Hi All,
    My Storm broke and looking for another phone. I'm buying used and wondering if the Storm 2 is worth the extra money (based on performance) over a Storm 1 running a Lyric hybrid OS. If its worth the money I'll buy it, if not I'll save $150.
    Thanks!!
    Cruz.
    06-27-10 08:27 PM
    i have had my storm 2 for a few months..i think its 10 times better than the 1. the screen is much more responsive with the new technology. i can type probably twice as fast as i could on my 1. my wife still has the 1 and i hate typing on it now..plus wifi is fun to have
    06-27-10 08:49 PM
    The storm 2 is a much better device than the storm 1. The screen alone is awesome to type on plus much more memory. Also you get wifi which speeds things up! And hopefully we get Os 6.0 in a few months which will include the new web kit browser. If you liked the first storm you will love the storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:51 PM
    Hi All,
    My Storm broke and looking for another phone. I'm buying used and wondering if the Storm 2 is worth the extra money (based on performance) over a Storm 1 running a Lyric hybrid OS. If its worth the money I'll buy it, if not I'll save $150.
    Thanks!!
    Cruz.
    i am just curious...how did your storm1 died?

well...if you ever like or love your storm1...then....i think storm2 will be a choice...i mean.. if u are a serious bb user....afterall its...2 right? suppose to be better than 1...storm3? never hear a single wind about it coming soon...

anyway...OS6 is coming....flash is coming for storm too....i hope by dec..

sorry but i love my storm2 a lot so....its up to you to decide...consider now have iphone4..even though they say u need a bumper...or that droid x?

oh come on...we all love storm2 for a reason...cuz..its a bb! messaging is great...bbm is great...surepress is great for me.
    06-27-10 08:51 PM
    Yes it is.
    06-27-10 09:03 PM
    speaker dont work. I tried replacing it but still no worky.
    06-27-10 09:04 PM
    speaker dont work. I tried replacing it but still no worky.
    oh gosh...so the phone is still in a working condition just without the speaker? where did you get the replacement done? and how much it cost you?

how do u intend to deal with this working phone?
    06-27-10 09:07 PM
    I got the speaker on Ebay and installed t myself. Its 6 screws and the speaker just slides right in the old space. I'll probably sell it on Ebay or somewhere similar.
    06-27-10 09:11 PM
    I got the speaker on Ebay and installed t myself. Its 6 screws and the speaker just slides right in the old space. I'll probably sell it on Ebay or somewhere similar.
    well.. i think u are doing the right thing..sell the phone in ebay...at least u get some cash back....but make sure your phone description indicated wats wrong with the phone ya? also the pin is deregister from your existing telco before you pass it to the new guy..he will be sad if the pin can't be register...

good luck to you there.. hope you get a phone you like...

i love my storm2...actually i wondering..how many storm2 user are guys and how many are girls out there...

so far...for me..in singapore...hardly see storm2 user cuz bb is more for corporate user...i got my bb as end user..personal use...i ever saw in a train...a pretty girl using bb storm2. sitting right beside me. and this young man...woo he got an iphone and storm2 and well i dont know.. he got 3 phones...busy school boy ya...

my gf like bb too.. i am getting her a bb for our anniversary next year...so...i am not sure if she will like a storm2...but i think she have no objection of a bold series...but again..i love storm2...so maybe she will want it too...

wont be getting a new one.. probably off from ebay too...but i am careful in what i getting.
    06-27-10 09:19 PM
    Yes, S2 is way better than S1 ever was! This is what they should have come out with in the first place. They would have saved themselves the bad rap the S1 earned them! I've had BOTH since they were first released and LOVE the S2!!!
    Last edited by chasvs; 06-28-10 at 08:16 AM.
    06-28-10 08:12 AM
    It's like night and day, mostly due to double the memory and better screen. If your buying it aftermarket, then go for it, but whatever you do, do not extend your contract 2 years for it as the S3 will probably be out by the end of the year.
    06-28-10 08:17 AM
    wait for the s3.
    06-28-10 03:26 PM
    Can't speak for the S1. But the S2 has so much potential still. It will be able to run OS6 and the improvement seen on each 5.0.0.xxx release is beyond what You would expect from pure OS upgrades.

Coming from the Bold series it took me a while to get used to SurePress, but it is fr......ing great with this device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 03:45 PM
    sure press is great, but improvement with each OS release?
    06-28-10 03:55 PM
    well...if you ever like or love your storm1...then....i think storm2 will be a choice...i mean.. if u are a serious bb user....afterall its...2 right? suppose to be better than 1...storm3?

I want a Storm 11... because everybody knows that eleven is better than ten.

06-28-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD