Hey guys
    I need serious help..
    so I am with Virgin Mobile Canada, and I recently bought a storm 2 with telus,
    it was locked but I went to unlock2go.com and bought a unlock code.. now the phone is unlocked. The activation required thing was still there, so i used my brothers telus phone and called Telus and activated the phone on Telus, and then de activaetd it after.
    so now this phone is unlocked, and de activated, but my virgin mobile sim card doesn't work... and for my phoen number it shows up as the telus mobile number, I want it to show my Virgin MObile number and make it work with my Virgin Mobile sim card.
    I tried to put the settings under GSM but it still does not work.
    I tried doing the ##000000, but it says invalid passsword, so im assuming i need to find the MSL code, but I called telus and they wudnt give it to me, please help me, thank you very much.
    10-21-10 04:26 PM
    Yeah man i actually looked at a buncha threads but the situations arent like mine.... not quite
    10-21-10 06:16 PM
    Evidently it's still showing up on registered on Telus even though it's not activated. They have to release the PIN from their data network and send default IT Policy.

They can do it, no reason why not. You probably should not have activated it on their network..That started the whole thing.
    10-21-10 08:19 PM
    well,
    i just got my msl code, and i changed my mobile directory number and everything...
    but it still says SOS, does that mean my SIM card is the issue?
    10-22-10 09:46 AM
    well,
    i just got my msl code, and i changed my mobile directory number and everything...
    but it still says SOS, does that mean my SIM card is the issue?
    Did you get an unlock for your Virgin Mobile SIM? If not it won't work in a different phone, I think.
    10-22-10 10:09 AM
    yeah.. i did get a unlock, Ihad a sony xperia unlocked before I had this phone, and it worked fine
    10-22-10 10:51 PM
    What's going on is that the Storm 2 is GSM and CDMA. Currently it sounds like you're in CDMA mode. That's why it's showing the telus number. To enable gsm mode go into menu-Mobile Network-change the option to GSM instead of EVDo. This should do the trick
    10-22-10 11:00 PM
    Also after you change the network you might want to reboot the phone
    10-22-10 11:00 PM
    Yeah , I actually tried that a buncha time but still doesnt do the trick, it recognizes my virgin mobile network but still says SOS for the network signal
    10-22-10 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD