04-21-10 12:55 PM
46 12
tools
    In the world of touchscreen smartphones, I don't believe the S2 is getting the respect t deserves.

I used to own a 3g, then a 3GS, until I decided to join the dark side when I lost my 3GS. Went through 3 BBs in 2 months and now in lovin my S2. I can honestly say, the S2 is better than the 3GS.

So I don't know why, maybe perhaps of its previous version's reputation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 02:50 PM
    I agree it was probably the reputation of the first one but for me personally the Storm 2 is great.
    04-17-10 02:57 PM
    previous version does give the entire storm line a bad rep. But i agree the storm 2 is a great device and probably underestimated. I know i have wowed a couple people with what it can do.
    04-17-10 02:59 PM
    I don't see that it really matters lol, if you like it, use it!

04-17-10 03:01 PM
    Am I a bad person for wanting an iphone? I love my BB but some days not so much and I just want something different. I've even contemplated selling my S2 and getting the droid incredible when it comes out.. It looks and sounds really cool.

04-17-10 04:56 PM
    really cool would be really cool if I just wanted an MPx player that makes phone calls. BB is lifeline to Enterprise, although I do believe that RIM had better stay on it's toes.

With rumors of the S3 coming out on VZW 4G network, THAT could be the iphone killer. Slightly larger screen and slim it down a bit more wouldn't hurt. Bring out flash and a couple of other "i want em but can live without em" functions and iphone will become just what I mentioned above.
    04-17-10 05:09 PM
    I tried the iphone 3G for a year before I got the Storm2. I like the Storm2 better.
    I gave the iphone to my wife.
    04-17-10 05:12 PM
    All i wish for on my storm2 is the ability to play flash. I love my storm2 and liked my storm1 and will love my storm3 next!
    04-17-10 05:18 PM
    Am I a bad person for wanting an iphone? I love my BB but some days not so much and I just want something different. I've even contemplated selling my S2 and getting the droid incredible when it comes out.. It looks and sounds really cool.

yes your a bad person
    04-17-10 05:23 PM
    Bingo, EXACTLY the correct response. I honestly think some people actually "worry" about what others may think of their phone choice. Peer pressure, I guess, something that's more prevalent with those who are younger than those who are older (I do remember those days).

The Storm 2 has plenty of fans and I simply disregard any comments bashing it, as the simpleton taunts of the schoolyard bully.

I don't see that it really matters lol, if you like it, use it!

04-17-10 05:30 PM
    I agree with the op. The S2 is overlooked and under estimated.
    04-17-10 05:30 PM
    I don't think it should be compared to the iPhone or Anroid in the first place. The only thing these phones would have in common would be the touch screen. Other than that, the Storm2 is pretty much a BlackBerry to the core. I hope it never becomes like another iClone.
    04-17-10 05:49 PM
    definitely underestimated, but some people are just not blackberry people...they will never understand
    04-17-10 06:24 PM
    That's actually it...since my 1st iPhone I said "When BB comes out with a touch phone ill be the first to get it." simply cause I know the power of Blackberries. But unfortunately Storm 1 was the biggest disappointment IMO. Storm 2 is definitely the best of both worlds for me... But I think for it to get over the Storm 1 damage, it almost has to change its name. Maybe the slider will fix it.

04-17-10 08:07 PM
    I think the concept of the Storm lineup is great. I LOVE the clickable touch screen. I just wish the RIM would put forth the effort to make it run as fluidly as the iPhone. The reason I found myself missing my iPhone was that I was frustrated with the Storm 2 not working the way it should. At times it would slow down, regardless of which OS I had loaded on it. If one problem was solved with a new OS, a different one would appear as well. My screen would get stuck, or double click. Worst of all was the how poorly the majority of the applications worked with the phone. I could count on one hand the amount of applications that truly worked the way they were intended to. I think if the majority of you Storm users can relate to at least some of my experiences.
    I have really high hopes for the S3 as it will hopefully ship with a new, fresh OS as well as a kick *** browser. Only then would I consider going back to the Storm lineup over the iPhone.

Oh and I didn't just have these problems with one Storm 2, I had it replaced three times for a brand new model before being fed up.
    04-17-10 08:36 PM
    I think the BB OS kinda limits the storm series. It will be interesting to see what 6.0 will bring. It also does not help that you can only get it on Verizon. I'm on sprint and I would love to try the storm but Verizon has it locked down. Look at what android and now palm (a little too late) is doing on ALL platforms. That is the only way to compete with the "other" phone.
    04-17-10 08:45 PM
    I call the S2 the Rodney Dangerfield of Smartphones - no respect.
    04-17-10 08:56 PM
    Played with a Storm but I like the iPhone much better. BB just isn't my cup of tea.
    04-17-10 09:00 PM
    definitely underestimated, but some people are just not blackberry people...they will never understand
    I completely agree. Thing is, some people will never even give BB a chance. They think anything with a decent "app" store makes it a great phone.
    04-17-10 09:08 PM
    What part of BIGGER SCREEN don't people understand? I have friends with iPHONES that think it is normal not be able to use them at home or at work. Shoot, Apple is trying to figure out how to get their users to spring for boosters without generating a lot of ill will. Doctor Neutron
    04-17-10 09:14 PM
    I think the concept of the Storm lineup is great. I LOVE the clickable touch screen. I just wish the RIM would put forth the effort to make it run as fluidly as the iPhone. The reason I found myself missing my iPhone was that I was frustrated with the Storm 2 not working the way it should. At times it would slow down, regardless of which OS I had loaded on it. If one problem was solved with a new OS, a different one would appear as well. My screen would get stuck, or double click. Worst of all was the how poorly the majority of the applications worked with the phone. I could count on one hand the amount of applications that truly worked the way they were intended to. I think if the majority of you Storm users can relate to at least some of my experiences.
    I have really high hopes for the S3 as it will hopefully ship with a new, fresh OS as well as a kick *** browser. Only then would I consider going back to the Storm lineup over the iPhone.

Oh and I didn't just have these problems with one Storm 2, I had it replaced three times for a brand new model before being fed up.
    I totally agree with this except the clickable screen. I likes how the toucjscreen worked on the iPhone without the need to fully click the screen like a button. I hope RIM comes out with an almost kickass touchscreen phone when 4g comes out...cause I'm gonna miss the bbm capability.

04-17-10 09:30 PM
    I prefer nonclickable touchscreens
    04-17-10 09:39 PM
    I'm still within my 30 days for the S2, the only thought is the battery life. My Tour had way better battery life, but my iphone, Tp2 and other friends who have big screens don't fare so well in the battery life department either. My WinMo friends love their devices, I'm not really a WinMo type of guy. The BlackBerry just works.
    04-17-10 11:26 PM
    I have the storm 2 and a moto droid, the droid is in a desk drawer incase I break my storm2, my wife has the moto droid also, but she likes it. Our new toy is the ipad ..tell you what, that thing is cool as ****...you dont need an iphone if you have an ipad.
    but ya the storm2 is way under rated. Verizon didnt do as much advertising for it as they did the storm1 and now I think people got soured on it.
    04-18-10 03:20 AM

No, you're human. We all need change sometimes. For me a big change was from the keyboarded BB to the touch screen BB. For me, all the KBed BBs are all the same, regardless of their specs. They're all in similar form factor, and have the same features (almost) (all the same os, similar camera, issues, etc).

Don't worry Sometimes I look at cool new phones like the HD2, Nokia N900, the HTC Desire and stuff and they're cool new gadgets and I always look at them and think "They'll never do what I NEED.... to keep in touch a full 24 hours on a battery" lol. I used that app ILoveBlackBerry and i'm usually between 5-7 hours a day on my phone. My iphone went caput after about 5 hours each time. My Omnia did last a little longer, and my Xperia lasted about half a day. They're all cool new phones (well, not the ones i've had NOW, but at the time yeah) and they don't let me message all day BB has a well functioning OS with TONS of personalizing (tones, and settings, take that Palm) and a great Messaging platform (email, IM, BBM). And a SOLID battery life (The storm is my first that doesn't last all all day, but with the seidio 2600 it does), looking at the 8900, 9000, 9700 especially.

But we always need change And it's cool to change up the cases, wallpapers, blah blah blah. But don't feel bad for wanting to change out sometimes :P The thing is that... well.... You'll be back! I always am
    04-18-10 04:39 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD