Hello and thank you for taking time to read this thread. I am a new BB user (a little over a month) as well as new to these forums so please be gentle w/ me.

I am writing this today as I'm looking for some answers that either I'm clearly overlooking or its just as confusing to decide. So Ive come to you looking for these answers or to help sway my decision. Reason I am posting here is because this is my phone the Storm2 and who better to give the answers than the users who actually have my phone specifically.

1. I chose the BB from a business standpoint as it seems to be the most integrated for business use which I am in Wholesale/Retail distribution [self employed]. W/ that said one thing that attracted me was the BB Presenter as I am constantly using presentations and such for client meetings and for use in my sales pitches.

My question is how compatible is the Strom2 and the BB presenter and is it worth the investment? (for anyone who uses it or used it).. I guess second question which would probably need to go into the accessory forums is : Is the BB presenter Limited in what it can present?

2. Right in line w/ first part, ... I've looked all over, read the reviews and stayed confused. so maybe u can help. ... I need some apps that allow me to read and zip files, open PDFs, and of course the PPoints .. Suggestion for the BEST and most compatible apps for the Storm2? (in regards to PDF's Zips and Presentation software)

3. I notice we have a mini word and excel type program, i have yet to use these but was wondering of the compatibility of the current office suite and the upcoming one 2010 w/ these mini versions. Is there an actual app that's more compatible or better to use that i can buy ?

4. The best and most compatible apps for Battery Optimizing, and Memory Boosting / management? Ive read reviews and this is why im very split on these as very few actually mentioned the Storm 2. some input from actual storm 2 users would be great so i can get these going on my phone.

5. Vlingo? Is it worth it and everything its cracked up to be? Ive seriously been considering this ... and is it highly compatible w/ our phone?

Guess for now this is a good start and want to thank you again for taking time to read this post and really thank you if you reply to it.
    05-25-10 11:17 AM
    2. Right in line w/ first part, ... I've looked all over, read the reviews and stayed confused. so maybe u can help. ... I need some apps that allow me to read and zip files, open PDFs, and of course the PPoints .. Suggestion for the BEST and most compatible apps for the Storm2? (in regards to PDF's Zips and Presentation software)
    I use FileScout when I need to work with ZIP files. There is a free and paid version.

As far as PDF and PowerPoint, try Documents To Go. It works great for me, but your needs may vary. It's a little pricey at $50, but there is a free trial. I'd recommend making a small purchase from MobiHand (like maybe FileScout) and use the coupon MobiHand sends you to get 20% off Documents To Go.

3. I notice we have a mini word and excel type program, i have yet to use these but was wondering of the compatibility of the current office suite and the upcoming one 2010 w/ these mini versions. Is there an actual app that's more compatible or better to use that i can buy ?
    You are probably referring to the preinstalled version of Documents To Go that came on your BB. It is read only. Try the premium version and see if it fits your needs.

4. The best and most compatible apps for Battery Optimizing, and Memory Boosting / management? Ive read reviews and this is why im very split on these as very few actually mentioned the Storm 2. some input from actual storm 2 users would be great so i can get these going on my phone.
    Most of the so called battery and memory optimization apps are phoney. I would recommend, however, MeterBerry. It's on sale right now for $2. Don't even think about it, just buy it. It will give you useful information like your battery discharge rate, memory bleed rate, and will let you reboot your device without taking off the battery cover. If you are really worried about memory performance, get the free QuickPull and schedule a daily overnight reboot.
    05-25-10 02:42 PM
    You don't need quickpull for the daily reboot if you're getting Meterberry. It has that function built in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 02:48 PM
    You don't need quickpull for the daily reboot if you're getting Meterberry. It has that function built in.

Good point. I'd completely forgotten about that feature. Thanks for the reminder.

05-25-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD