Did anyone else notice that they moved the power button the storm 2 from the call end button to where the lock key is. Is there an extra button for the lock feature on the new storm? Hopefully whatever OS is running on the storm 2 when its released (july apparently) will be available for the original storm.
    05-21-09 01:07 PM
    Where do you hear that the power button is near the lock button? There is no power symbol on the button, but I know many phones don't have a power symbol on the end button, it is still the power button.
    05-21-09 01:23 PM
    Engadget

Directly from engadgets hands on review:

"Across the bottom, the Storm's keys have been replaced with four softkeys on the display proper for call, end, back, and a BlackBerry key. The top has both the power and mute keys with the entire thing wrapped lovingly in plastics with some metal trim on the edges and a metal battery cover."
    05-21-09 01:26 PM
    Engadget

Directly from engadgets hands on review:

"Across the bottom, the Storm's keys have been replaced with four softkeys on the display proper for call, end, back, and a BlackBerry key. The top has both the power and mute keys with the entire thing wrapped lovingly in plastics with some metal trim on the edges and a metal battery cover."
    And if you look at the pictures, there is one comparing the tops of both phones... you can see the power button clearly on the top.
    05-21-09 01:28 PM
    It's probably because the face keys on the Storm 2 are softkeys. They won't work if the device is turned off, so it'd be silly to have one of them be the power button.
    05-21-09 01:30 PM
    ^Right. So where's the lock button?
    05-21-09 01:52 PM
    You probably press the lock button to lock, and hold it to turn it on/off ... same as the mePhone
    05-21-09 01:55 PM
    You probably press the lock button to lock, and hold it to turn it on/off ... same as the mePhone
    tapping the "new" power button on the top left probably has the same function as it did before: locking the phone. Holding it would probably send it into standby and wake it.

Existing storm on top, storm 2 on bottom.

Last edited by arcanexvi; 05-21-09 at 02:15 PM.
    05-21-09 02:12 PM
    im guessing this isnt something that could be known exactly until the phone is able to move past the activation screen and have more functionality
    05-21-09 02:20 PM
    Maybe it will FINALLY act as a type of standby mode that ALL Blackberrys have...except the Storm 1.
    05-21-09 02:34 PM
    im guessing this isnt something that could be known exactly until the phone is able to move past the activation screen and have more functionality
    Actually, it looks like the activation screen bug means that turning the phone off and on again is about all you CAN do.
    05-21-09 02:35 PM
    That makes sense. And there's no other way that I can think of.
    05-21-09 06:16 PM
    Hopefully when you press the lock button it will turn off the screen at the same time the lock kicks in!
    05-21-09 10:23 PM
    Maybe it will FINALLY act as a type of standby mode that ALL Blackberrys have...except the Storm 1.
    My power button on my 8830 is exactly that, a power button

The mute button acts as the standby mode
    05-21-09 11:38 PM

Thanks for posting this. Less typing for me to do.

On a serious note, this is exactly how I think the Storm 2 will function in regards to that. Standby mode is a welcome addition by my book. That's probably one of the most used features by me on my other BB's and I always use it. I don't like the lock button on the current Storm.
    05-21-09 11:41 PM

That and it allows you to trigger full bright and then off. Maybe they finally gave us what we wanted in the second Storm. The same functions as all other BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 11:43 PM
    That and it allows you to trigger full bright and then off. Maybe they finally gave us what we wanted in the second Storm. The same functions as all other BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    forgot to add that one
    05-21-09 11:51 PM
    behind the battery...lol...jk
    05-22-09 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD