I am not sure if a promotion ended or what, but yesterday I could upgrade to the Storm 2 for $99.99, and today it is $179.99. So what do you guys think? Did a promotion end? Or is something in the works? The Storm 2 is now 179.99 for new contracts as well. For the past month, at least, the Storm 2 has been 99.99.... I wonder why the sudden price change? Anyone have any info?

P.S. The Palm Pixi Plus us now free with a new Contract (2yr)

05-10-10 09:35 PM
    I'm not sure what Verizon is doing with the storm2. I was due for an upgrade so I went to a Verizon store. They wanted $299 for a S2. I upgraded online with Wirefly.com and I got an S2 for $19.99. I kept my same contract and renewed for another 2 years.
    05-10-10 10:12 PM
    Man this sucks! I was gonna upgrade to the S2 cause I'm due for an early upgrade starting Wednesday.

Ain't this about a *****? lol
    05-10-10 10:24 PM
    isnt b1g1 active? most times they do the b1g1 at this price level i think
    05-10-10 10:41 PM
    isnt b1g1 active? most times they do the b1g1 at this price level i think
    The Bogo is active, but It's a big jump... I dunno though. Thanks for the info!
    05-10-10 10:57 PM
    I'm not sure what Verizon is doing with the storm2. I was due for an upgrade so I went to a Verizon store. They wanted $299 for a S2. I upgraded online with Wirefly.com and I got an S2 for $19.99. I kept my same contract and renewed for another 2 years.
    how did you do that (seriously)? I would upgrade for $19.99. The local store here wants $179 as well. You keep the same number and everything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 11:08 AM
    Otherwise, if this is Verizon, call them and let them know. I had seen the same thing over the weekend, I was trying to upgrade, but there were some problems at the local store they couldn't work out right for me. When I finally got around to calling directly, they not only cleared up the confusion, but gave me the previous discounted price because I simply told them I had seen it up to a couple days earlier. They checked my file, actually had all of various offers they had sent me and gave me the lower price.
    05-12-10 11:00 PM
    Otherwise, if this is Verizon, call them and let them know. I had seen the same thing over the weekend, I was trying to upgrade, but there were some problems at the local store they couldn't work out right for me. When I finally got around to calling directly, they not only cleared up the confusion, but gave me the previous discounted price because I simply told them I had seen it up to a couple days earlier. They checked my file, actually had all of various offers they had sent me and gave me the lower price.
    Apparently VZW decided to stop the bleeding (of red ink) and raise the S2 price back up to $179.99; also, the original Storm has been dismissed.
    05-13-10 08:45 AM
    Glad I got mine when I did (April). I was able to get mine online for $50 with my New Every 2 upgrade.
    05-13-10 08:56 AM
    that price stinks!! i got my storm2 at the end of match for $49.99, and i got a samsung rogue for free for my wife. it was ther b1g1 free deal and i was due for new every 2 tears, and they had a special for the storm2 for an online special.
    05-13-10 09:15 AM
    This sudden price increase coupled with the removing them from major retailers appears to indicate someone wants people to stop buying the Storm 2. Question is, why?

Could be two things:

1) A new model is just around the corner and they don't want a bunch of whiners screaming on the forums about how they just bought and "they" came out with a new model.

2) They know there is a major hardware problem and they don't want to keep replacing them. So far the only issue I have seen on this forum is the defective speaker.
    Or maybe a promotion just ended!
    05-13-10 11:24 AM
    I find it odd that people are saying the S2 is discontinued at best buy and now verizon is raising the price.

05-13-10 11:32 AM
    you all need to go to the local conspiracy theory help groups....storm 3 is not right around he corner as in a month, it will come later in the year like the previous editions. prices on the phones jump all around with different promotions
    05-13-10 11:38 AM
    you all need to go to the local conspiracy theory help groups....storm 3 is not right around he corner as in a month, it will come later in the year like the previous editions. prices on the phones jump all around with different promotions

Only a few are stating "its because of the S3 coming around the corner."

I just find it odd that authorized retailers would discontinue the S2 while they're still a popular phone. And usually verizon will lower the price after the phone has been out for a while. Most of the time, more than $20.

05-13-10 11:44 AM
    Or maybe a promotion just ended!
    ding ding ding ding ding I think we have a winner!!!!!! If and when the Storm 3 is coming the Storm 2 will go to blow out prices, NOT go up in cost.
    05-13-10 11:54 AM
    best buy is busy pushing the incredible now, if they dont have the storm, the next in line is the incredible. seems pretty good marketing to me that i am sure will work on alot of people
    05-13-10 11:55 AM
    It wasn't VZW at all it was the native Asquentilians posing as government workers. Its all a horrible plot to take our god given right to own smartphones. Damn aliens!
    05-13-10 12:22 PM
    PS nice pic PK. The forums greying you?
    05-13-10 12:23 PM
    I am not sure if a promotion ended or what, but yesterday I could upgrade to the Storm 2 for $99.99, and today it is $179.99. So what do you guys think? Did a promotion end? Or is something in the works? The Storm 2 is now 179.99 for new contracts as well. For the past month, at least, the Storm 2 has been 99.99.... I wonder why the sudden price change? Anyone have any info?

P.S. The Palm Pixi Plus us now free with a new Contract (2yr)

If you can get 2 storms for $180, I think that's reasonable. cheaper is better, but I was more than willing to pay the $150 or $180 (I forgot which) for our two Storms.
    05-13-10 12:47 PM
    I just spoke with a VZW rep over the phone to upgrade my daughter's phone to a Storm 2 for her birthday. This person told me that she was unaware of why Best Buy discontinued the S2. I inquired about the price increase and she told me that there is nothing that they could do to get me the upgrade @ $99.99 that was offered just a few days ago that the current price is $179.99.
    05-14-10 09:18 AM
    Could it be that OS6 is just around the corner and when its released and works on the S2 there will be a bunch of them sold at the higher price ??
    05-14-10 09:53 AM
    how did you do that (seriously)? I would upgrade for $19.99. The local store here wants $179 as well. You keep the same number and everything?

It was my first time in using Wirefly.com. I'd never even heard of it until a friend told me about it. The one small drawback is that it took a week from the time I started the process to when I got my phone. Wirefly has to confirm everything with Verizon to make sure that you are eligible for an upgrade so you end up confirming all your information with them about 3 different times. I kept my same phone number and my same family plan. Once Verizon finally gives the OK to Wirefly you will get your phone in 2 days. You can track the UPS delivery on line. Free shipping also.

Wirefly is a 3rd party reseller. They try real hard to upsell you on every little thing. I don't blame them for that. They are trying to make a buck. I held my ground and insisted that I wanted everything exactly the same as I currently had it. I believe that I got a brand new phone. It was made only 3 weeks ago. For $19.99 I figured I could not go wrong.

I had no problems with my S1. It was a very good phone for me. The S2 is such a sweet phone. If you liked the S1 you will love the S2.

Edit: I just check their website. If you are with Verizon you can now get a Storm2 for free. They also have the Motorola Droid for $19.99. You can also get the Bold 9700 for free.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 05-14-10 at 10:12 AM.
    05-14-10 10:03 AM
    It was my first time in using Wirefly.com. I'd never even heard of it until a friend told me about it. The one small drawback is that it took a week from the time I started the process to when I got my phone. Wirefly has to confirm everything with Verizon to make sure that you are eligible for an upgrade so you end up confirming all your information with them about 3 different times. I kept my same phone number and my same family plan. Once Verizon finally gives the OK to Wirefly you will get your phone in 2 days. You can track the UPS delivery on line. Free shipping also.

Wirefly is a 3rd party reseller. They try real hard to upsell you on every little thing. I don't blame them for that. They are trying to make a buck. I held my ground and insisted that I wanted everything exactly the same as I currently had it. I believe that I got a brand new phone. It was made only 3 weeks ago. For $19.99 I figured I could not go wrong.

I had no problems with my S1. It was a very good phone for me. The S2 is such a sweet phone. If you liked the S1 you will love the S2.

Edit: I just check their website. If you are with Verizon you can now get a Storm2 for free. They also have the Motorola Droid for $19.99. You can also get the Bold 9700 for free.
    I just looked at their website per your recommendation and they want $99.99 for the phone and an upgrade to an existing family share plan. If you sign for a new plan then it is $19.99. I just don't get it? Obviously they make more back on the customer getting a new plan than just upgrading for a new phone to a family share plan. Which according to them the $9.99 share/month does not include unlimited nights and weekends that are included in the family plan if you have it on the main plan. And if you want the replacement insurance from them it is another $69.99.
    05-14-10 10:39 AM
    I just looked at their website per your recommendation and they want $99.99 for the phone and an upgrade to an existing family share plan. If you sign for a new plan then it is $19.99. I just don't get it? Obviously they make more back on the customer getting a new plan than just upgrading for a new phone to a family share plan. Which according to them the $9.99 share/month does not include unlimited nights and weekends that are included in the family plan if you have it on the main plan. And if you want the replacement insurance from them it is another $69.99.
    I just checked Wirefly. If you want to renew/upgrade your existing contract with Verizon they still offer the $19.99 Storm 2 price.

Like I said before, they will try to sell you a whole bunch of add on services like insurance, hard cases, extra minutes, extra text plans, etc. but I held my ground and told them I did not want any extra things and that I wanted the exact same contract as I currently had. I have 5 phones on a family plan. I don't carry insurance on my phone and I wasn't going to sign up for their insurance.

It worked for me. Kept everything the same, even my number, and got a new phone for $19.99. If you are not comfortable dealing with a hard sell over the phone you will probably be better off going to a Verizon store and paying $299 for a phone.
    05-15-10 12:48 AM
    Maybe its because alot of people are going back to bberry after their experience with Droid...i know a few that did already..
    05-15-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD