I am reading this thread because I am fascinated with the Storm 2; I have never owned one but I have read a good bit about them. As we know one can't believe everything we run across,

I do know that BlackBerry put a lot into that phone and I am sure it is a good product!

The name 'Storm' use to get my attention, I am sure that was a play on words shall we say; taking the iPhone by a Storm.....!
    emkay47 likes this.
    10-14-13 07:35 PM
    You won't be able to use BBM or BB email without BIS.

You should be able to surf the internet and browse any site on wifi - are you using the native browser ?

Go to settings / advanced / browser / select hotspot press BB key and save.
    I probably should have figured that part out sooner, lol. Yep, was using the native browser and everything but honestly, I didn't really give it much patience now that I'm used to the speed of the BB10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:32 PM
    I probably should have figured that part out sooner, lol. Yep, was using the native browser and everything but honestly, I didn't really give it much patience now that I'm used to the speed of the BB10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    You are so right about it being slowwww !
    I would hardly use it - was always on Opera Mini.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-15-13 12:06 PM
    I still have my Storm 2. I never sold it because of the sentimental value and the fact that I still have it hooked up really nicely. I still use it occasionally to listen to Pandora or TuneIn. It can also make voice calls on BBM over WiFi since it's no longer associated with any type of data plan.

Great phone. I'd rather keep it than get $50 for it on eBay.
    I sold my Storm 2, in perfect condition, a few weeks ago for 80$ + shipping on eBay. I didn't use it anymore, so, rather than seeing it collecting dust, I made that decision. A great device, anyway. (Now I use a Z10).
    10-28-13 01:01 PM
    I can't even sell mine for $60 on the Bay, mint with free shipping. May have to keep it as a collector!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    10-28-13 03:15 PM
    Here! Keeping the faith
    11-08-13 02:30 AM
    I still hv my Storm2 with me... although I can't use the screen anymore for keying or typing... Storm2 gave up on me after I gave my love to the 2 9860s which follows by z10. Now... my Stormy only let me use it's camera function @ the fixed resolution which I had set in the past... :sad:
    11-08-13 02:48 AM
    I still have my Storm 2, and occasionally I fire it up for old times sake.

Once I actually managed to drive over it in my car! It had slipped out of my pocket as I got in, and I didn't notice. I moved forward a bit, and felt the car roll over something. I got out and to my horror, realised what had happened. thankfully the only damage was an obliterated screen. I bought a replacement screen on ebay and much to my surprise it fired up again and still works to this day. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking lol

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:12 PM
    Sold my Storm years ago to a friend.

CB10 - Q10
    02-09-14 05:26 PM
    My Storm 2 has a cracked screen. I ordered a replacement on Amazon last week. I will fix it myself & let my kids use it as a mini tablet to play games, etc. I still love that phone!

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    02-25-14 07:18 PM
    I found my old love AGAIN!!! She compliments my 10 quite well thank you! I am now looking for a call block app, Do you have one?
    After all these years of cursing the darkness I had an idea to fire up the ol girl and well its like a second wedding and well I'm still on the horny moon!
    I have a Verizon using under T-Mo and she acts better using T-Mo than the original carrier.
    I like it as a second line however had to roll back a few versions to get all to work on T-Mo, T-Mo don't really want to see any other phone on thier system but I'm loving it and the rates too!
    She's a bit muddy on my Blue Ant but I just try to overcome by speaking louder till I can get more green stamps.
    So Yea we are still here!!!
    04-01-14 09:59 PM
    I still have mine but it is lost somewhere in my house, I have been looking for it for months. I stopped using it when I picked up a Z10. I sti miss the clicking screen.
    04-06-14 09:34 PM
    What I really miss is my old apps that I paid for saved to my laptop then by mistake destroyed. Does anybody know a good site that may still have a few on there server? I have the codes to many of my apps many did not need them but the few that do I really liked. Just trying to spruce the ol girl up a bit. I had a app called privacy manager that blockeed calls pretty good if memeory serves me right. I have been all ove the net and well paying 7 bucks in the app store all over again is not a happy prospect.
    I have tracked backed up CD's no dice. I like to hear the click and watch others as they turn and look in a quiet room because I know I'm bug'n the hell out of em!
    04-09-14 05:20 PM
    I still have the "original" Storm. After four replacements for a variety of issues (not my doing) I finally got one that worked. Keeping it as a collectors item complete all the accessories.
    04-09-14 05:59 PM
    Yup still here, in my personal opinion to date, it is still one of the best touch screen phone. I absolutely love the screen, that's the sole reason for my purchase of a brand new unlock storm 2 9550. Going to use it as a business phone, so I only need it for calls and texting and of course email.

I will again say, best touch screen on a cell phone ever. I wish blackberry didn't go full ****** and kept the storm line going. IMO
    06-06-14 11:09 AM
    Yup still here, in my personal opinion to date, it is still one of the best touch screen phone. I absolutely love the screen, that's the sole reason for my purchase of a brand new unlock storm 2 9550. Going to use it as a business phone, so I only need it for calls and texting and of course email.

I will again say, best touch screen on a cell phone ever. I wish blackberry didn't go full ****** and kept the storm line going. IMO
    Blackberry Z10! Or better yet, a Z30! Both are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 08:46 PM
    My Storm 2 has a cracked screen. I ordered a replacement on Amazon last week. I will fix it myself & let my kids use it as a mini tablet to play games, etc. I still love that phone!

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    I just got around to replacing the screen on my Storm2 today, and it still works perfectly!! That was one awesome device! I'm sure my boys will enjoy it.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    08-11-14 10:53 PM
    I have a Q10 a Z10 and a Bold 9930 and love them all. I switch weekly or when I want to change things up for a few days.

I loved the Sure Press so much back in the day, I am contemplating buying a Storm 2 on Ebay to put into my BlackBerry mix....

Who else still occasionally rocks the Storm 2? And should I waste the few bucks and time?

Posted via BB10
    Yes!! I'm here... it is my main device... until tomorrow when my new unlocked Z30 will arrive!!

Unfortunately I won't be able to come back as my Storm 2 is giving the last signs of life. For nearly 4 it is impresive it is still working, but now when I try to use an app, the device crashes and restarts or sometimes won't restart for some painful hours (and it is not the battery, the battery has more or less one year I re-bought it.

Goodbye Storm 2, Welcome Z30

PS. I loved too the surepress, after using the playbook I think it is more practical not having it. Eventhough it felt really nice to type in surpress.
    08-18-14 06:07 PM
    Dusted off my Storm2 ,inserted my Bis enabled Sim and started it up .

Used it for the evening.
    Removed the Sim and restarted.

The thing is now working without a Sim on wifi with Bis enabled !

I am able to receive email and bbm also functions !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9520 using Tapatalk
    08-24-14 04:28 PM
    I dug out my Storm 2. I was a big fan of the phone, even while everyone was slamming it for Surepress. I loved it. But when I tried to use it, I found it wouldn't take a charge. So at the moment I am waiting for a new battery. I swap phones a lot but I am not sure how I am going to work that with the 9550 - I apparently cannot simply swap SIM cards between it and my new phones.

However if it turns out to be the case that I cannot use the phone I suspect I will be giving it away. But I do hope I can get it into rotation. I sued to think it was a big phone but compared to anything available now it's very compact, which is attractive. Plus the 9550 has the best speaker of any phone I've ever used.
    08-25-14 07:20 AM
    I tried to fire up my Storm 2 and it wouldn't start. So I thought what the heck, I'll throw some money at it and buy a new battery. So I found a real RIM battery, bought and installed it. It started right up! Now i want to use it - but I can't just stuff any old SIM in there. My 4G SIMs for Verizon apparently do not play well with the Storm 2. Any suggestions? I'd like to use it at least some times. Or, if anyone here would like the phone let me know.
    08-27-14 02:15 PM
    I tried to fire up my Storm 2 and it wouldn't start. So I thought what the heck, I'll throw some money at it and buy a new battery. So I found a real RIM battery, bought and installed it. It started right up! Now i want to use it - but I can't just stuff any old SIM in there. My 4G SIMs for Verizon apparently do not play well with the Storm 2. Any suggestions? I'd like to use it at least some times. Or, if anyone here would like the phone let me know.
    What problem are you having with the sim ?
    08-27-14 03:15 PM
    What problem are you having with the sim ?
    The SIM I use is for 4G phones. I may be wrong, but what I've been told is that this SIM is not supported in a phone like the 9550. I asked a Verizon tech and some folks here a while back. So I can't simply swap my SIM into the Storm.
    08-27-14 05:18 PM
    Last night I found my old Storm 2 and now using it as my daily driver until I can upgrade. Someone gave me their old iPhone and I couldn't take it any longer.

Just waiting for the Blackberry data pack to be enabled but still feels exciting to be back even on such an old handset.
    08-27-14 06:02 PM
    Storm 1 and Storm 2

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    10-04-14 07:37 AM
68 123