Can we hope that storm 2 iwill be with a side sliding keyboard,?
    04-13-09 04:42 AM
    You can hope that.....

If you really want a phone with a touch screen and a slide out keyboard, there are a ton of HTC's that are like that. The Storm with a slide out keyboard would make it heavier than it already is, as well as thicker. Thumbs down in my opinion.

Can I ask why you would want that?
    04-13-09 04:55 AM
    Well i love the Storm screen Size for media , and i really missed my Curve Keyboard ... that can be the perfect BB for a lot of people i guess ...
    04-13-09 05:00 AM
    noooo i hate touchscreen phones WITH keyboard.
    in my opinion they should just improve the surepress technology and go for a full touchscreen blackberry WITHOUT a keyboard.
    04-13-09 05:22 AM
    Thumbs down in my opinion.
    I'm with ya there!
    04-13-09 05:30 AM
    I'm with ya there!
    i will ditto this sentiment. slide out keyboards are for highschoolers to use to take dirty pictures and text to each other.
    04-13-09 05:36 AM
    i will ditto this sentiment. slide out keyboards are for highschoolers to use to take dirty pictures and text to each other.
    i'm not with you, it's allow you to have a big keyboard !
    04-13-09 06:32 AM
    The phone is big and heavy enough IMO, so no for me
    04-13-09 06:35 AM
    but they can adjust the design , and introduce it , don't you think ..... well a new storm ..lol
    04-13-09 06:38 AM
    There is no way that they can get it to stay even close to the same dimensions and weight if they were to add a keyboard.

Its a give and take thing. Ill take the phone how it is, with all of its ups and downs I would hate it to be larger and heavier. If you pick up a 8900, which is pretty much the same size and compare weight, you will see how heavy the Storm already is. Add sliding mechanisms and a keypad and uh oh....

Plus that is just more hardware to fail as it always will with "fancy" moving phones like that.
    04-13-09 06:44 AM
    your right
    04-13-09 06:48 AM
    I think that RIM should have an option in screen/keyboard settings to disable the surepress because I HATE it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 06:56 AM
    A slider is just something to wear out faster. They could keep the same dimensions but would likely have to probably forgo the surepress screen for a fixed screen. It would also be a slight sacrifice of the quality of the product to add in a slider I feel. But you never know they could surprise us. To the poster that stated that there are plenty of HTC touches out there that have a slide out keyboard the issue with the touch is IT IS A WINMO DEVICE.
    04-13-09 07:00 AM
    I love my sure press keypad it is the best thing I have ever used!

04-13-09 07:07 AM
    noooo i hate touchscreen phones WITH keyboard.
    in my opinion they should just improve the surepress technology and go for a full touchscreen blackberry WITHOUT a keyboard.
    I agree! I do not want a slide out keyboard.
    04-13-09 07:12 AM
    If it's something like this:

I don't want it
    04-13-09 07:32 AM
    I agree! I do not want a slide out keyboard.
    I have to agree as well slide out keyboards not only stick they make the phone that much thicker and heaver, and the virtual keyboard in the storm is one of the things I like the most about it, I could type a book on it without any problem now and type less wrong letters then I did on my previous phone with real keyboards.
    04-13-09 07:34 AM
    if they could pull it off, i think a storm with a slide out keyboard would look pretty clean, but i like mine as it is anyways, especially when we see 5.0
    04-13-09 07:45 AM
    The phone is big and heavy enough IMO, so no for me
    I co-sign!
    04-13-09 08:23 AM
    it'll just take away from the storms intrigue
    04-13-09 08:29 AM
    Well if the Storm was made with the pure touch factor like the iphone then there will be no need for a slide out keyboard. Yes it would indeed make it much bigger and heavier. It's pretty Slick the way it looks now. This Storm was the test model, with Storm 2 I think they'll get it right.
    04-13-09 08:35 AM
    Best way to think about it.

RIM needs to expand its options. the Niagara is already a niche filler. I am sure some people out there would like a touch screen slider BB. For those people hopefully one day RIM does release one for them. As for the Storm if RIM wants me to continue to purchase their services in the future need to have a touch screen non-slider. Much like you don't see a Curve with a touch screen, I think the Storm 2 will be another touch screen surepress or similar phone.
    04-13-09 08:39 AM
    I just want my 4" screen.........................

Ya hear that RIM!!!!!!!!
    04-13-09 09:38 AM
    I love my sure press keypad it is the best thing I have ever used!

+1 im really coming around
    04-13-09 09:40 AM
    why worry about keyboard ?? no keyboard is best in any kind of cellphones . if you are happy with keyboard then stick with it !
    04-13-09 09:45 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD