Hey folks. I'm another newbie to Blackberry. I recently got a Storm 2 (9550) for my wife and myself. I've only had it a few days, but really like it so far.

I am in the process of getting all of my contacts moved into my Storm from my Treo 650. If any of you have any simple methods, please share. Right now my plan is to export from Palm to a csv file and into Outlook, then import from Outlook to my Storm...

But I had another question about transferring info from one Storm to another. If I have a contact in my Storm that my wife would like in hers, can I send it from Storm to Storm??? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Bryan
    04-20-10 07:45 AM
    I went from a Treo 700 to a blackberry and what worked for me was this. I sync my treo to outlook and then just sycn my blackberry to outlook afterwards.
    04-20-10 08:01 AM
    And yes, transferring contacts from one BB to another is easy.
    04-20-10 08:37 AM
    You can send individual addresses via email as an attachment
    from your address book by highlighting an address, press the
    menu key, & scoll down to Send As Attachment. The recipient
    can then download the attachment into their address book.
    My wife & I do this frequently. Hope this helps.
    04-20-10 08:49 AM
    You might try the Switch Device wizard in DM. I've never used it to transfer data from a non bb phone, but it had an option for that.
    04-20-10 09:24 AM
    You might try the Switch Device wizard in DM. I've never used it to transfer data from a non bb phone, but it had an option for that.
    I used it to transfer from a WinMo deivce to a BB - worked no problem.
    Can't imagine a Trio would be any different....
    04-20-10 09:29 AM
    would bluetooth do this as well, on the storm 2? thanks
    04-20-10 03:28 PM
    Hey folks. I just wanted to let you know I used the Switch Device wizard in DM and it worked very good... it didn't convert everything 100% but it put all my contacts in. All I have to do is to clean it up a little...

So thanks for the help!!!

Bryan
    04-26-10 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD