I got my Storm 2 new just few days ago, and the plastic next to the screen is pealing of, smal bit for now, but that just shows how bad plastic painting is used
    After this RIM = RIP
    04-22-10 01:40 PM
    I have put my phone, without a case, into various bags and pockets over and over and have had no issues. Are you putting them in the same area as keys/rough objects?
    04-22-10 01:49 PM
    Take it back. Used my S1 for a year and have had S2 since launch day and never had any peeling.
    04-22-10 01:53 PM
    have had S2 since launch day and never had any peeling.
    Same here. No issue with quality.
    04-22-10 01:59 PM
    The chrome bezel, or the actual plastic at the top and bottom? Sorry to hear that. Might be that one lemon.
    04-22-10 02:03 PM
    this current issue is happening to my friends phone as well, half of his side rubber/plastic fell off. ironic because i've dropped mine several times (has lots of dings/scratches on the back) and he treats his like a baby, and i've had zero problems with this. could just be a bum phone. my buddy is taking his back to verizon.
    04-22-10 02:04 PM
    I'm not crazy to cary it along with keys or something sharp, for me that would be the same like driving a car against the wall, it was always in pouch
    I don't have the option to take it back
    I'll stick around with it for some time... and that's it for blackberry.
    First and last.
    Disapointed...
    04-22-10 02:23 PM
    I'm not crazy to cary it along with keys or something sharp, for me that would be the same like driving a car against the wall, it was always in pouch
    First and last.
    Disapointed...
    Too bad it happened that way. Better luck with your next phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 02:25 PM
    Bought mine new, even got a refurbished unit. Other than the sticky keys issue, had no problems with 'peeling'.
    04-22-10 02:31 PM
    Sell it and buy a new phone. A Storm 2 can easily go for $350+ on Ebay/Craigslist.
    04-22-10 02:42 PM
    I got my Storm 2 new just few days ago, and the plastic next to the screen is pealing of, smal bit for now, but that just shows how bad plastic painting is used
    After this RIM = RIP
    our 2 storm2's are fine. u just have really bad luck.
    04-22-10 02:45 PM
    After this RIM = RIP

First and last.
    Disapointed...
    This is fishy. How can you get a phone "new in the last few days" and there is no "option to take it back"? Just curious.

To rejoin with others, I used both Original Storm and Storm 2 both at launch. The are still in pristine conditions. Hardware wise, they are very well-built. If your phone is deteriorating, I think you have a knock-off.
    04-22-10 02:49 PM
    This is fishy. How can you get a phone "new in the last few days" and there is no "option to take it back"? Just curious.

To rejoin with others, I used both Original Storm and Storm 2 both at launch. The are still in pristine conditions. Hardware wise, they are very well-built. If your phone is deteriorating, I think you have a knock-off.
    Well in my country officialy there is no Storm 2, so there are sellers that import it from other countries, if there is some serious issue I could return it.
    This is my first BB, had an iPhone 3g, Omnia HD...and I know what is "well built".
    Fishy thing, hardware wise, is the S1, that even RIM sad so. For me now S2 also.
    But for you it is verry well built? That's fishy R U RIM employee?
    "Knock-off", come on, are you serious?
    I'm not saying it's peeling like crazy, it's like 1mm, but I'm worried will it go further.
    Last edited by Nedooo; 04-22-10 at 03:19 PM.
    04-22-10 03:16 PM
    Well in my country officialy there is no Storm 2, so there are sellers that import it from other countries, if there is some serious issue I could return it.
    This is my first BB, had an iPhone 3g, Omnia HD...and I know what is "well built".
    Fishy thing, hardware wise, is the S1, that even RIM sad so. For me now S2 also.
    But for you it is verry well built? That's fishy R U RIM employee?
    "Knock-off", come on, are you serious?
    I'm not saying it's peeling like crazy, it's like 1mm, but I'm worried will it go further.
    It being a "knock-off" is very possible, although perhaps not the entire phone. Parts like the bezel can be bought online, and the quality varies depending on which website you go to. It very well could be a second hand model that was bought for cheap due to a damaged casing, and replaced with cheap parts.
    04-22-10 05:02 PM
    ...had S2 since launch day and never had any peeling.
    Same here, mine looks like new!
    04-22-10 05:17 PM
    I am sorry I work around Blackberries and I have never seen one "peal" before, and the people who have them are anything but gentle with them.

I call a trout.
    04-22-10 05:22 PM
    Trout?
    04-22-10 05:24 PM
    /me slaps paulwright1 around a bit with a large trout.
    04-22-10 05:36 PM
    Trout?
    trout as in fishy...
    04-22-10 05:42 PM
    Trout?
    hey man how ya been anyway? been awhile
    04-22-10 05:42 PM
    /me slaps paulwright1 around a bit with a large trout.
    yummy! I love me some fresh fish

trout as in fishy...
    doh! Ok ok now I get it!

hey man how ya been anyway? been awhile

Ive been good. Just spending time on my own site. The mods and I didnt seem to get along very well here at CB so I took a break for a while.
    04-22-10 06:08 PM
    Ive been good. Just spending time on my own site. The mods and I didnt seem to get along very well here at CB so I took a break for a while.
    yea but most of em is good people. I haven't visited Droidberry in awhile, been busy busy with school an work will have to stop in.
    04-22-10 06:28 PM
    I thought the Storm 2 was one of the best built BBs next to the Bold 9000 and Bold 9700.
    04-22-10 08:08 PM
    no peeling here
    04-22-10 08:32 PM
    My S2 build quality is outstanding. Flawless, really. Couldn't be happier.
    04-22-10 08:48 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD