ok Since Verizon abandoned Storm 1 and actually released updates for Storm 2 can they be tweaked to use on the Storm 1? Or is it a matter of getting the radio to work right and etc? I am going to a Droid in a few weeks anyway but would still like to play around with the Storm once I do that.
    06-20-10 11:11 AM
    The storm 2 OS will not work on the storm 1. There are files from both that can be used for each one and that's why there is hybrids out there. Try one of the storm 1 hybrids that are over at BBHybrids.net.
    06-20-10 11:17 AM
    I am running the .519 with hybrid and it works great was just curious
    06-20-10 11:25 AM
    Short answer, if you have to ask then no you can't....
    06-20-10 11:38 AM
    No one said Verizon has abandoned the Storm 1 (although a lot of you are really good at thinking it, just because they haven't upgraded in a few months). Man I love how these assumptions keep being made. You know what? Enjoy your Droid (which by the way is already old technology as well, unless you get the newest and greatest Android phone).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 11:39 AM
    No one said Verizon has abandoned the Storm 1 (although a lot of you are really good at thinking it, just because they haven't upgraded in a few months). Man I love how these assumptions keep being made. You know what? Enjoy your Droid (which by the way is already old technology as well, unless you get the newest and greatest Android phone).

You really think Verizon will release another official update for the 9530? I think after all this time of having seen nothing in the works, no leaks for 9530 OS, we are pretty safe to say the device is on the back burner.

Yes - the Droid may be outmatched compared to some of the other available Android devices, it is far from "old" technology, and will still continue to receive updates.
    06-20-10 11:44 AM
    The point is, you can't say Verizon has abandoned the Storm. No one can. I seriously hate it when people start off posts like this with stupid assumptions. The Storm is an older device and if you look at OS upgrade schedules for other devices, they also dwindle, but that doesn't mean they're done altogether. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon released another OS upgrade later this summer. Doesn't mean it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

And yes, the Droid is already old in comparison to newer devices like the Incredible. Don't forget, the upgrades to the Droid are just around the corner, and they've been spotted with Verizon branding and everything already. If you think the Droid will continue to get regular upgrades after those devices are released, you're deluded. It the same thing as the Storm. It will still get upgrades, but no where near as often as you'd like.

06-20-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD