I have a Q10 a Z10 and a Bold 9930 and love them all. I switch weekly or when I want to change things up for a few days.

I loved the Sure Press so much back in the day, I am contemplating buying a Storm 2 on Ebay to put into my BlackBerry mix....

Who else still occasionally rocks the Storm 2? And should I waste the few bucks and time?

Posted via BB10
    emkay47 likes this.
    09-27-13 10:39 PM
    the way things are going your z10 will be worth as much as the storm 2 in a few days :/ so why not? Go for it lol
    09-27-13 10:48 PM
    I have a Q10 a Z10 and a Bold 9930 and love them all. I switch weekly or when I want to change things up for a few days.

I loved the Sure Press so much back in the day, I am contemplating buying a Storm 2 on Ebay to put into my BlackBerry mix....

Who else still occasionally rocks the Storm 2? And should I waste the few bucks and time?

Posted via BB10
    Oh how I miss the surepress actuators. You know when the key hit!

I just bequeathed my 9550 with bunches of bits to tag along just three days ago. So far she likes it. It's her first BB, and she learning the gui logic and she's now eyeing my PB as in can they talk to each other???? And I just now realized I have to find her one of her own before one of mine get "liberated"......

They are still out there, but I will stick with OS 7.xxx for now. Waiting for Bridge to be desired to full functionality. Then I will upgrade regardless of longterm platform viability........

C

It was my first BB device, I fell in love. Now I sport a 9850 Torch and 2 PB 64 gb units.
    09-27-13 10:56 PM
    the way things are going your z10 will be worth as much as the storm 2 in a few days :/ so why not? Go for it lol
    Nostalgia is a good term also.....

C
    09-27-13 10:57 PM
    I'm a Storm 2 owner. Still here. Going strong!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, dmsbang and banana_512 like this.
    09-27-13 11:19 PM
    Still have mine safely stowed away in my bedside drawer. Actually two, but the other is my fiancee's. We're both Z10 users now.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-27-13 11:31 PM
    Stormgasm

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:34 PM
    Yes , still have a Storm 2 .
    Very sturdy & unique device.
    Like the screen size compared to my 9900 .
    10-02-13 04:41 PM
    I ordered one off Ebay, should be here Friday...I love having multiple BB's and switch them up now and again. Keeps things fresh!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    10-02-13 05:00 PM
    Oh yeah, Sure Press is back...for this week at least!

Sent via the Legendary Storm 2
    10-04-13 08:58 PM
    That's awesome. Maybe I will switch back to the Storm this week too.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-05-13 06:08 AM
    Weird thing for Verizon...i could not update the software to the newest bundle because it was creating an error with the voice command convenience key and the options wrench icon. I could not get in them.

So i downgraded to the bundle prior to that...

I probably have no business using this device right now over my Q10 Z10 And 9930, but oh well...

10-05-13 12:58 PM
    I am probably beating a very old drum here, but is there a way to play music videos on the 9550?

You Tube mobile wont play vevo music videos, the desktop site needs flash, and vevo mobile wont work on native browser or opera.

?

10-05-13 03:11 PM
    I am probably beating a very old drum here, but is there a way to play music videos on the 9550?

You Tube mobile wont play vevo music videos, the desktop site needs flash, and vevo mobile wont work on native browser or opera.

?

I could play music videos from YouTube just fine on my old 9550 using the YouTube app, not sure if there was any issues with Vevo videos.

10-05-13 05:03 PM
    Unfortunately, now all music vids on YT are official Vevo vids and it will only play them on a PC...

I guess the Storm 2 is getting too old!

10-05-13 05:29 PM
    Unfortunately, now all music vids on YT are official Vevo vids and it will only play them on a PC...

I guess the Storm 2 is getting too old!

Lol yeah, it's what, 4 years old now?

10-05-13 05:43 PM
    Well I don't only own a Storm 2 9550 but am using it. Was hoping to find a new hybrid here. Guess no one got a hint?

(Anyone wanna buy a Storm 2 9550?)
    10-07-13 01:53 PM
    For YouTube try going to youtube.com/html5 then try watching vids from the desktop site. Worth a shot. There was a good 1 or 2 YouTube apps in app world too, like player for youtube
    10-07-13 02:38 PM
    The desktop site will not work on the 9550, and although YouTube does work...it is still those Vevo official music videos that will only play on the desktop PC.

What I dont understand is why the Vevo mobile site wont play on this device...

10-09-13 03:44 AM
    I had a blackberry storm 1 once until I dropped it in my soup ..
    It was a great phone .. will buy one again when I will have money .. great camera speaker quality and battery

sent from my Blackberry using my fingers
    10-09-13 04:34 AM
    I still have my Storm 2. I never sold it because of the sentimental value and the fact that I still have it hooked up really nicely. I still use it occasionally to listen to Pandora or TuneIn. It can also make voice calls on BBM over WiFi since it's no longer associated with any type of data plan.

Great phone. I'd rather keep it than get $50 for it on eBay.
    10-12-13 05:47 PM
    Mine sits on my computer disk, waiting for its chance to get back in the game. I originally intended to buy a 32GB micro SD card for it and use it as an mp3 player for my car, but I haven't done it.

One thing that is a little annoying - the wifi doesn't really work on it. I can't get on to the Internet with it, even connected to my home network.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 04:03 PM
    Mine sits on my computer disk, waiting for its chance to get back in the game. I originally intended to buy a 32GB micro SD card for it and use it as an mp3 player for my car, but I haven't done it.

One thing that is a little annoying - the wifi doesn't really work on it. I can't get on to the Internet with it, even connected to my home network.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't connect at all ?
    Or it connects & drops the signal ?
    Please explain.
    10-14-13 05:49 PM
    Mine doesn't connect either, I assumed it was because it was a CDMA (Verizon) device and needed some sort of provider registered with the device. I can turn on wifi and connect to a network, but can't browse the Internet, use apps, or use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:08 PM
    Mine doesn't connect either, I assumed it was because it was a CDMA (Verizon) device and needed some sort of provider registered with the device. I can turn on wifi and connect to a network, but can't browse the Internet, use apps, or use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    You won't be able to use BBM or BB email without BIS.

You should be able to surf the internet and browse any site on wifi - are you using the native browser ?

Go to settings / advanced / browser / select hotspot press BB key and save.
    10-14-13 07:16 PM
68 123