I have dropped mine in parking lots and on concrete- it still looks brand new. Guess you get what you pay for. Does this mean I can't take the $10 Rolex that I bought from the guy in the stained raincoat on the corner back because it is peeling and have Rolex give me a new one? I know quality when I see it....NOT!
    04-23-10 07:10 AM
    I have dropped mine in parking lots and on concrete- it still looks brand new. Guess you get what you pay for. Does this mean I can't take the $10 Rolex that I bought from the guy in the stained raincoat on the corner back because it is peeling and have Rolex give me a new one? I know quality when I see it....NOT!
    Wahahahaha verry funy, and I know quality when I see it, and that is not plastic used by RIM.
    Peeling problem was known since Bold, and I see it's still present.
    Who ever droped it on concrete and say it didnt leave a mark I think he lies.
    I know when you fell in love you can see only good points about the one you love, but fell in love with a phone, ridiculous.
    Just try with your nail to scratch corrner of the plastic next to left and right side of the screen, and not only you can peel off metalic paint, also it bands so easily that it seems like you can brake it off with no sweat.
    So, for all my BB loving fellas, dont you think it would be better to have real metal rim around the screen than metal battery cover?

And if someone know is there a custom body replacment (metalic), please let me know, thanks for replies
    Last edited by Nedooo; 04-23-10 at 11:05 AM.
    04-23-10 11:02 AM
    NOTE TO ALL: I think we can see where this thread is going, given the OP's attitude. Let's just let him think what he wants and no longer bother to waste time posting facts or opinions, as he will dismiss them both.
    04-23-10 11:05 AM
    NOTE TO ALL: I think we can see where this thread is going, given the OP's attitude. Let's just let him think what he wants and no longer bother to waste time posting facts or opinions, as he will dismiss them both.
    The facts are in front of my eyes, and you cant convince me with "facts".
    Try to stick your nail betven the side rim and the screen than try to flex the rim, and "voila" there you also have the hard (or not so hard) evidence. Fact.

P.S. Just flex it a little bit, dont brake it
    04-23-10 11:56 AM
    The facts are in front of my eyes, and you cant convince me with "facts".
    Try to stick your nail betven the side rim and the screen than try to flex the rim, and "voila" there you also have the hard (or not so hard) evidence. Fact.

P.S. Just flex it a little bit, dont brake it
    how dare we question the omniscient Nedooo. He asks us for our opinion and then rejects our ideas. I agree with dave1812 just leave him be before things get out of hand...
    04-23-10 12:16 PM
    how dare we question the omniscient Nedooo. He asks us for our opinion and then rejects our ideas. I agree with dave1812 just leave him be before things get out of hand...
    Feel free to try flexing plastic rim on screen left and right sides.
    People come on, if you all have it you can see it. In fact everything else is top noch, but this plastic is disaster.
    Face the facts why is it so hard???
    This makes me laugh
    04-23-10 12:28 PM
    I got my car new just few days ago, and the paint next to the hood is pealing of, smal bit for now, but that just shows how bad painting is used
    After this Ford = RIP
    04-23-10 12:33 PM
    I got my car new just few days ago, and the paint next to the hood is pealing of, smal bit for now, but that just shows how bad painting is used
    After this Ford = RIP
    Even this might be sarcastic that's my point, you may have all things done right, but "make up" is what you see first.
    Funny thing, all I can see is US of A boys replying.
    Btw I'm from Europe, and I have vodafone branded device.
    That might be different
    04-23-10 01:27 PM
    Heck - put an Otterbox over it - outta sight, outta mind.
    04-23-10 03:19 PM
    duct tape fixes EVERYTHING!
    04-23-10 11:03 PM
    Build quality? In a Storm2? Really? Maybe you got a bad one. Take it back. Rock solid here...
    04-23-10 11:09 PM
    Build quality? In a Storm2? Really? Maybe you got a bad one. Take it back. Rock solid here...

Wow no sh..
    Really!!! Give me a brake
    04-24-10 02:40 AM
    Even this might be sarcastic that's my point, you may have all things done right, but "make up" is what you see first.
    Funny thing, all I can see is US of A boys replying.
    Btw I'm from Europe, and I have vodafone branded device.
    That might be different
    Yeah, I was being sarcastic.
    Cars get chipped and scratched, shoes get scuffed, watches scratch, jeans fade, and your phone will get marked up too. Suck it up

Besides that, either you got the one bad phone or you hit it with something (key, fingernail, etc) I actually though that trim piece was real metal, that's how well mine has held up.

You should see how my iphone looks lots of scratches.
    04-24-10 04:03 AM
    For people who can't handle the scratches on their phone...
    Phantom Skinz makes a pretty cool product BlackBerry Storm 2 Chromatics
    04-24-10 04:16 AM
    For people who can't handle the scratches on their phone...
    Phantom Skinz makes a pretty cool product BlackBerry Storm 2 Chromatics
    I can live with it. Just, it was so anoying to hear people saying that it was like rock solid, or something like out of this world. But I managed to scratch off paint with nail.

Even dou your sarcasm, you are the first worthy poster on this thread.

Respect
    04-24-10 05:17 AM
    I got my Storm 2 new just few days ago, and the plastic next to the screen is pealing of, smal bit for now, but that just shows how bad plastic painting is used
    After this RIM = RIP
    Are you sure it is not the protective shipping film used by RIM.
    04-24-10 05:44 AM
    Are you sure it is not the protective shipping film used by RIM.
    Oh he's sure. He knows quality when he sees it. But to be fair, do blackmarket phones even use film when they ship?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 07:57 AM
    It's not protective foil, I removed them first day.
    Black or "white" market it's the same product.
    Oh, do I still hear voices from USA BB lovers, please grow up and face the facts.
    Post something smart or dont post anything, as most of you posters here cant tell difference between plastic and metal, so your expertize is worthless :P
    Last edited by Nedooo; 04-24-10 at 09:11 AM.
    04-24-10 09:02 AM
    Well I just looked at my current S2 and then my ORIGINAL S1. I have NO pealing on either one of them. So I guess (not ASSume) you got the only one in the world that peals. Rather than take it back to where you purchased it you would rather just complain and bad mouth the product.

Of the 43 responses so far, NO one had the same complaint or problem.
    04-24-10 10:00 AM
    Well I just looked at my current S2 and then my ORIGINAL S1. I have NO pealing on either one of them. So I guess (not ASSume) you got the only one in the world that peals. Rather than take it back to where you purchased it you would rather just complain and bad mouth the product.

I just pealed a bit of colour from the plastic on the right side of the screen with my nail, it's not pealing any more, and when I used plain micrifiber cloth to try to polish it, it was even worse, so I just took waterproof marker painted that edge, and that's it. Now it's almost unnoticable. What I noticed is that paint used is verry poor quality, I can live with that. I doubt that any of you have some "special" painted plastic around the screen.
    I know that it was reported few times, that Bold 9000 had same problem, so it's nothing new for the Blackberry. I don't know is this a lone problem, but I have my doubt's.

Wonder is there a way to lock this thread.
    04-24-10 10:48 AM
    I just pealed a bit of colour from the plastic on the right side of the screen with my nail, it's not pealing any more, and when I used plain micrifiber cloth to try to polish it, it was even worse, so I just took waterproof marker painted that edge, and that's it. Now it's almost unnoticable. What I noticed is that paint used is verry poor quality, I can live with that. I doubt that any of you have some "special" painted plastic around the screen.
    I know that it was reported few times, that Bold 9000 had same problem, so it's nothing new for the Blackberry. I don't know is this a lone problem, but I have my doubt's.

Wonder is there a way to lock this thread.
    And now you are a paint expert.
    04-24-10 10:56 AM

43 with no problem, and some customers posted few times, for tousands devices sold that is amazing fact. Apple dont shi* your pants wahahahahahahaha
    04-24-10 12:05 PM
    And now you are a paint expert.
    No I'm stupidity expert, and I have heavy detection here
    04-24-10 12:08 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD