also, will the 3g on AT&T work with this phone? Thanks in advance for the help!
    You want a 9520 if you want 3g on AT&T, it has both 850 and 1900 MHz bands that AT&T uses.

850 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
    1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
    850 MHz UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ 3G
    1900 MHz UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ 3G

The 9550 uses the 2100 MHz band, so Chuck is correct in stating it won't work.
    10-01-10 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD